Hello Guest April 30, 2024, 08:51:59 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: For everyone who has angry thoughts about SSE  (Read 14556 times)

FinlandUsername

• Forum member
For everyone who has angry thoughts about SSE
« on: August 30, 2010, 14:11:42 »

Well, after reading so many negative and angry comments (with caps on and many angry smilies and otherwise really negative text, you know what I mean) about SSE I now need to let my feelings out.

For people who haven't got their boxed versions yet;
Be patient! It's not VSTEPs fault or anyones fault here that you haven't got your copy yet.
If you want to complain about that you need to complain about it to your local mailservice not to us in here forums.

For people who can't get their version to work because of STEAM;
Be patient! It's not VSTEPs fault or anyones fault here that you haven't got your copy of the game to work yet.
If you want to complain about that you need to complain about it to STEAM not to us in here forums.

For people whose game has some bugs which makes the game completely unplayable;
Be patient and calm down! VSTEP will fixs all the bugs, they just need time to do that. You really should just be happy that there actually is new Ship Simulator available.

For people who has some minor bugs in the game, but they still can play it;
Calm down! Your bugs will be fixed, you just need to give some time to VSTEP to fixs these bugs. Be happy that you can still play SSE.

For people whose game runs slowly and has bad graphics;
Calm down! It might be your own computer that causes these problems not the game. I have seen a lot of nice screens of SSE which has awesome graphics, also there is a screens with less awesome graphics, but that is caused by the computer being a little underpowered for SSE.

So for everyone who is angry because of these reasons and something else that makes you angry;
Calm down! Be patient! Everything will work out just nice, and when that happens you will wish that you never had done those awfully angry post.

And also, you might wanna know this:
VSTEP had two choices with the release of SSE:
 1.Delay the release day and release the SSE without so many bugs and errors
    (If they had done that people will be angry because they get the game later than planned)
 2.Release the game in 27th of August with couple bugs that will be fixed later with couple patches
    (People got angry because of all the bugs and errors)

So maybe you should think about what you are going to write when you next time are going to make an angry post about SSE.

And of course you can write some comments that are negative in constructive way, so that VSTEP knows that they need to fix that with next patch. But please keep those comments clean and non-angry.

And also, I'm waiting SSE to come store nearby, so I haven't got the game yet.
But, unlike so many others in here I can wait patiently to the game to arrive that store and buy it then.

And please don't post a one single angry posts in this thread! This is just for people who can't stand those many angry posts in this forum.

These are just my thoughts, and I hope you read these and think what you are going to post next. :)

'Keep sailing in a happy way trough all the problems you face with SSE' (If any) ;)

TJK

Re: For everyone who has angry thoughts about SSE
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 14:30:03 »

Thanks for that weary good and informative post FinlandUsername  that are the best post about SSE so fare :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Tore

FinlandUsername

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 14:32:58 »

Thanks for that weary good and informative post FinlandUsername  that are the best post about SSE so fare :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Tore

Thanks. I just needed to let some of my feelings out, and, well... :)

I just hope people actually reads it. :)

And I think this haven't been so easy to you, due the fact you need to make sure people don't get too angry and wrote everything on their postes.

I really need to give thumbs up to you that you have helped people and cleaned this forum out of those really angry postes. :thumbs:
Also really huge thumbs up to every moderator who have to deal with the angry people. :2thumbs:
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 14:37:46 by FinlandUsername »

Chitch

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 17:03:06 »

I agree.  Look at the game Rig N' Roll (a trucking sim)...that was delayed and delayed with amazing photos, and videos...then when it came out...Pfffft....not even the steering worked properly on the vehicles....the dynamics were all off, and it's a mess.  From what I've seen so far, the folks who did that sim, still haven't done anything to fix it and it's been out for a few months...so, I wait until I find some patches and upgrades for it, and in the mean time I have SS08, SSE, FSX, RailSimulator, and the venerable old MSTS to work on. 

That's another one, now that I think of it...MSTS was a wreck when it came out, and now there's so many add ons for it that you can't keep up with them all!

Things take time....errors need to be fixed, and not haphazardly either, because that might bring in a whole new set of problems that will really mess up the sim and take even more time.

If your game runs, then that's great...enjoy what you can and wait until the patches come out.  Heck, mine runs pretty well, but for some reason I can't seem to get into Sydney harbor from the Islands in the Pacific...the ship just sits there and spins in circles (about 100+ degrees per minute, then goes the other way, and even at full throttle, it goes in reverse  :doh:)....it's a bug...it'll get fixed in time, but that's the thing that the crew at VSTEP need...time.  They don't have a magic wand to wave over it, it's hundreds and hundreds of lines of code that have to be checked, re-written, or replaced...and none of them can cast a spell to fix it.

So, be patient....things will improve, but you have to give them the time to actually fix the problems.  Some of the problems that have been posted are because the computers aren't up to the task of the demands of the program, and little else.  Others are having problems because they never do maintenance on their systems, but expect it to run like it just came out of the box....that's not reality.  How do you think your car or bike or anything else would run if you never did any maintenance?

Jim

FinlandUsername

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 17:40:13 »

That is true, many games has been games with bugs and errors at the beginning. And after a while there is patches to solve all problems, and you'll never remember how the game was in the beginning.

Just give VSTEP some time and SSE will turn out just the awesome way as it should be. ;)

jeanfla

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 17:52:31 »

Yes wait and it will be not very good but  excellent

CaptainFantastic

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 18:23:59 »

Hi Finlanduser, it is a good initiative to ask people to think before they write thos nasty posts. However, I do not agree with you about it being normal to launch such a buggy game. It is the world upside down. Did you ever buy a car without wheels (and the manufacturer telling you that they will be delivered in a next release)? Or a HiFi set without a plug, so for the time being you can only sit and look at it? Because that was my first reaction when I started the game. I paid the full € 40. Those are real euros. So you might expect to get a real game. People are angry because they like the game so much and are just very disappointed. Having 6fps with a system that is well within the required specifications is a disappointment.

So there you have my reaction. Without foul language, because I agree, that doesn't solve anything.

Let's hope the firsts patches that address the main problems get in quickly

FinlandUsername

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 18:37:44 »

Indeed it is kinda weird to buy for game with bugs and errors.

But think it this way, if VSTEP had delayed the release to fix all the bugs and errors, what would you (and other people) think about that? They and you would be really angry about that.
You can think this still as a delayed release, you'll get your game to work as planned later.
So, if you think this as a ''beta'' release of the game and think that you are helping VSTEP to sort out all the bugs and errors by reporting them, it doesn't feel so bad. Other option would be that you don't have any version of SSE in your computer currently. ;)

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, 18:45:18 »

Hi all,

Thanks for your posts, let's hope they have some effect on some people :)

We really are doing our best to get the game running for everyone, and I can tell you now that I imagine both VSTEP and Steam are working on the issues at the moment.

If you see the amount of pages us modertors have to go through you would probably have quite a shock. Also my download lists of DXDIAG reports and crash files is pretty long too :)

As always, please be patient and those who can run the game just enjoy what you have at the moment :)

All the best,
Adam
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

Chitch

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2010, 18:59:43 »

We can hope Captain....but you know how people are.  Some folks just aren't happy unless they have something to grump about.  I've never understood that myself...I've always been a 'Glass Half-Full' kind of person.  Heck, if you think back...before the release date there were multiple posts of "I want it NOW"..."Why Do I Have To Wait?", and now that they have it...all they do is complain about it.

As they said in the past....You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.  It's like giving someone a new car, and them complaining "But it's not RED!"...c'mon, be glad for what you do have.  Here in the States, Oprah Winfrey gave away cars and some of them had the nerve to complain that they had to pay the tax on them...sheesh...it's a FREE CAR!  What's the matter with you people??!!  :doh:

The only folks that I have any sort of empathy for are the ones who got it but without a License Key....and that's been from Steam I believe (mainly)....they shouldn't be grumping about it here though, they should be writing to Steam....last I checked, VSTEP didn't run Steam.

Oh well....in the meantime, I'll wait on the coming patches, and enjoy what I already have.

Happy Sailing!

Jim

FinlandUsername

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2010, 19:06:23 »

Hi all,

Thanks for your posts, let's hope they have some effect on some people :)

We really are doing our best to get the game running for everyone, and I can tell you now that I imagine both VSTEP and Steam are working on the issues at the moment.

If you see the amount of pages us modertors have to go through you would probably have quite a shock. Also my download lists of DXDIAG reports and crash files is pretty long too :)

As always, please be patient and those who can run the game just enjoy what you have at the moment :)

All the best,
Adam

Everyone who wrote here hopes that it has some affect to people I think. :)

And we can't never thank you moderators enough of the work you need to do to keep this forums at least quite clean of those trash posts. :2thumbs:

Also, I couldn't agree more with you Chitch :)

It's nice to see that I'm not the onlyone with this kind of thougts ;)

Chitch

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2010, 19:15:18 »

Thanks...you know what they say about 'Great Minds run in the same path'  :thumbs:

Jim

FinlandUsername

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2010, 19:21:38 »

Thanks...you know what they say about 'Great Minds run in the same path'  :thumbs:

Jim

Indeed :thumbs:

Roger

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2010, 20:13:07 »

I am absolute positive about the game. After downloading it form shipsim.com. Mailman hasn't delivered it yet.

For people who haven't got their boxed versions yet;
Be patient! It's not VSTEPs fault or anyones fault here that you haven't got your copy yet.

Sure. VSTEP is not the mailman, but there was an expectation about pre-ordering the game. As the website tells:

"Pre-order Ship Simulator Extremes boxed or download from August 9th onwards, and be sure to enjoy the unique bonus in-game content"

'Be sure' could be read as "be sure to receive te game in time".

And also, you might wanna know this:
VSTEP had two choices with the release of SSE:
 1.Delay the release day and release the SSE without so many bugs and errors
    (If they had done that people will be angry because they get the game later than planned)
 2.Release the game in 27th of August with couple bugs that will be fixed later with couple patches
    (People got angry because of all the bugs and errors)

Right you are, but again the expectations were there. VSTEP made a lot of announcements of a fantastic game. They could not have done anything else, but "pre-communication" about "after-sales delivery" should have been a good idea. Today my 7 year old son asked "so where are the whale-hunters?" I explained they are there to come (hope so?). And his reply was "but they announced a Greenpeace vs. whale-hunters gameplay!" What would I say?

A missions menu with no missions at all is not a very good choice. At least a few missions should have been there. That's not a problem, but a sign roll out came too fast?

And of course you can write some comments that are negative in constructive way, so that VSTEP knows that they need to fix that with next patch. But please keep those comments clean and non-angry.

That is the best advice!

The game is absolute 3 steps higher than SS2008, and even SS2008 was very good. Beautiful ships. Seeing the well developed game really does give the confidence everything will be fixed at the end of this year. VSTEP is an absolute king in making simulators. But the business to consumer translation is a job that has to loose its rough edges :-)

Pjotr and his men did a very good job! :2thumbs:

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2010, 20:17:49 »

Once again I go away to take a slight break from it all and I now know why both myself and others do what we do on this forum for free  ;D

It's very nice to see that there are people out there who do not complain ;D

Thanks for your kind words though guys, it is appreciated. Right, off to post in some technical support threads :)
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

mrmonk93

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2010, 04:37:53 »

Finally someone said something! People need to stop complaining. I havent bought SSE yet, im going to wait until everything is fixed. one thing i am not happy about that would honestly prevent me from buying it, is the videos i have seen with the wake, while the wake waves are more realistic, the churning of the props are not, but why am i complaining, when i hate people who complain and i dont own it yet.

Angelos

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2010, 16:52:32 »

Indeed it is kinda weird to buy for game with bugs and errors.

But think it this way, if VSTEP had delayed the release to fix all the bugs and errors, what would you (and other people) think about that? They and you would be really angry about that.
You can think this still as a delayed release, you'll get your game to work as planned later.
So, if you think this as a ''beta'' release of the game and think that you are helping VSTEP to sort out all the bugs and errors by reporting them, it doesn't feel so bad. Other option would be that you don't have any version of SSE in your computer currently. ;)

Hi there.

While in general terms I agree with the spirit of your proposals for calmest reactions, I must point out in relation with your worries for "what would you (and other people) think about that?", that when advertised, VSTEP didn't say anything for "bugs and errors" and didn't give us any choice to chose between a buggy "beta" version and a delay.

No. They advertised their product which we paid to obtain as a final version and not as a "beta".

Therefore, you shouldn't worry what our reaction would be if they have delayed the product, because that was never an option.
What you would say if in accordance with your suggestions, VSTEP has given the game to everyone for free and charge only who wanted the "final" version without the bugs?

Would that be reasonable?

Friendly Greetings
Angelos

FinlandUsername

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2010, 17:22:43 »

Hi there.

While in general terms I agree with the spirit of your proposals for calmest reactions, I must point out in relation with your worries for "what would you (and other people) think about that?", that when advertised, VSTEP didn't say anything for "bugs and errors" and didn't give us any choice to chose between a buggy "beta" version and a delay.

No. They advertised their product which we paid to obtain as a final version and not as a "beta".

Well, you don't sell your car by saying that it's just a wreck, huh? Seen any advertisement that tells you that there is something 'wrong' with the product? And why would VSTEP need to let us choose between 'buggy/now' and 'better/later' versions? If they would ask that before releasing SSE, I can say that people could just choose the now version.
And then we end into same thing we are now. ;)

Therefore, you shouldn't worry what our reaction would be if they have delayed the product, because that was never an option.
I think that delay was an option for VSTEP, but they decided to do what they feel is the best to do;
Release it now and fix it with patches later. ;)

What you would say if in accordance with your suggestions, VSTEP has given the game to everyone for free and charge only who wanted the "final" version without the bugs?

Would that be reasonable?

Friendly Greetings
Angelos
That is like giving out the hamburger without meat or anything in it and then charge about that meat, salad and  everything later? Stupid huh? :P

costalam

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2010, 17:48:45 »

SSE too bad...SHIP SIMULATOR 2008 BETTER THAN SSE :evil: :evil: :'(

Snakebyte92

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2010, 17:56:59 »

I want to say some good words too.(I doesn't count costalam....)

I received it today ;D And immediatly installed it. And it all worked :o.... Playing a greenpeace tutorial first. And it wasn't bad what I saw. The ships self have made a big improvement with SS 2008. Also the water effects are better(not perfect but really better). Ok, i'm not going to deny that everything is working fine.. But so far so good  :2thumbs:
It's not as bad as some people told. I really think SSE has a good chance in the future. But that needs time.

Good luck Vstep with improving SSE :2thumbs:

Who follows?? ;D  ???
Cadet Holland America Line

Angelos

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2010, 18:17:33 »

Well, you don't sell your car by saying that it's just a wreck, huh? Seen any advertisement that tells you that there is something 'wrong' with the product? And why would VSTEP need to let us choose between 'buggy/now' and 'better/later' versions? If they would ask that before releasing SSE, I can say that people could just choose the now version.
And then we end into same thing we are now. ;)
I think that delay was an option for VSTEP, but they decided to do what they feel is the best to do;
Release it now and fix it with patches later. ;)
That is like giving out the hamburger without meat or anything in it and then charge about that meat, salad and  everything later? Stupid huh? :P

Thanks for acknowledging how unreasonable your arguments were.
It seem that you try too hard to excuse VSTEP for the "hole in the water" they created with Extremes
that you missed the irony behind my words.

I strongly disagree with your arbitrary conclusion regarding to what the users would have chosen.
I really do not think that you or any else can talk "for all the users".

Since you accept as "fraud" the advertised product (wrecked car you called it) I don't get why you find the angry comments of the people who payed for that wrecked car as unjustified?

Therefore and while I was very careful to not offend anyone while expressing my opinion, what I find really stupid, is your persistence backing up this buggy product and their creators and asking the people who paid for that "wrecked car" (your words) to be calm.

I realize from the tone of your response, that your intention was probably to annoy people instead of calm down.

Angelos

costalam

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2010, 18:19:17 »

I want to say some good words too.(I doesn't count costalam....)

I received it today ;D And immediatly installed it. And it all worked :o.... Playing a greenpeace tutorial first. And it wasn't bad what I saw. The ships self have made a big improvement with SS 2008. Also the water effects are better(not perfect but really better). Ok, i'm not going to deny that everything is working fine.. But so far so good  :2thumbs:
It's not as bad as some people told. I really think SSE has a good chance in the future. But that needs time.

Good luck Vstep with improving SSE :2thumbs:

Who follows?? ;D  ???

i hope sse will better than ss08,but in this time sse have many many bugs~~~

taylor

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2010, 18:20:30 »

I agree.  Look at the game Rig N' Roll (a trucking sim)...that was delayed and delayed with amazing photos, and videos...then when it came out...Pfffft....not even the steering worked properly on the vehicles....the dynamics were all off, and it's a mess.  From what I've seen so far, the folks who did that sim, still haven't done anything to fix it and it's been out for a few months...so, I wait until I find some patches and upgrades for it, and in the mean time I have SS08, SSE, FSX, RailSimulator, and the venerable old MSTS to work on. 

That's another one, now that I think of it...MSTS was a wreck when it came out, and now there's so many add ons for it that you can't keep up with them all!

Things take time....errors need to be fixed, and not haphazardly either, because that might bring in a whole new set of problems that will really mess up the sim and take even more time.

If your game runs, then that's great...enjoy what you can and wait until the patches come out.  Heck, mine runs pretty well, but for some reason I can't seem to get into Sydney harbor from the Islands in the Pacific...the ship just sits there and spins in circles (about 100+ degrees per minute, then goes the other way, and even at full throttle, it goes in reverse  :doh:)....it's a bug...it'll get fixed in time, but that's the thing that the crew at VSTEP need...time.  They don't have a magic wand to wave over it, it's hundreds and hundreds of lines of code that have to be checked, re-written, or replaced...and none of them can cast a spell to fix it.

So, be patient....things will improve, but you have to give them the time to actually fix the problems.  Some of the problems that have been posted are because the computers aren't up to the task of the demands of the program, and little else.  Others are having problems because they never do maintenance on their systems, but expect it to run like it just came out of the box....that's not reality.  How do you think your car or bike or anything else would run if you never did any maintenance?

Jim

I waited 7 years for Rig N Roll and it is so disappointing.. I still can't believe 1C is alive.

FinlandUsername

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2010, 18:28:02 »

Thanks for acknowledging how unreasonable your arguments were.
It seem that you try too hard to excuse VSTEP for the "hole in the water" they created with Extremes
that you missed the irony behind my words.

I strongly disagree with your arbitrary conclusion regarding to what the users would have chosen.
I really do not think that you or any else can talk "for all the users".

Since you accept as "fraud" the advertised product (wrecked car you called it) I don't get why you find the angry comments of the people who payed for that wrecked car as unjustified?

Therefore and while I was very careful to not offend anyone while expressing my opinion, what I find really stupid, is your persistence backing up this buggy product and their creators and asking the people who paid for that "wrecked car" (your words) to be calm.

I realize from the tone of your response, that your intention was probably to annoy people instead of calm down.

Angelos

Well, yes I think I spoke too much, these are just what I think of, I'm not speaking 'for whole community'. ;)

And my wrecked car example was bad, but you'll get the point (I hope)

I'm not trying to annoy people, I'm just telling them to think before posting and also think how the VSTEP is still working on the patches for the game that you can in some day play SSE as you should. ;)

Also;
What would you think if the VSTEP had delayed the release instead of giving you this version of the game?

--tractorman--

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2010, 18:29:35 »

Chitch, you should get the biggest gold star, for once I have seen someone who has finally really understood how it goes, and how that everything needs time..

But instead have this

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines