Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 14:09:41 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: New patch  (Read 55170 times)

chouby-20

• Forum member
New patch
« on: September 16, 2010, 10:52:35 »

Hello everybody,

when are we expected to get the new patch?

sydmichel

• Forum member
Re: New patch
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 12:43:31 »

Hello everybody,

Good question, well asked. (as he sits back and waits for the flames!).
We're all buddies in boats

Denis

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 12:48:30 »

Hello everybody,

When it will be released  ;D

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 12:57:57 »

This is amazing,
there's been spoken on the forum about patches,and the first question appears allready when the patch(es)comes out.
This is the answer for now,untill today there is no date knowned,also what will be repaired first with that patch.
We will keep you posted when and how this will come out.
So the answer is "We dont know"keep an eye on the forum to.It will be announced.
Marc
N

Eike

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 13:47:44 »

Take the old "Duke Nukem Forever"-Statement "When it's done  :captain:

Frank_VSTEP

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 13:51:25 »

metman

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2010, 15:52:12 »

Yippee!!!!  thanks for the info Frank

REgards

Metman

sydmichel

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2010, 15:52:38 »

This is amazing,
there's been spoken on the forum about patches,and the first question appears allready when the patch(es)comes out.
This is the answer for now,untill today there is no date knowned,also what will be repaired first with that patch.
We will keep you posted when and how this will come out.
So the answer is "We dont know"keep an eye on the forum to.It will be announced.
Marc

I told you there would be flames.
We're all buddies in boats

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2010, 16:03:26 »

I see no flames. :doh: Just what I suspect is a lot of smiling faces. ;D I bet you did not expect such a fast response sydmichel. :evil:
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 16:05:08 by Traddles »
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

larsdehaan

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2010, 16:04:07 »

look at franks link again he edited it

J3nsen

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2010, 16:15:35 »

I can see the new patch don't fix my Black Screen problem... So then i have to wait and try to reinstall all again...... and again...... and again.... just in different ways....

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2010, 16:27:26 »

Hmmm..I was hoping there would be an improvement in the Red Eagle controls.. :-\

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2010, 16:31:07 »

Hmmm..I was hoping there would be an improvement in the Red Eagle controls.. :-\

Nope

nor Freedom 90 hover...
nor return of the Camera

---

On the other hand there are quite a few good things being fixed...

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2010, 16:32:58 »

True..It all looks good.. Anyway, let's hope they surprise us and fix Red Eagle and Hovercraft.. ;D

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2010, 16:35:17 »

Hoy,
I'm sure it will be fixed to,in an next patch.It maybe takes some time to make a patch.
Regards
Marc
N

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2010, 16:50:09 »

Thanks marc, I sure hope so.. ;)

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2010, 21:26:56 »

Will the Multiplayer issues about the crashing servers be adressed in this new patch and will a compass-card be included in the upper rightmost map?

coryt415

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2010, 07:12:42 »

some nice things will be fixed looks likes its getting better  :2thumbs: now just waiting  for them to bring back the dual screen/split screen/dual monitor support option  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2010, 15:29:32 »

Is it possible to exclude a cupple of things in the new patch?

Like to turn of the Vhf-chatter, which I would like to have, if, it came with at radio function that you could talk with other ships, for example tell the captain on a big ship what you like him to do when you tug the ship, and that message could be played up, and that would also been a great extra thing to have controle over.

And that it should turn up the speed in walk-throw on stairs. I found it realistic that it took longer time to walk up a stair than running forward.

Or do I have to take all or nothing?

Sorry wiqvist, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
If you cannot show respect, and keep acting like a troll, then you're not allowed to po

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2010, 17:08:14 »

Hi wiqvist,

Some of it is 'all or nothing' but other things are optional, like indicated, the AI traffic for example.

The VHF chatter can be turned on or off aswell, for those that do not like to hear it, or want to turn it down or off where it's not appropriate. (you wouldn't expect too much 'harbour chit chat' when sailing in Antarctica, for example).

An interactive radio menu with selectable messages to send, that's not in the making unfortunatly. It was suggested before, on occasion. But nothing concrete on such a system ever really emerged. I'd personally like that too.

As for the stairs, I agree it's more realistic to be slower on stairs that on a flat equal surface. However, I must say, for me personally, it became annoying after a while, to want to go to a certain spot of a ship to get my eyes on a docking manouvre or something like that, and be seriously slowed down by a bunch of stairs.  :doh:

So it's not too bad for me, but still a good point, the old way was more realistic.  :)

Regards,
Fred

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2010, 18:02:23 »

Thank you for a great answer Fred. Well, I hope it not will be too much speed up, if that will happen it better to rename the view to fly around mode. I consider this change as another step backwards. There are few things in the game which are close to reality, this was one of them, and now it will taken away, another step away from simulation. Of cource so is this my personal view, and I understand your points, a solution could may had been to add an extra cam view so it became 4.

I hope when the visuals now are being more and more perfect(most udates in this patch is about visiual effects(most , not all)), it will be some more focus on develope the simulation effects of controling the ships.

This could may be something to think about in future patches, the possibility to choose which updates the single player like to use. Cause for some are not everything in updates, updates. Some are a 'downdate',hihi. Like this walk thing which now will become less realistic for me and a good thing for others. 

Sorry wiqvist, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
If you cannot show respect, and keep acting like a troll, then you're not allowed to po

Denis

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2010, 18:05:43 »

hi. Like this walk thing which now will become less realistic for me and a good thing for others. 

Don't worry ... the move in the stairs are still slow enough to be realistic, just a little faster so that they're not boring any more. If you find them too fast (which I doubt), you still can move without using the Shift (run) key ...

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2010, 18:41:36 »

Denis, this is of cource not a big thing. I was more suprised that this was included in this patch at al, cause there are so many other things.

And about your answer to me, I do not think you got my point. Cause you see, I do not worry at all about this, so you do not need to defend this change anymore. I will try to explain to you what I tried to say with it. For me so is this walk around mode not boring, as you say it is for you. For me will this change be boring, so if you now try to see it with my eyes so will you see another side of it, not just your own. And to solve such problems for the future coming updates, so do I suggest that it may could be a choice what each single like to include to install. Hope you understand now, and if not, so please ask. My grandfather teached me that it always better to ask a person what he ment instead of making your own conclusions, cause they will most often be wrong. And I found that wise.

coryt415

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2010, 03:32:36 »

Dont worry about the voip/radio comms almost all programs that have build in voip like Battlefield bad company 2 suck anyways people still prefer to use teamspeak/ventrilo beleave me you dont want to hear some kid yelling and not able to make him be quiet with teamspeak/ventrillo you can have on the ppl you want to talk to in your room...built in voip dosent work good no sense in even trying to incorporate it in to any games when these programs works flawlessly(sp? i dont care anyways) and are free to go download one and start chatting today  :2thumbs: btw i dont work for either one of them  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2010, 07:29:02 »

Hoy,
When on multiplayer,you can use maybe the "teamspeak"system.Than you dont need the radio(VHF),because you speak by microphone,and the rest can here you.This makes it more realistic when playing.
Marc
N
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines