Hello Guest April 27, 2024, 00:35:41 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ship Simulator Extreme Graphics (terrible)  (Read 29568 times)

wiqvist

• Forum member
Re: Ship Simulator Extreme Graphics (terrible)
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2010, 12:55:20 »

Biggles1975, I agree with most of what you are saying, except your personal opinions of the game. But I wonder where you have found a post of some who think this game should be like a real simulator?

And I love that funny excuse for having lowered the graphic. With that logic so could the graphic have been set so low so it could have been possible to play it on Commodore 20(I mention this to show how empty that argument is, and for you younger persons so is Commodore 20 one of the first home computers, and if I do not remeber wrong so did I got one of them 1984-1985). I understand the argument that if the graphic was like it is on the pictures so could only newer computers handle the program, but then should 'inn games' pictures be from how the game realy is, but I suppose(and hope), that this is only a misstake from Vstep, cause if not they are thinking very short.

Finaly, I have said it before, I would have prefered even lower graphic than what it is now, if the game was a little bit more like a simulator-game. In my opinion so should simulator-game simulate the reality as much as possible. There is of cource differences between a simulator and a simulator-game. In SSE so is only speed forward and backwards and steering what is simulated. When a five year old boy can take a big cruiseship from Rotterdam to England with no help and no misstakes(only help with translate the english), so do I not consider this boat-driving game as a simulatorgame. But I have hope, I like what the game can become and hope it one day will be like a simulator-game.

Now I feel like I repeat me self a lot, but I suppose that Biggles have not read any of my former post.

Sorry wiqvist, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
If you cannot show respect, and keep acting like a troll, then you're not allowed to po

PoRL

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2010, 14:39:12 »

I stopped reading at the seventh word.

As soon as somebody starts trying to demean others with labels, I know I have no further interest in the content.
On my boat, the crew's job is to make the skipper look good!

Biggles1975

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2010, 16:02:55 »

You do have a vaild point about SSE wiqvist and my post was not aimed at you as I would like to see the improvents that you ask for. I would love to see ships in this game that are the standard of PMDG aircraft in flight sim. I would like to see tide and weather add-ons that'll allow real world weather into the game I hope this is what Vstep are going to aim for and or allow 3rd party devs to make this sim into the game we'll want.

Diego138

• Forum member
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2010, 16:32:59 »

a Gentleman, I dont even have the opportunity to choose animals and persons like showed in that screen. Did i miss something?

Diego

MrTitanic

• Forum member
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2010, 22:20:28 »

Graphics aren't everything but i was dissapointed with the graphics in my opinion i looks like SS2008 with a new fancy ocean the game is more demanding then Crysis and i lags on my computer even though i can run it but we must be patient when has a game ever been released without problems PC games tend to be more rushed then console game you should try the PC version of GTAIV its terrible and GTAVC is impossible to finish because of the helicopter RC mission the controls were badly transfered.
Also the bow wave that appears on the image of RWIII at the back of the game is a LIE it has the same one in SS2008

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2010, 06:07:14 »

Biggles, then I have missunderstood your post, I am sorry. And as you say we then have the same opinion of the game. So I hope you will take my appololgy?

Sorry wiqvist, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
If you cannot show respect, and keep acting like a troll, then you're not allowed to po

Firestar

• Forum member
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2010, 04:02:25 »

True, that one is not a representation of the current bow wakes.

But oh well, it's not the first advertisement that's ever been misleading, I reckon..  Or do you get the same burgers you see on the TV ads, at your local Maccas?  :P

Seriously though, can't say anything about that, you're absolutely right. That picture is old.

Well, Vstep is aware of that... 
What I'm really curious about is, particularly in the shot of the Rainbow Warrior III, was the bow splash actually part of the beta or was it photoshopped? That's very nice looking, and I must say, I would rather have the water effects from the promos than the bumpmapping and better hull textures we see on our current SSE vessels, because, let's face it, that water looks absolutely stunning. I'm not putting anyone down, of course, VSTEP did a nice job, but I wonder why they tuned down certain things where less important things could have been given leeway, then again, it's also about RAM usage too I guess, if it was so heavy that loosing ALL of the other good features still didn't equal the amount of RAM that the ocean took up I guess they had reasons..

Like I said, I'm sure they had reasons because I know they don't do things for no reason, but I'm curious as to what the reasons were.. :P

Alexisth1

• Forum member
« Reply #32 on: February 29, 2012, 00:41:41 »

THIS :
http://images.wikia.com/shipsimulator/images/b/bb/Iz4f2nus84t7pabo.png
looks way better than the final release , even this looks better
:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qul0r7XQ1Ok&list=FL874n9PP0EaF1v19lHHC4HQ&index=5&feature=plpp_video

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #33 on: February 29, 2012, 02:23:07 »

Alexisth1, funny that you bump this thread up.

Funny that Vstep have still not changed the pictures on their site, and still sells the game with pictures as should look like ingame pictures but they are not. In contries like Norway so is that strictly forbidden and companies who do so are not companies who common persons like very much. I do not know how the law is in Netherlands but I know it is illegal in many contries. Vstep is of cource not alone with this, but why do they like to belong to that group of companies using illegal or almost illegal tactics to sell their product. If the product was good enoug as it is they did not need to use such pictures and also words describing the game as something as it not is. The player is said to be the captain of the ship, and the main thing in this game is mission. In most missions so do not the player know what is going to happen after next waypoint. How many captains do not have a clue if they should turn, stop or what they should do at after next waypoint. In SS2008, so was this solved better, by the way you could get old and new messages up when you like, except for some emergency matters, but that was also more realistic than now. SSE was a step backwards in developements in many ways.

Finaly, I deleted SSE and all other Vstep products from my computer, and now so does FSX runs much better, also Vehicle simulator runs better.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: February 29, 2012, 12:56:41 »

Perhaps now that you have removed all Vstep products from your computer you might like to stop posting here also. It would seem rather pointless I feel.
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: February 29, 2012, 13:06:15 »

Hi Angus
Thank you for voicing my thoughts I to can not understand why he still posts
he has no time for the game and made that Extremely obvious.
                                                                                       Eric

mvsmith

« Reply #36 on: February 29, 2012, 13:53:43 »

Now that he has removed VSTEP products from his computer—with a vow never to buy any more—perhaps the administrator should do him the courtesy of removing his registration and account so that the poor guy can sell, or donate, his copy to someone else.

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: February 29, 2012, 19:49:08 »

Funny that Vstep have still not changed the pictures on their site, and still sells the game with pictures as should look like ingame pictures but they are not. In contries like Norway so is that strictly forbidden and companies who do so are not companies who common persons like very much. I do not know how the law is in Netherlands but I know it is illegal in many contries. Vstep is of cource not alone with this..

Many games use pre rendered footage in screenshots and trailers. Mafia II, Mass Effect 3, World of Warcraft especially, Flight simulator X I'm sure you'll remember this image: Just to name a few.
And those are big developers.

I even am guilty for it by showing rendered screenshots of 3D models which will be used in a game that doesn't  even support softmap shadows and reflections.

So I don't really agree on that one.
Not everyone is, but people must be aware that early footage is plausible to be pre rendered in many cases.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 19:50:41 by mr robville »

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #38 on: February 29, 2012, 20:23:45 »

Now that he has removed VSTEP products from his computer—with a vow never to buy any more—perhaps the administrator should do him the courtesy of removing his registration and account so that the poor guy can sell, or donate, his copy to someone else.

Mvsmith, that would be another illegal behavior. As I think you understand so can not administrators do that without my request.

Funny, that three moderators are more concerned about if I continiue posting or not instead of than if a company use pictures like Vstep do. You guys are realy funny. Three grown up adult persons who posting about my person instead of the game. If such coments came from members it would have been bad, but when it come from the moderators, it is even a bit wors. But in my opinion does it only shows that mobbing is not a youth problem it is also and sometimes even more evil, when adults mobbing a person they do not the age of. So I hope you three persons feel realy proud of your posting.

You may not see the difference, but I give my critic about a company and their product, you comment about me as a person. If you do not see the difference, I do not see how a company like to have you as represents of them.

danny

• Forum member
« Reply #39 on: February 29, 2012, 20:39:01 »

Mvsmith, that would be another illegal behavior. As I think you understand so can not administrators do that without my request.
Not wanting to stick my oar in where it isn't wanted, But I feel I should point out that Vstep reserve the right to ban you from the forum with little/no notice, it clearly states that in the terms and conditions you agree to when you register. As a helping hand, I'd be a little nicer to mods and admins, As I've found that being nice gets you further than shouting, screaming, and generally making a right idiot of yourself  :thumbs:

Whilst false advertising IS illegal, In SSE's case it doesn't really make that much difference as to who buys the product or not, as A. SSE's target audiance is small and B. Vstep also show proper images taken in the release version on the homepage, alongside the Images from earilier versions of SSE (so really It can't be classed as false advertising as the images still came from A version of SSE, albet not the version the end user recieved)

« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 20:47:38 by danny »
STCW II/1 Unlimited Officer Of the Watch.
Big or small, I'll sail 'em all!

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #40 on: February 29, 2012, 20:42:42 »

MrRobville, if you continiue reading where you stop quoting me, so do I also say that Vstep is not alone with this. I remeber that picture from FSX, but the difference between Microsoft and Vstep is that Microsoft have removed that picture from the place where they sell the game, Vstep do still have the pictures on the sale site. I do not know about the other games you mention cause I am not familiar with them more than the names.

I think Mc Donnalds is the company most persons around the world know of using pictures of their products, which does not represent the finished product you as a customer got. But is that a great argument for doing the same. Some persons murder other persons but it is not an excuse for doing the same. Even if that is not a good thing to compare with so do I think most persons can see what I try to show with that example.

When I had my own company, I always tried to do a better job than the last job, and I never compared me with them who did less good work, I tried to reach the level of them who were better than me.

Vstep is of cource not alone with this, but why do they like to belong to that group of companies using illegal or almost illegal tactics to sell their product.

LucAtC

• Ship Simulator Developer
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: February 29, 2012, 20:59:12 »

Hello wiqvist,

Thank you for taking note of the forum rule about what to do if you disagree with moderators.

What If I Disagree With A Moderator?
Moderators are not perfect and are only human. Disagreements occur. Try to communicate with them first on a respectful level and settle your disagreement. If you do not agree with a decision, you are not entitled to start a thread arguing about the verdict or flaming any of the moderators. Any such messages will be removed. This extends to Private Messages and email as well, and you are not entitled to insult moderators via any of these methods.

If you feel a verdict is unfair, please contact a forum administrator. Inform them about the whole situation.

You tried apparently to be as unpleasant as possible, at the brink of insulting the moderators. You are asked to change this behaviour, and are warned that it could lead to sanctions, something you and everyone here certainly want to avoid.

Regards,
Luc

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2012, 00:00:48 »

Hello wiqvist,

Thank you for taking note of the forum rule about what to do if you disagree with moderators.

You tried apparently to be as unpleasant as possible, at the brink of insulting the moderators. You are asked to change this behaviour, and are warned that it could lead to sanctions, something you and everyone here certainly want to avoid.

Regards,
Luc

I am sorry if I have insulted any moderators. But I did not try to be as unpleasant as possible, that is your opinion about my words. I do not know what I have said which insulted the moderators, can you please tell me what it was they got insulted of?

And this warnings I have been given, can you explain for me which them are, just so I have not missed any of them. I do mean them which are directed to me personally.

It is not such a big deal for me if you ban me from here, but I am glad that you did not banned me before I was able to answer here.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 01:43:25 by wiqvist »

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2012, 19:07:37 »

@wiqvist,

You are right about microsoft removing that image, But I'm just talking in general. many companies still make use of this. In fact, some hollywood movie trailers contain footage that isn't used in the final cut.
Mc Donalds Is not a game developer, but I think it's a fair comparison. I once saw a video of how much make-up they added to those burgers before taking the shot. but that's a diffrent topic.  ;)
I agree that these images can be misleading, but again, it happens so much that I guess we'll just have to accept it. Going after an individual company will not take effect.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines