Hello Guest September 08, 2024, 03:12:59 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: V Step Appreciation Thread  (Read 8460 times)

shaka

• Forum member
Re: V Step Appreciation Thread
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2007, 16:39:10 »

im sorry.please accept my apology... :'(

Hi shipfan55

Apology accepted and no hard feelings :)

All The Best

Michael

alazose

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2007, 18:28:40 »

Well, the patch/add-on download currently contains 500 MB, and since I have a very slow broadband transfer rate, I’m perfectly content to wait for the final release.  Like the other VSTEP fans above, I’m grateful to Pjotr and the gang for all their efforts in providing the very welcome improvements to SS2008.

And we shouldn’t be too hard on the people who complained about or reported on the patch bugs because that’s exactly what they were asked to do.  If it’s beneficial to VSTEP, then they’ve served their purpose.  Of course, if VSTEP can make any sense at all out of those bug postings, then VSTEP deserves a great deal more credit than I’ve given them.

Bob831

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2007, 19:58:02 »

Awesome job!!!!!

Just completed the 'Pick up a patient' mission in Force 7 seas and I was fealing queasy such was the realism of the wave motion!  How do they do it?

Look at the resources that Gates has got to turn out Flight Sim and Train Sim (Yucch!) and you've got to take your hat off the VSTEP.

Just working on my wish-list for the next patch ;)

"The more you give 'em, the more they'll want!"

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2007, 20:54:10 »

Just started a mission with the tanker (didn't even notice which mission tbh) and looking over the stern rail at the setting sun and the reflection of the sun on the sea, anything more than about 3ft from the screen and you could be forgiven for thinking you were looking at live television.

I am probably about the last to download the patch as I've been away on travels... away from a fast broadband, but it has to be said that this patch brings the sim to a whole new level.

I particularly like how easy to control the Red Eagle has become.

I am going off on Pride of Bilbao in 2 weeks, so i may just have to take this with me on the laptop.

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

gzerovti

• Forum member
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2007, 11:24:53 »

I have not had Ship sim 2008 very long and have only been a forum member for a few weeks but I feel I must congratulate V Step and all the team for a first rate product.
I have used other well known simulators in the past but non of them compare with Ship Sim for the quality and the backup that you get.
Just consider that we get new missions virtually daily! Which other sim provides this sort of extras?
I feel that Ship Sim is very friendly and you are allowed to get personally involved and feel part of the forum, you can ask questions and get answers very quickly straight from the top at times again which other sims give you this?
I am enjoying my Ship Sim 2008 and would like to thank V Step, all the moderators and members for all the interesting features and comments.
Please keep up the great work.  ;)

Regards
Terry
A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner

toni81

• Forum member
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2007, 18:21:10 »

I agree 100%

ee w

• Forum member
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2007, 06:41:25 »

I have not had Ship sim 2008 very long and have only been a forum member for a few weeks but I feel I must congratulate V Step and all the team for a first rate product.

Agree. I downloaded 08 today after spending much time with Ship Sim 06.

Looks like a great improvement. I see V Step have added the ability to connect/disconnect the tow line, and that was my number one wish.

I was looking for a manual, installed update v1.1 and there it is.

I made the mistake of choosing the Red Eagle to first try out, not a good idea if like me you have no idea that it is using a Voith Schneider Propulsion system and never seen one before.

This is looking really great!

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2007, 14:29:54 »

Hi

There are a few topics that cover the Red Eagle and how to control/not crash it. Just type red eagle into the search engine and have a quick look through them.

The trick to using the R E is to avoid harsh or sudden control changes. It's quite easy with the 1.1 patch ut was a little odd pre-patch.

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

ee w

• Forum member
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2007, 02:11:02 »

Hi

There are a few topics that cover the Red Eagle and how to control/not crash it. Just type red eagle into the search engine and have a quick look through them.

The trick to using the R E is to avoid harsh or sudden control changes. It's quite easy with the 1.1 patch ut was a little odd pre-patch.

Stu

Thanks, I see there are some very good posts with screenshots and video clips about running the Red Eagle.

I think I will leave that one alone for now, I'm finding the Pride of Rotterdam and Fairmount Sherpa are keeping me busy at the moment.

I'm really pleased that now I can use a Logitech game controller!

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2007, 10:57:11 »

I'm glad you found it useful. The videos and comments did warn of erratic handling, but thats been sorted. Its funny- but we all go for the big ships first :)

Stu

shipfan55

• Forum member
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2007, 20:16:15 »

GO VSTEP!GO VSTEP!GO VSTEP! WOOOOOOOOOT!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

(P.S.this is the appreciation forum!!)

William Bensch

• Forum member
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2007, 08:50:46 »

;D  Appreciation++Appreciation++Appreciation++Appreciation++Appreciation++Appreciation++Appreciation++Appreciation++ ;D

Subwolf

• Forum member
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2007, 10:12:51 »

Thanks, I see there are some very good posts with screenshots and video clips about running the Red Eagle.

I think I will leave that one alone for now, I'm finding the Pride of Rotterdam and Fairmount Sherpa are keeping me busy at the moment.

I'm really pleased that now I can use a Logitech game controller!

Don't be afraid of the Red Eagle, her handling before the patch had nothing to do with reality, but now she handles a lot better and is very stable. You still have to learn how to deal with all the wheels though, but she's a cool vessel to helm once you know how to master her ;)

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2007, 23:12:52 »

I find myself agreeing with Subwolf! Here's a good link to a discussion on the 'Eagle. I agree- it is really a good ship as it is so different to the rest of them.

http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,2282.new.html#new

Stu

Subwolf

• Forum member
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2007, 23:48:33 »

Amazing...

And they fixed the direction indicator bug with the official patch, the Eagle is now close to perfect :)

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2007, 12:11:26 »

As I haven't been back home to download the official patch  :o I haven't had chance to test this... But when steering from the 'rear' helm when going 'reverse' the dials were reversed.

Have they been swapped around so that the 'pod behind' is always the bottom dial on the desk- or is the real 'Eagle like it is in pre-patch.

Does that make any sense? Can't think of a better way to phrase it. ;)

Stu
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines