Hello Guest April 26, 2024, 17:49:21 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Diabolical Fiasco  (Read 16078 times)

cherbert

• Forum member
Diabolical Fiasco
« on: August 28, 2010, 19:44:52 »

People on Steam Forums can't get it working. People on the V-Step tech support forums can't get it working. Posted videos on Youtube look like some cruddy Alpha version. I really wish I hadn't bought this game and I haven't even got it working yet!

If I had released a program in this state in my job I would have been sacked.

Ever heard of Open Beta? Next time you might consider it. This game in no way shape or form deserves to be released. Recall it - gather your troops and set a new release date.

So many posts of people who can't get past the QuestViewer.exe crash. Not even a curtsey response from anyone that its being looked into.

If the CD Key fiasco wasn't enough to ruin their reputation the game just simply doesn't work.

Shocking.

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
Re: Diabolical Fiasco
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 19:55:35 »

I think the best that can be done is, STEAM fix it their end.
And VSTEP release a patch to adrress the many errors.

I dont like the idea of a total recall  :-\

cherbert

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 19:57:41 »

I think the best that can be done is, STEAM fix it their end.
And VSTEP release a patch to adrress the many errors.

I dont like the idea of a total recall  :-\

Steam problems are no more. Progressed on a bit now. Game simply crashing on load.

Thankfully Steam have rectified their **** up.

Edited for language - Fred
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 05:33:57 by Mad_Fred »

gibby12

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 20:00:54 »

now tht the problems are fixed i got my sterio system cranked up all the way listeniing to the Final countdown i love this song

Biggles1975

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 20:19:49 »

This seems to be quite a common problem with simulator releases. FSX, Silent Hunter 5, Railworks and now ship sim. All of thease games were released before they were finished. All of thease games got bashed because the pubisher pushed them out before they were fully ready. All of thease games needed patches to fix them and some are going to get more patches because they are still not right. The market for simulators is quite small compeared to other types of games so you would think they would want to keep their customers happy. And on top of all thease problems you have all those awful german games coming out with simulator in the title.

Finn700

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 21:06:23 »

After crash and after crash, I got it working by installing newest video drivers, so it seem's to be very delicate piece of software at this moment.
Check you're using latest drivers on any device (video, sound card etc) and to help the system to cope the incoming, you can lower your screen resolution for example 1024x768 for a while when you're starting up. This sounds silly even to me, but it just could do it.

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 21:43:18 »

This seems to be quite a common problem with simulator releases. FSX, Silent Hunter 5, Railworks and now ship sim. All of thease games were released before they were finished. All of thease games got bashed because the pubisher pushed them out before they were fully ready. All of thease games needed patches to fix them and some are going to get more patches because they are still not right. The market for simulators is quite small compeared to other types of games so you would think they would want to keep their customers happy. And on top of all thease problems you have all those awful german games coming out with simulator in the title.

I think you've summed it up very well there...I agree with you totally.

SS08 was similar when it came out with its problems...I just hope that SSE will have its problems rectified too.

Jack.
Kind Regards,
Jack.

david payne

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2010, 00:22:01 »

HEY them german simulators are pritty good well at least farmer simulator is !!!

Biggles1975

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2010, 00:30:35 »

The ones made by Gaints are pretty good  :thumbs:. But there are some that are awful aswell.

david payne

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2010, 00:36:51 »

The ones made by Gaints are pretty good  :thumbs:. But there are some that are awful aswell.

some arnt even simylators !! there just fake

Denis

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2010, 18:41:10 »

Hi Biggles,

I don't know from who the pressure is the higher, beetween publishers ... and customers.

I mean, come one, okay there are still things that need to be sorted out in Ship Sim Extremes. But can you imagine how people would have complained, if VSTEP had announced last friday "sorry guys, we finally don't release the game today, you'll have to wait 2 weeks/months before beeing able to play" ?

Okay, some things have to be fixed, and will certainly. But the game is still playable, with much entertainement, for most of the customers.

to Cherbert : the youtube video you mentionned was exactly what you said : a cruddy alpha version, that a cracker team released as the final game. It's obviously not true, and it should let you see how much the game has been improved, beetween this alpha release, and the actual official release. You can easily verify this : the release on the youtube video doesn't even have the depth display, which is a proof it's an early beta version.

Biggles1975

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2010, 19:10:54 »

One thing I will add at least Vstep is quicker that trying to sort out problems than alot of companys. Already a patch is on the way all going to plan by the end of the week that should slove some of the problems and I don't think it'll be too long before they sort out the rest.

Denis your right i'm sure Vstep would of got bashed if they said they needed to delay the game Vstep just can't win here. But like I said it seems to be a common problem with simulator releases.

Vstep will now have a very busy week trying to sort out this mess trying to work out what are bugs, who just needs to make a small adjustment to graphic settings and who just brought the game with a computer that can not run it. It is Vsteps rep on the line here and I don't think they will want it ruined by this. Just look at it this way things can't get any worse so they can only get better.

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2010, 19:57:33 »

SSE 2010 is in its teething troubles now, but it will reach the stage of maturity about some time!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 21:34:11 by MokMok »

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2010, 21:32:04 »

Well, I'm sorry but developers should not be pushed into unrealistic dates by publishers.

Is 08 ever going to have its bugs sorted??  ;)
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

cherbert

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2010, 21:42:38 »

I've requested a refund with Steam. I'm not buying into the rubbish. Next time I suggest V-Step do some proper beta testing with a wider audience.

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2010, 22:09:44 »

I've requested a refund with Steam. I'm not buying into the rubbish. Next time I suggest V-Step do some proper beta testing with a wider audience.
They DID go through beta, it's just that some new members are very impatient. As it has been said, the game is absolutely playable, and undoubtedly infinitely improved over how it was prior to quality assurance testing.

The problem is the position that VSTEP is placed in by the more impatient of its customers, especially new mebers: They either take flak for delaying the game while they place more bug fixes, or they take flak for said bugs, which they could have sorted out if they were given more time. They went with the latter, as the game, as has been said before, is fully playable with what is likely far fewer bugs than beta, and the currently existing bugs can and will be fixed with time.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 22:12:15 by RMS Gigantic »

pdpx7

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2010, 22:19:09 »

People who registered on august 27 obviously don't have the knowledge that the Ship Simulator series is worth the wait and bugs. Also stop complaining about Steam. If you had bought it from V-step, maybe you would not running into so many problems. Before I made this forum account I owned SS2008 and had another one so I know that SS is worth waiting for.

Buzinga!

pdpx7

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2010, 22:20:58 »

V-Step is also not Microsoft. They don't employ a million people.

Buzinga!

cherbert

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2010, 22:21:58 »

They DID go through beta, it's just that some new members are very impatient. As it has been said, the game is absolutely playable, and undoubtedly infinitely improved over how it was prior to quality assurance testing.

The problem is the position that VSTEP is placed in by the more impatient of its customers, especially new mebers: They either take flak for delaying the game while they place more bug fixes, or they take flak for said bugs, which they could have sorted out if they were given more time. They went with the latter, as the game, as has been said before, is fully playable with what is likely far fewer bugs than beta, and the currently existing bugs can and will be fixed with time.

I applaud you for obviously being a long term supporter and loyal fan of V-Step. However, none of what you have said is any excuse for quite possibly the worst release cock-up in gaming history. Has to be in the top 5 at least.

I certainly have never experienced such a let down not only trying to get a game working but trying to obtain technical support.

And far be it from me to not believe your praise - but the majority of comments I have seen indicate this game should never have been released its so full of bugs. I don't care if a patch is on its way. I'll give it a year and pick it up in the bargain bin thank you very much.

pdpx7

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2010, 22:25:15 »

I applaud you for obviously being a long term supporter and loyal fan of V-Step. However, none of what you have said is any excuse for quite possibly the worst release cock-up in gaming history. Has to be in the top 5 at least.

I certainly have never experienced such a let down not only trying to get a game working but trying to obtain technical support.

And far be it from me to not believe your praise - but the majority of comments I have seen indicate this game should never have been released its so full of bugs. I don't care if a patch is on its way. I'll give it a year and pick it up in the bargain bin thank you very much.

You have NO RESPECT for V-Step. :thumbdown:

Buzinga!

cherbert

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2010, 22:27:31 »

You have NO RESPECT for V-Step. :thumbdown:

Have they earnt it?

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2010, 22:28:10 »

Ok, if you don't want to accept that the problems are slowly being ironed out and will be fixed that's ok.
We shall see you in a years time :thumbs:
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 22:30:05 by Matthew Brown »

pdpx7

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2010, 22:32:31 »

@cherbert You have not earned the forums respect. Look at the previous games. Look at the far well Ship Sim 2008 topic in the Ship Simulator 2008 forum. People like this game and are patiently waiting for an update.

Buzinga!

sonarman

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2010, 22:36:14 »

This is not just VStep or even Paradox this is an industry wide problem as users of Silent Hunter 5 will definitely tell you. The problem is that the publisher sets a schedule for marketing on what they and the developer have as an estimate on project completion this is done many many months in advance. If the project is not finished/ full of bugs by that date it is shipped anyway in whatever state it is in. And things are fixed after release, thank God real planes & ships are not made that way! That's why the v1.1 patch contained so many things that should have been on the DVD disc in the first place. I only hope that this poor launch will not effect Ship simulator in the way it has affect Silent Hunter ie. the probable termination of the series.

I do think it's a shame that a smaller publisher like Paradox who I had a great respect for has fallen in line with the shoddy way the industry giants Steam/Ubi/EA treat their customers. 
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 22:43:30 by sonarman »

pdpx7

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2010, 22:39:26 »

I'm not saying that the game is perfect, I'm saying wait for an update that will fix problems. I'm also not saying there is no problems I had some myself.

Buzinga!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines