Hello Guest April 26, 2024, 23:08:05 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Ship Simulator Extreme Graphics (terrible)  (Read 29567 times)

derbederselo

• Forum member
Ship Simulator Extreme Graphics (terrible)
« on: September 19, 2010, 12:19:14 »

BEFORE

AFTER

WHY THIS GRAPHICS ?

1280 X 1024 75HZ GRAPÄ°CH SETTÄ°NG ...

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
Re: Ship Simulator Extreme Graphics (terrible)
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 12:23:04 »

1) You don't need to shout everything you say; calm down.

2) The v1.2 patch, coming out next week, will fix the problem you posted in your first "after" photo

3) The "before" images are only early, early renders. Few if any games ever have their final products looking as good as the very first pre-release photos.

derbederselo

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 12:31:08 »

Where is titanic in the extreme ??

2.photo  sea wonderfull..
3.photo sea  terrible

v1.2  The problem will go sea ??

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 12:44:11 »

Titanic is going to be released in a few months. Be patient.

As for the sea, as I said, the problem you showed in your third picture will be fixed next week. And actually, the sea in the game can be seen as better than that in the renders in that the real game has 3D wakes.

derbederselo

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 12:46:51 »

Thank You for Reply...

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2010, 16:24:53 »

Also register your licence key  ;)

jacksos101

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 22:10:40 »

As for the sea, as I said, the problem you showed in your third picture will be fixed next week. And actually, the sea in the game can be seen as better than that in the renders in that the real game has 3D wakes.

I think if I had the choice of having '3D wakes' or having my seas looking like the initial renderings, I would choose the latter option in a heartbeat. In my opinion, the 3d wakes look unrealistic and excessively convex and round (similar to the waves of SS2008). The whitewater textures in the actual game have a poor resolution also.

jacksos101

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010, 22:29:10 »

Does anybody know whether the problem in his forth picture (the one with the splashes passing through the hull) will be resolved in the 1.2 patch? I have that problem with SS2008 and I wish that VStep could fix that as well.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 22:13:07 by jacksos101 »

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2010, 22:07:04 »

BEFORE

AFTER

WHY THIS GRAPHICS ?

1280 X 1024 75HZ GRAPÄ°CH SETTÄ°NG ...

Those are pictres when the game was in develoment they lowered the graphics quaility.
My New Favorite Ship Is The Zilver :D
2000  "Virtual - Safety Training & Education Platform"
This Game Is Epic

Dooberry

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2010, 00:07:46 »

Out of interest where you got the images from, do they state in game footage??

I would be more interested to know that if these were screens from in development with resolutions drastically lowered could we please see a motion video or are these actually renered on a 3d software??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_GncSP5bdU&feature=fvw

Vstep and Paradox if your up for the challenge and are so bold as to advertise these types of graphics can you provide us with an ingame video prooving that this engine is actually up to it?

Just to let you know i am not purposely trying to find points of false advertising just very annoyed at the product i have bought and not received!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 00:21:22 by Dooberry »

mvsmith

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2010, 01:39:29 »

Hi Dooberry,
Here is a screenshot from the game at 1920 x 1200 running at 20 FPS.
It was compressed from 7Mb to 1MB. There is no AA used.
Regards,
Marty

jacksos101

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2010, 03:13:27 »

He doesn't want to see a picture of the actual game (the one for sale), he wants VStep to show him a video using the same game version that was used to take the impressive screenshots at the top of this topic, to prove that those graphics are possible (even if a supercomputer is needed to do it), and that they were not simply a single 3D image/frame that was rendered highly for advertising purposes.

At least I think that's what he wants...  :)

VStep really needs to make an effort to take those high quality pictures off their site (not to mention countless 3rd party sites), unless they sincerely believe that SSE will look like that one day. And until that happens, they need to state very clearly that the misleading pictures on their site are not what you will get if you buy the product.

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2010, 03:19:21 »

He doesn't want to see a picture of the actual game (the one for sale), he wants VStep to show him a video using the same game version that was used to take the impressive screenshots at the top of this topic, to prove that those graphics are possible (even if a supercomputer is needed to do it), and that they were not simply a single 3D image/frame that was rendered highly for advertising purposes.

These were of earlier in-development version of the game. That proved to be too heavy in part, and some things were unfortunatly tuned down.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 14:31:48 by Mad_Fred »

Dooberry

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2010, 14:21:12 »

At least I think that's what he wants...  :)

VStep really needs to make an effort to take those high quality pictures off their site (not to mention countless 3rd party sites), unless they sincerely believe that SSE will look like that one day. And until that happens, they need to state very clearly that the misleading pictures on their site are not what you will get if you buy the product.

Absaloutley spot on Jackos, thats what i would like to see from them, i would like to see this working video of the version that 'proved to be too heavy' platform. So far the only part of that screenshot that looks remotely like it could be from the version we have is the ship models.

The pc's that are out at the moment can handle a lot thrown at them.

Regards.

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2010, 14:31:36 »

Well sorry to dissapoint you, but you won't get that, I am afraid.

You can find promo videos and screenshots and a demo, on the official Vstep website. Those are the official ones.

Some other sites still show the very old in-progress shots that have become obsolete. But that's not Vstep's fault, they have sent out the correct batches of promo material, but are not in control of what gamer sites and such post on their web pages.

Fred.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 14:35:53 by Mad_Fred »

jacksos101

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2010, 19:56:11 »

Wouldn't you say its a bit strange then, that VStep still has the old promo shots on their own website?  ???

Correct me if I'm wrong, but one would expect that they have control over their own site...  :-\
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 19:57:47 by jacksos101 »

Dooberry

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2010, 21:41:17 »

These were of earlier in-development version of the game. That proved to be too heavy in part, and some things were unfortunatly tuned down.

What happened to the bit where you admitted about that the images admitadly should not have been on the official website?? :doh:

Posted by Mad_Fred: Today at 04:19:21

Edited by Mad_Fred: « Last Edit: Today at 15:31:48 by Mad_Fred »

I take it you have to be careful what you say on here?

Regards.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 21:44:36 by Dooberry »

Dooberry

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2010, 21:59:35 »

As my point goes many times now in this forum sims that are out there in this day and age are at a much higher standard and now for less money, like i have also said before systems are more than capabale of performing.

Check out the below some material showing just how good physics are in sims these days. Also i would like to say here that i am not comparing the type of simulator merely the realism and physics of it. The following is more like what VSTEP have produced as advertising material:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UssaI9OJZ50&feature=fvsr

Regards.

Dazzle MN

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2010, 22:17:46 »

I must admit that recent hunter game is beautiful, but my first Officer on it moans all the time, he has an eye patch for God's sake scare the crew into submission lol, I have given up with him, other than that, I sit for ages watching my victim sink in that game, just wish there were people running around on deck trying to put out fires or preparing lifeboats or something. But that brings me point, people get something good and always want more, this Sim (SSE) is unique, and pretty young as a sim, hunter games have been on the go for years, these things take development time as everything has to be done from scratch.

Patience is a virtue, not one I have at the best of times but it is one I endeavour to achieve.
Merchant Navy Deck Officer
MNTB Ambassador

Firestar

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2010, 00:07:09 »

Damn I would do a LOT for that version of the game lol

molleh

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2010, 01:39:33 »

There is more then just "high quality beta version that was tuned down before release" screenshots.  Those, in my opinion, are clearly photoshopped to some degree and absolutely do not belong on the website.

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2010, 02:19:51 »

AFAIK they are not on the website and haven't been for quite a while.

But some other gamersites and sites where you can purchase the game, have not updated their promo material after Vstep has sent them the current ones.

Sadly, you can't control what they do.

Fred.

jacksos101

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2010, 02:37:04 »

But there are still pictures on the website that should not be there. Maybe not the ones posted at the top of this thread, but ones like the Rainbow Warrior with the nice bow splashes.

Misleading, that's what that is...

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2010, 02:40:50 »

True, that one is not a representation of the current bow wakes.

But oh well, it's not the first advertisement that's ever been misleading, I reckon..  Or do you get the same burgers you see on the TV ads, at your local Maccas?  :P

Seriously though, can't say anything about that, you're absolutely right. That picture is old.

Well, Vstep is aware of that... 

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2010, 05:18:44 »

That picture of the Rainbow ship is also on the box version. On the front of the box so is there a picture of the Coastguard Cutter, but that I think most persons understand is a 'fixed' picture. But, on the backside of the cover are 4 different pictures, one of them are that Greenpeace ship, and this pictures did at least I thought were real in game pictures. And a reason to that is that they could easily be connected to the text. And, the description of the game says:

"Realistic water and weather system. Sail calm waters or take on extreme weather and heavy storms, all stunningly recreated"

So with that picture as seems like in game pictures so did I expected something more. But I will also say that this game have good graphic if it had been a simulator. But maybe someday so will Vstep have made this game with realistic water  and turned the game in to a simulator game. They obviously can, cause Nautis I suppose is a great simulator, they could have gone fore a simplyfied version of that one.

Sorry wiqvist, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
If you cannot show respect, and keep acting like a troll, then you're not allowed to po
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines