Hello Guest April 27, 2024, 04:42:22 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: I WANT A REFUND!  (Read 12795 times)

joshbw

• Forum member
I WANT A REFUND!
« on: October 02, 2010, 15:37:00 »

I just spent 45 minutes playing this stupid game for it to crash on me right at the end.  What a piece of ****!  This software is the worst program I have ever seen!  I cant believe I just wasted almost an hour of my morning for it to crash on me as the objective was FINALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY coming up.  Then last night I put another 30 minutes of my time into this game.  After the second objective the ship just up and up runs aground.  Check the map we are in deep water, game over.  No starting from last objective, start from the beginning again and be ready to waste 30 more minutes to get back to where you just were where you ship ran aground with no warning or reason.  I have been jawboning with some of the admins here about this patch but let me say this.  There is no way that this new patch can fix the short falls of this game.  This is BAD SOFTWARE!  Its not that the game isn't for everyone, its for no one because the game itself doesn't function.  I have a $5,000 cpu here and this game wont run on it so if it wont work for me good luck to everyone else.  I am demanding a refund for this piece of junk and you guys should too!

edited for language - Fred
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 15:57:41 by Mad_Fred »

Bottman

• Global Moderator
Re: I WANT A REFUND!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 15:49:13 »

You can do what you want, but you can't win any time! You can just loose it, whatever you do. But the game is functional, even with a cheaper computer like mine. Maybe you are not aware of the deeper sense of a ship simulator? This one is the only serious ship simulator you can get for less than 40 Euro. And it works pretty well, beside some bugs, which shall be fixed with the upcoming patches.
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!
Look at www.elbdampfer-hamburg.de

--tractorman--

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 15:49:48 »

meh, moan all you like, loads of people will think against you.

1. doesn't crash with me, something your end there chap
2. you dont need to call it a piece of junk, go on, you make something better, then see how hard it is.
3. A patch can fix stuff you know? hence what its for..

so personally if you deem to hate the game, run along and find a better one that meets for satisfaction.

joshbw

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 16:16:48 »

I don't maker software so I cant make anything better.  However if I put out some half baked product at my job I would have hell to pay.  Done arguing with you guys.  I am just telling the greater community at large here this software is junk.

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 16:19:11 »

But the greater community at large is too busy enjoying the game :)

joshbw

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2010, 16:26:39 »

But the greater community at large is too busy enjoying the game :)

ok so it must just be me  ???  For anyone to call this software anything but junk just means that it is YOU that doesn't understand simulators (and software as a whole) and not the other way around.  

Bottman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2010, 16:27:04 »

Well seen, RMS Gigantic! :2thumbs:
Beside that, joshblow is gonna waste some time again... :angel:
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!
Look at www.elbdampfer-hamburg.de

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2010, 16:35:16 »

Hmm, I strangely have not suffered crashes similar to yours.

As such, it cannot be a widespread and structural problem. Might indeed be something wrong at your end, you never know.

The bugs that can be duplicated are being fixed, but that takes time. But unexplained crashes that other users do not suffer constantly and en masse, have nothing to do with those, honestly.

If you count the number of people with problems that post here about them, and then cross out those that will be addressed in the patch, and those that indicate user error or pc's that can't handle it, and offset that against the actual number of registered users, you'll find that the greater community doesn't share your opinion en masse and is playing the game just fine.

They might have different wishes as far as included or excluded features go, and legit complaints about known bugs. But as I said, lots of those will be addressed with the patch.

Incidental crashes however, are a different story. They often do not point back at the software, but at the machine using the software and other software in use at the same time.  Are you sure you're not stressing your 5000 dollar processor too much with background programs or such that cause you to run out of RAM?

My €1000 computer runs it just fine, at a good frame rate, and has been since the testing phase went into release candidate stage and onwards, and I haven't suffered a single crash yet since then. So it can't be a structural problem with the game, or I would have had the same problems as you. Your 'doesn't work for anyone' remark is an unsubstantiated claim I am afraid. But I do understand your frustration and you're entitled to your opinion of course.

But maybe approaching it from a 'can someone help me examine my situation' standpoint, goes a lot further than throwing mud and cussing. I know losing 75 minutes of your life is a horrible experience, but perhaps something can be done to prevent such a disaster in the future.

Regards,
Fred

jim.smith

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2010, 16:46:11 »

SSE runs perfectly on my $800 PC so hang in there until the patch is released,you might be pleasantly surprised.
Jim.

Subwolf

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2010, 16:58:58 »

ok so it must just be me  ???  For anyone to call this software anything but junk just means that it is YOU that doesn't understand simulators (and software as a whole) and not the other way around.  

No you're far from alone, and some have already received a refund. There's no doubt that the game in it's current state is unacceptable, that's why a large patch should be just around the corner. I've decided to wait for it and see if it gets the game fixed.

Finn700

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2010, 17:01:13 »

SSE have never crashed on my comp, if you've paid $5000 for your comp you've been cheated by your supplier, most expensive pc setup is around $2000 at this moment, unless you want it to goldplated...
And for after paying $5000 (for apparently nonsense setup), why such a fuss about loss of $40... :D

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2010, 19:57:39 »

Hoy,
Even on my computer runs the game very well.I have no problems at all.
About the bugs which are inside the game,they get settled by patches,also no problem.
Marc
N

pusser_uk

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2010, 20:21:22 »

I just spent 45 minutes playing this stupid game for it to crash on me right at the end.  What a piece of ****!  This software is the worst program I have ever seen!  I cant believe I just wasted almost an hour of my morning for it to crash on me as the objective was FINALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY coming up.   I am demanding a refund for this piece of junk and you guys should too!

edited for language - Fred

I've had a couple of crashes, but I am sure its not the game, more the limitations of my computer. Generally speaking, it works fine for me, a bit slow sometimes but ships are slower than shoot-em-ups and flights sims. With my cheap computer, I am getting on slowly, but very well thanks!   :thumbs:

/\/\ike

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2010, 06:07:41 »

@joshbw,

Maybe an idea to send your DxDiag,as an attachment together with a post.Than our more technical mods/members can maybe see the problem??
Regards
Marc
N

joshbw

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2010, 13:01:58 »

The crashes are few and far between, however the missions ending for no good reason happens almost every time.  I was doing a mission the other day AGAIN where a pilot boat came up to the red dry bulk ship and ended up driving under my ship and thus sinking me. Another 45 minutes lost completly, because of bad software. Its more these kind of problems then anything else.  With the new I-7 processors and 14 gb of memory and needing a system within a system to keep the box running cool you can easily get up to a $5,000 box. 

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2010, 14:47:21 »

I am perplexed as to the "red dry bulk ship". ???  To my knowledge there is no such vessel in the game. Perhaps my two bit computer cannot find her. :-\ :(
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

metman

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2010, 15:01:20 »

Don't worry Traddles, probably got sunk by that monster wave you didn't see..............................!!!!!!

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2010, 16:58:21 »

@joshbw,
We know that their are errors and bugs in the game.We are aware of that.
However, just put your DxDiag with an attachement,maybe we can help you better,or see what might be wrong.
Marc
N

Capetan Thanasis

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2010, 18:36:52 »

Hi
my PC is under game requirements (Dual core 2.4 MHz - nVidia 8600 GTS - 2 MB RAM). I installed the game having the sence that it will run in 2-3 fps. In medium settings and 1280X1024 resolusion in windowed mode the game runs very good, even in ports. I had only one crash in the period of one month I use the game. I think the PC constraction is a remarcable fact in the good runing of the game.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 22:57:22 by Capetan Thanasis »
Best Regards

Thanasis

Dazzle MN

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2010, 20:13:44 »

I must admit I can understand where Josh is coming from, it is frustrating to spend money on something that does not work out of the box, problem is, I have yet to play a game or simulator of any kind that does not need a bit of tweaking. Might I suggest if you have the problems after installing the new patch that you check your graphics drivers etc, also as someone mentioned earlier crashing can be caused by a lack of cooling, computers do get pretty damn hot, I am fortunate enough to have 3-4 fans on my case as well as a fan inside the keep it well ventilated. I must admit I look forward to SSE and have purposely waited for the patch before buying it as I did not want my first impressions blurred by some starting tweaks.
It sounds strange but when a ship comes out of build, during sea trials if nothing appears wrong with it, people look for problems, because in the beginning perfection or near to it is impossible and therefore something is unnaturally wrong, it is usually a bad omen. For those of us that are superstitious mariners anyway lol

:captain:
Merchant Navy Deck Officer
MNTB Ambassador

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2010, 20:31:56 »

i have a €300,- PC from 2005, game runs great, only a 20FPS, but that's normal for a computer that old.
maybe spent wise instead of expensive next time.
also if i were you i shall do a driver test to see if all drivers are up-to-date even a matter of a few weeks old driver can make a big diffrence.

as marcstat said, you should post a DXdiag file in here for members to spot any errors or anything that might cause the crashes.

and remember, we are here to help, and not to act as a complaint center  ;)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 20:44:56 by mr robville »

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2010, 20:46:02 »

The crashes are few and far between, however the missions ending for no good reason happens almost every time.  I was doing a mission the other day AGAIN where a pilot boat came up to the red dry bulk ship and ended up driving under my ship and thus sinking me. Another 45 minutes lost completly, because of bad software. Its more these kind of problems then anything else.  With the new I-7 processors and 14 gb of memory and needing a system within a system to keep the box running cool you can easily get up to a $5,000 box. 

joshnw,

Well, SSE runs perfectly on my PC. My set-up is nothing special, only the humble Intel i3-540 processor, 8GB RAM and a graphic card that is 2 years old. Oh and I run a very tight ship where Windows/drivers updates and general PC housekeeping are concerned.

Marcstrat has asked you to post your Dxdiag so that we can see what's wrong. Go on, post your Dxdiag as we might be able to tell you if anything is amissing and we might even be able to help you.
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC

*M*A*S*

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2010, 03:08:05 »

You can do what you want, but you can't win any time! You can just loose it, whatever you do. But the game is functional, even with a cheaper computer like mine. Maybe you are not aware of the deeper sense of a ship simulator? This one is the only serious ship simulator you can get for less than 40 Euro. And it works pretty well, beside some bugs, which shall be fixed with the upcoming patches.

I completely agree. This is a lot of bang for your buck in regards to real ship sims. Going on a real sim alone cost about 400$ for a couple hours.  I know the bugs will be less eventually. I know vstep will improve this sim
*M*A*S*
Ships Officer
U.S. Merchant Marine

freeciv

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2010, 03:48:08 »

I was doing a mission the other day AGAIN where a pilot boat came up to the red dry bulk ship and ended up driving under my ship and thus sinking me

Hmm... are you talking about SS08 and not SSE? 
Gone fishing            Thanks pdpx7 for the great sig!

srg2712

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2010, 18:03:29 »

To every one on this forum, PLEASE READ THE CUSTOMER FEEDBACK ON AMAZON, GOOGLE etc a lot of people are complaining and wanting a refund mostly due to their activation keys not being accepted and for those that do the game constantly crashing, this is not the first time Ship Simulator has let people down, the software on most editions of SS are riddled with bugs even as far as not being able to unmoor vessels to start a mission, the designers of this software appear to be amateurs and not up to the task, they should look at how other simulators run without bugs and learn from them, if the moderators on this site diagree then why are so many members unhappy, I have complained in the past and got a not too friendly response from MVSmith who by now should face up to the fact that this software IS and allways has been VERY POOR, Vstep seem unable to put things right and as per usual EVERYONE who complains are told either check your graphics card or you have a faulty computer, the fault never lies with Vstep, and as I have already said why are so many people complaining, and why do so many "patches" have to be released surely the game should be fully tested BEFORE being put on sale, NONE of my Ship Simulator editions have worked properly and I WILL NOT be buying Extremes, the moderators and designers should get their heads out of the sand, search the internet and find out why there are so many unhappy purchasers of Ship Simulator, I expect a bit of a backlash and sarcastic replies to this post but the facts and very poor reviews from purchasers and independant testers speak for themselves. :-\
PS I have a brand new PC with top grade gaming graphics, 8GB of memory and a 2TB HDD and still Ship Simulator causes problems.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 18:26:23 by srg2712 »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines