Hello Guest April 20, 2024, 11:19:39 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: For everyone who has angry thoughts about SSE  (Read 14484 times)

maalle heitetty kippari

• Forum member
Re: For everyone who has angry thoughts about SSE
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2010, 18:36:10 »

I think SSE is very real :), it does not improve dramatically in my view ;)

AMD Phenom X4 965 4.1GHz BE. MSI 760GM-E51 (FX). XFX HD6870 1GB GDDR5. 6GB DDR3 1600MHz. Windows 7 64bit. ยะณิ ลามะเณ็ณ

Finn700

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2010, 18:42:25 »

I think SSE is very real :), it does not improve dramatically in my view ;)
In that case you'll be pleasantly surprised in few months time. :)

maalle heitetty kippari

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2010, 18:49:50 »

yes ;D

AMD Phenom X4 965 4.1GHz BE. MSI 760GM-E51 (FX). XFX HD6870 1GB GDDR5. 6GB DDR3 1600MHz. Windows 7 64bit. ยะณิ ลามะเณ็ณ

FinlandUsername

• Forum member
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2010, 18:54:45 »

It's nice that people from Finland loves SSE! ;D

maalle heitetty kippari

• Forum member
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2010, 18:55:57 »

yeah ;D

BILLARD

• Forum member
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2010, 19:12:09 »

Hello,

Information:
From simmarket, the game is corrupt. Many parts are lost.
You receive a key but it is impossible to go to the key fonction.
I wait help from vstep team because simmarket dont reply.
I am patient but i have a question:
If i bring you the bill from simmarket, is it possible to try a zip from vstep?

Sorry for english and best regards from Ouistreham

J Billard

johnusmc

• Forum member
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2010, 21:35:22 »

:2thumbs: :)    Downloaded 2 days ago and have been sailing for 2 days; deckhand (wife) not sure about what I'm doing alone in my command center.
Now down to business.
1 some bugs so far; expected with new software put out by any company. Acceptable.
2 vstep always come through eventually. This has something to do with your patience-quota. Mines high at my time of life. Good things take time.
3 overall Exremes is the best of the litter. DDT the bugs and it will rate a ***** from me.
3 my tug will not reverse. must go forward the entire mission and this has brouhgt out my genious. <G>

Angelos

• Forum member
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2010, 23:05:02 »

Well, yes I think I spoke too much, these are just what I think of, I'm not speaking 'for whole community'. ;)

And my wrecked car example was bad, but you'll get the point (I hope)

I'm not trying to annoy people, I'm just telling them to think before posting and also think how the VSTEP is still working on the patches for the game that you can in some day play SSE as you should. ;)

Also;
What would you think if the VSTEP had delayed the release instead of giving you this version of the game?

In this case, I would appreciate if VSTEP (which myself and others supported during their growing up by buying their products) have faithfully informed us (even after the purchase for not destroying their image) that they "know that their product might need improvements and they will soon take any necessary steps on this direction, in order to perform as anticipated".

That would be a straightforward attitude to ourselves.

By not doing anything similar to that, they appear as collecting the money for their advertised product which many claim to be under performant, and without giving any guarantee that they will fix their bugs.

If you observe, you might understand that whatever I propose here or previously is only intended to help avoiding everyone to become angry, in accordance with the topic.

In general, I do not appreciate decisions made by others in accordance with their profit, on behalf of myself.
Therefore, another option would be to initiate a poll on their site and let the people actually decide if they wanted the buggy version NOW or wait for bug fixes and DELAY.

As I said on my first reply to you, I agree that people should be patient and remain calm in general terms.
I myself, found a solution to the under performance of the game by updating my graphics card drivers with the newer ones which thankfully Dell issued on August 25th and I have missed until now.

Therefore and concluding, I wish to say that the solution I was fortunate to find might not be available for everyone who has performance issues. I trust that VSTEP will come with a appropriate solution as soon as possible.

That doesn't relieve the frustration so many users expressed however.

Thanks
Angelos

Chitch

• Forum member
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2010, 23:10:50 »

In that case you'll be pleasantly surprised in few months time. :)

Sounds like a hint at some Top Secret Insider Info there....care to share what you know with us???

Jim

sean2e5

• Forum member
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2010, 23:31:54 »

And also, you might wanna know this:
VSTEP had two choices with the release of SSE:
 1.Delay the release day and release the SSE without so many bugs and errors
    (If they had done that people will be angry because they get the game later than planned)
 2.Release the game in 27th of August with couple bugs that will be fixed later with couple patches
    (People got angry because of all the bugs and errors)

I think maybe delaying the game might have been a better option. There are a lot of angry people out there still. I was checking websites with reviews and everyone was giving this game 1 star because it didn't work and that will put a lot of put people off buying it completely or for another while. Its made the game look bad when in fact its a great game. Hopefully those who have given it bad reviews or have not bothered buying it check back soon and see that the problems are now fixed and Steam and Vstetp will continue to fix bugs and glitches.
ONLINE NAME      ZENARCHER

mvsmith

« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2010, 00:06:15 »

I doubt that VSTEP had the option of delaying the release, having committed to an unrealistic release date with the publisher Paradox.
The publisher, in turn, must make commitments such as reserving pressing plant capacity, etc. The cost of delaying the release could be unacceptably high.

A-Ron

• Forum member
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2010, 01:36:49 »

Here's an idea.  Post a release date that you can stick to.  One far enough in advance to fix bugs before its released. Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.  Something every ship captain knows.

I think a more honest name for this program would be something like "Ship Game" or "Ship-like Simulator".  In a sim you would be doing things like monitoring engine guages and hydraulic pressures and actually commanding the ship AND its operations.  VStep should to take a look at X-Plane or at least MS Flight Simulator.  Put it this way, in a sim, if you can operate it on the computer, you should have a good chance at operating the craft successfully in life.  A throttle and steering wheel just doesnt add up to the level of "Simulator". SSE has beautiful water.  Not worth 50 or 60 bones US.  The best flight sim on the market is 29 bucks! and its amazingly accurate according to this pilot.

VSTEP! Look at X-Plane for inspiration.  SSE is a decent start, keep it up!

mvsmith

« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2010, 01:58:46 »

The hard fact about any complex software project is that it is not possible to know when it can be released until it is ready to be released.
However, there are usually strong pressures on the developer to come up with a date. The cries of impatient kiddies can, should, be ignored just as parents become inured to “Are we there yet?”
Demands from a publisher are another matter. They must be given and met.

Entirely bug-free releases occur about as often as immaculate conceptions. In the present case, the situation was greatly exacerbated by the unforgivable foul-up with STEAM. Although there was little that VSTEP could do about that situation after it developed, it was the responsibility of someone at VSTEP to see that it never developed.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 02:01:15 by mvsmith »

Capt L.Henry

• Forum member
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2010, 02:01:06 »

Hi Finland User!

I just wanted to say i think this is a very nice thing for you to do/ bring up! i know everyone has been anxious as have i for SSE and people need to realize its not there fault. they've all done their best on making this game great and of course theres a few other things that have to be done to fix the minor problems and some people need to update things on their cpus i myself actually need a little better graphics card. my cpu runs the game pretty well but its not up to optimum like id like it to be. Also people need to realize that the game came out last week. they need to time to hear the comments and or problems and need time to come up with solutions! rome wasnt built in a day. so people please be paitient! and before you start complaining and writing ANGRY TEXT IN CAPITAL LETTERS!(like this) make sure your computer is not to blame. because id sure hate to have someone complain about a whole bunch of stuff and saying their computer is the best etc. and then they attach their DXDIAG and turn out to be way below the minimum specs for the game!

sincerely,
Captain Lance Henry
Ferry Boat Deckhand
Crew Boat Deckhand/ Assitant captain
USS Potomac Docent/Deckhand

itgl72

• Forum member
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2010, 03:47:11 »

For people whose game runs slowly and has bad graphics;
Calm down! It might be your own computer that causes these problems not the game. I have seen a lot of nice screens of SSE which has awesome graphics, also there is a screens with less awesome graphics, but that is caused by the computer being a little underpowered for SSE.

I'm not a computer noob. I've been tinkering and building PC's for over 10 years. The fact is, I paid $50 dollars for  a piece of software. That earns me the right to express my feelings and the results of use of the software. I am calm, but don't need someone to tell me to be calm when I'm simply reporting the results of the product.

It is my right to post, and report what is happening. The fact is, SSE is not completely ready. I would whole heartedly been happy to wait 2 months or more for a piece of software to be released and working efficiently upon arrival.

Please do not talk down to people with legitimate issues.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 03:48:44 by itgl72 »

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2010, 04:18:42 »

3 my tug will not reverse. must go forward the entire mission and this has brouhgt out my genious. <G>
If you mean the Bugsier, she has no reverse..To go backwards you must turn the azipods.. :)

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2010, 05:04:51 »

Also the customers could be "blame" in this "sickness" of modern acting and thinking. I think this is very closely connected with that many persons will always buy the latest and newest, and in the hunting of that we even buy half finished products. Companies always try to come up with newest in shortest time, and we rush to buy it. And in computer software more and more persons accept that the product they buy will have some errors inside of it which will be fixed in the future. I will name it a sickness, and the customers have the same part of it as the companies, we have the choice to not buy the product until it is ready and fixed, or asking for our money back if the product(this time a game), do not work properly. Another example of  a program which also have many bugs are Windows(operating system), office products, the list could be long. And I have accepted this also, stupid as I am.

So why should we just accept that computer software products are never 100% complete when we buy them?
As far as I know so is there no other products we accept that with. You do not go to restaurant and order a meal and then got the meat. When you start to complain, you are told that the potatoes will come next week and the saus will come next years. Who sit back and start to eat the meat and are happy with that solutions. Or a car where doors come next week and lights some other time. And the car producer released the car so the customers could help them to find if there is any bugs with it, and the customers could help them with how they should connect the radio.

Hopefully can more protest and that more persons do not accept this can make a change.

Sorry wiqvist, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
If you cannot show respect, and keep acting like a troll, then you're not allowed to po

itgl72

• Forum member
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2010, 05:10:26 »

No product should ever be released to the public with out being fully tested, and working to an acceptable level. If it is, do not complain if consumers exercise their right to express their displeasure.

Look, I love SS, I really do. It has a special place for me. But, I expect the product to work. I assume it will in time but would have rather seen delays in release thank allow it to hit market non finished.

Denis

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2010, 05:33:20 »

So why should we just accept that computer software products are never 100% complete when we buy them?
As far as I know so is there no other products we accept that with.

Unfortunately, I believe the fact that if this phenomenom was indeed originally "invented" with computer software, it has now reached a global level .... As most of the products we buy do contain software.

Amongst other example, I can give you several product, that are not computer software, but do contain software :

- Iphone v4 and the "non working antenna" thing,
- DVD/Blue ray players : I bought one recently, plugged it (with LAN connection), before beeing able to read my first blue ray disc, it downloaded 4 updates from internet,
- in a not computer related thing : I own a RHIB - rigid hull inflatable boat -, with an Evinrude ETEC 2 strokes outboard motor. I had a fail with the engine (I've been lucky, I was on a river, not in open sea) : the engine went into a fail safe (ah,ah,ah) mode, only run at very low rpm. There was no way to cancel the fail safe mode, I had to go back to the shop where I bought the motor. The guy told me it was a bug of the firmware release of the engine, and he upgraded my firmware, never had the same problem again after ...
- my boat engine example can be applied to cars, too. Never heard about the embedeed computers on car with epic fais ?!

Those examples are not here to justify the fact things are like this now. They just show everything works like this ...

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2010, 05:41:59 »

Denis, you are completely right about that. Sorry, my brain was a bit slow this time. And yes, the examples you brougth up are just more examples that customers have to complain, there are not many reasons for accepting this things.

There are for sure also producers who work with selling half finished products so the customers should pay for the fixing. But that is another thing.

Sorry wiqvist, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
If you cannot show respect, and keep acting like a troll, then you're not allowed to po

VirtualSkipper

• Forum member
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2010, 06:12:55 »

I just REALLY would like to have most of the ports more detailed. That kind of disappointed me in SSE  :(
"There is a plaque laid next to the remnants of the Titanic which reads, "Only Chuck Norris is unsinkable"
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines