Hello Guest April 26, 2024, 14:27:12 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: I WANT A REFUND!  (Read 12793 times)

--tractorman--

• Forum member
Re: I WANT A REFUND!
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2010, 18:13:27 »

everything went fine with me..

srg2712

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2010, 18:20:09 »

Hi Tractorman, thank you for your comment however you must be one of the lucky ones, please look at the reviews on the Amazon site to see the many complaints, I have had every version of SS (except Extreme) and installed all the patches and I would say that approximately 30% of the missions either cannot be completed or major bugs appear, I find it astounding that a software programme can be released to the public only for the purchaser to find that the game cannot be installed due to the supplied activation code being stated as invalid, who would be happy if they purchased a gift token only to be told that it wont be accepted anywhere!.
Kind regards, Steve.

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2010, 18:49:25 »

SSE works fine without any problems on my computer (see my PC specs in my sig below), save for glitches/bugs that has already been reported on this forum. The patch 1.2.2 have mostly ironed out these problems.

System-wise, SSE so far has behaved very well on my PC and I'm very pleased with it.
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2010, 19:02:49 »

Hi srg2712,
I have to say that I am perplexed by your comment about 30% of missions being unable to be completed or bugged. I have just checked your game statistics and it shows that you have not played even one mission in SS 2008 and a mere 5 in SS 2006. That being the case, where on earth did you get your statistics to make the claim?  Whilst I am not in the business of blowing a trumpet for VStep, I found very few missions which were unplayable and I have completed literally hundreds of SS 2008 ones, both original and very well tried and tested custom missions.  All you have to do is to click on my records under the word "EXTREMES" to see that I tell it as it is. As to Extremes we are all very well aware of the problems which have arisen and, as has been mentioned many times, are in process of correction.  

Good luck, and keep smiling,
Angus.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 19:10:11 by Traddles »
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

srg2712

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2010, 19:34:03 »

Hi Angus, I have completed or tried to complete every mission in SS06, SS08 & New horizons and many of the missions in the creators forum, I bet you have not managed to get the stranded ship going in mission 115 on SS06, I gave up conecting to the internet a long time ago and only briefly connected when I experienced problems after installing SS NH on my new computer but found that it was a waste of time as most of the posts (like mine) do not offer any help but just pass the buck, ie computer probs, dodgy graphics etc, are you trying to state that the people who purchased SS through Amazon are not using the software properly, THE ACTIVATION CODES DO NOT WORK, how can such a BIG error such as this be allowed, NO excuse can be found for an oversight like this, a simple fact is that if this software performed as it should then people would not complain and there would be no use for this type of post, members who dont have any problems with SS are lucky, instead of checking my (non existent) upload record check Amazon and see how many disgruntled people there are on thier review site, are they wrong or do they have a valid point, the facts dont lie, do a Google search and see the many listings for SS problems, you mention the problems on Extreme being sorted out, they should have been sorted out before the program was released, do you think that it is acceptible to purchase an item then find it needs "repairing", would you buy a tv knowing that it would need updating before you can use it properly?, I think not, also Trading Standards will be getting plenty of calls about this program as it "does not do what it says on the box" to state an old adage, it simply does not perform as it should. Kind regards, Steve.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 21:18:28 by srg2712 »

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2010, 20:54:33 »

they should have been sorted out before the program was released, do you think that it is acceptible to purchase an item then find it needs "repairing", would you buy a tv knowing that it would need updating before you can use it properly?, I think not, also Trading Standards will be getting plenty of calls about this program as it "does not do what it says on the box" to state an old adage, it simply does not perform as it should.

Maybe you should ask Mr Gates the very same question about his Windows Operating System. It's been full of bugs, security holes and exploits since Windows 3.1! And I believe 16 patches (yes, 16!) for Windows 7 is due out this week. Why can't Microsoft have fixed these vulnerabilities before Windows 7 came out?

I have completed or tried to complete every mission in SS06, SS08 & New horizons and many of the missions in the creators forum, I bet you have not managed to get the stranded ship going in mission 115 on SS06, I gave up conecting to the internet a long time ago and only briefly connected when I experienced problems after installing SS NH on my new computer but found that it was a waste of time as most of the posts (like mine) do not offer any help but just pass the buck, ie computer probs, dodgy graphics etc, are you trying to state that the people who purchased SS through Amazon are not using the software properly

I am sorry to hear that you did not get the help you needed when you were having problems with SS2006 and SS2008. I did have a few problems with SS2008 myself and my experience is that there ARE several guys out there who would be willing to help with a problem.

All I can suggest that you post your DxDiag file (don't worry, this will NOT hold, or expose any personal data) and hopefully someone on here who is knowledgable about PC's can have a wee look at your DxDiag file and tell you if there are anything amissing or offer possible solutions for your Ship Simulator problems. I have done this a few times and it was helpful.
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC

srg2712

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2010, 21:16:45 »

Hi Kevin, I totally agree with you regarding Windows 7, another example of opening the stable door before the saddle is on, Windows have a sort of monopoly its either them or Mac and if you are brought up on Windows then it is hard to make the change, with SS its either take it or leave it, myself and many others are sick and tired of the problems arising from SS & Vstep software and have decided to give it a wide berth, after todays rant I will be having nothing more to do with SS and Vstep in particular, and hopefully the bad memories and experiences will be a thing of the past. Kind regards Steve.  :captain:
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 22:03:05 by srg2712 »

Chitch

• Forum member
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2010, 23:48:41 »

Bye!

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2010, 07:27:15 »

Hi Kevin, I totally agree with you regarding Windows 7, another example of opening the stable door before the saddle is on, Windows have a sort of monopoly its either them or Mac and if you are brought up on Windows then it is hard to make the change, with SS its either take it or leave it, myself and many others are sick and tired of the problems arising from SS & Vstep software and have decided to give it a wide berth, after todays rant I will be having nothing more to do with SS and Vstep in particular, and hopefully the bad memories and experiences will be a thing of the past. Kind regards Steve.  :captain:

OK no worries Steve, I know how it feels to be very frustrating when something is not working properly. Hope you will come back again in future.

Best regards, Kevin

Frank_VSTEP

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2010, 11:50:56 »

are you trying to state that the people who purchased SS through Amazon are not using the software properly, THE ACTIVATION CODES DO NOT WORK, how can such a BIG error such as this be allowed,

Are you referring to the comments on Amazon that date from the first day of release when there were some STEAM problems? All these activation issues have been solved since release day +2, so the Amazon reviews referring to Activation issues are not relevant anymore.

helidan

• Forum member
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2010, 13:04:44 »

Comparing MS Windows operating system and its problems and this sim and its problems is not exactly comparing apples with apples is it.

A LOT of the updates to Windows are because a new threat is discovered that was simply not even remotely considered during the initial programming, the hackers/attackers get smarter and so MS has to try and keep up with updates to its products.
I would say that Windows is an awful lot more complicated than a ship sim!!

But this sim is something else...

A product that should NEVER have been released in its current state, did not appear to have been put through any meaningful beta testing on a variety of different system configurations and seems to be VERY hit and miss as to whether you can actually use it (even if your PC way exceeds the min requirements).

I really do like ship sims but this one like others have said is NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE.

larsdehaan

« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2010, 13:39:50 »

i dont think some of you realise what your saying

1)you wanted the game released as soon as posible, didn't you?
2)now its released and you all are still not happy?

we need to be thankful to v-step that they even tought about a ss08 sequel

thats just my 2 cents

helidan

• Forum member
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2010, 18:23:00 »

@larsdehaan

1, I did not want the game released as soon as possible, I would have been more than willing to wait a few extra months if it would ensure that the end product met peoples expectations of what it should be and how it will perform.

2, Well I think that's stating the obvious, a lot of paying customers are unhappy and quite rightly so. 

I'm confident that this sim will become all what it was meant to be but I really do feel that I was sold a work in progress.

rennie

• Forum member
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2010, 20:10:18 »

there is an update for the game to make damage less sensitive :doh: :doh:
Play roblox or you are a noob

wiplasher5

• Forum member
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2010, 02:43:45 »

Well I dont know what would make you want to have a $5000 CPU and have water in a machine that cant have water on it but... now that the panch is out I no longer have problems and I am running on a $1500 machine which runs everything just fine with 2.4 ghz and 3gb ram :) good luck mate

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2010, 14:36:48 »

If srg2712 cares to refresh his memory this topic might ring a little bell. ::)

http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,17340.0.html

metman

• Forum member
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2010, 15:28:32 »

Oh dear, Traddles, you haven't been paying attention have you?  He left after his last post - supposedly.  I do wish you would pay attention - now and again :evil: :evil:

metman

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2010, 15:41:16 »

How many times have we seen such comments from unhappy people?  More to the point, how many of them really depart for good?  I would not be at all surprised if he does'nt have a sneaky look now and again just to keep his blood boiling nicely.

metman

• Forum member
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2010, 15:43:28 »

Have to agree with you there!!!

srg2712

« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2010, 16:20:02 »

I HAVE been keeping a lookout however I am quite surprised at the childishness of supposed adults on this forum, it is a sorry affair when people cannot submit a valid question or open a debate without getting infantile replies, comments from members such as Metman, Traddles and especially Chitch only strengthen my vow to keep well away from this site and forum, I will be staying in the real world from now on and not communicating with the kiddies, as I said in one of my earlier posts I expected childish replies and you have proved me right, I will not insult my own intelligence by visiting this site again. :sleepy:

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2010, 16:37:44 »

Oh the irony....  ::)

Anyway, I'll lock the topic, now. To quote Graham Chapman..  it's getting a bit silly.

Regards
Fred

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines