Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 20:34:58 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Bug Fix List  (Read 48771 times)

Capt L.Henry

• Forum member
Re: Bug Fix List
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2010, 09:02:28 »

Missions are very very buggy did anybody test these before launch?
Smoke is missing!! and no bouys!! put this water in ss08 and sell it for 60$ would have been better sorry to sound crappy but thats really the only better thing the water effects and bigger waves. the RHIBs reverse is backwards reverse throttle left turns you left..wrong!! the ships work correctly though soo many bugs missions are almost impossible..please patch soon

u know im happy you brought up the RHIBS controls. because i thought i was loosing my mind earlier when i love tapped the heck out of the Agile in a mission because i went to twin screw the RHIB into something and ended up having the bow spin the wrong direction! not cool
Captain Lance Henry
Ferry Boat Deckhand
Crew Boat Deckhand/ Assitant captain
USS Potomac Docent/Deckhand

Capt L.Henry

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2010, 09:06:04 »

u know im happy you brought up the RHIBS controls. because i thought i was loosing my mind earlier when i love tapped the heck out of the Agile in a mission because i went to twin screw the RHIB into something and ended up having the bow spin the wrong direction! not cool

actually sorry this is now an edit! i of all people should have known better. i think the rhibs have two engines correct..

so technically you are wrong. if u reverse the port engine your bow should turn left. the rule of thumb w twin screw vessels is which ever engine you have in astern the bow should go that way. so port engine in astern should swing your bow left. i had the POR twin screwing earlier from its home dock then kicked both astern and was blown terribly down to one side of the channel and when i tried to pull my bow over to port w one engine in astern(the port one) the stern swung left and the bow kicked right.. needless to say i crashed into the dock
Captain Lance Henry
Ferry Boat Deckhand

J3nsen

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2010, 16:46:23 »

Pride Of Rotteredam

- Texture are weird on the stairs!
- The windows is wrong!
- No smoke
- Side Bridge panels have no controllers
- The motor sound is weird!

Finn700

• Forum member
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2010, 17:11:57 »

The map is missing the transparency slider from SS08. When sim is in night and you're in dark room, all you see it the bright map thus destroying your night vision.

Keyboard precision steering isn't no precise: One short tap and it usually turns the controls around 10 degrees.

TNeves

• Forum member
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2010, 23:06:07 »

About loading saved missions, in the previous SS08, we had the possibility of deleting those missions, and knowing which ones were done. I miss that functionality, since I usually use the save button. This is not really a bug, more a missed function.

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2010, 23:48:00 »

Ahoy TNeves,
As far as I know, the missions you've done are marked with an asterix in the mission list. That I know for sure only for the Sigita Missions.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About the Sigita Missions I found a graphic bug (except that the life-boat is missing, ther's even no hook on the crane).
When there are more then one player ships involved in the Sigita Missions (name of that particulair mission is Meet and Greet) only the vessel you start that mission with appears to have a wake, wash and bow-splash. The second Sigita has only the bow-splash.
See Attachements.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 23:49:50 by Aad The Pirate »
Feel free to have a look @: http://members.chello.nl/a.vermeulen14/

TNeves

• Forum member
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2010, 00:01:37 »

Ahoy TNeves,
As far as I know, the missions you've done are marked with an asterix in the mission list. That I know for sure only for the Sigita Missions.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About the Sigita Missions I found a graphic bug (except that the life-boat is missing, ther's even no hook on the crane).
When there are more then one player ships involved in the Sigita Missions (name of that particulair mission is Meet and Greet) only the vessel you start that mission with appears to have a wake, wash and bow-splash. The second Sigita has only the bow-splash.
See Attachements.

I am talking about the load missions menu, the ones that you saved. :thumbs:

coryt415

• Forum member
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2010, 03:13:54 »

actually sorry this is now an edit! i of all people should have known better. i think the rhibs have two engines correct..

so technically you are wrong. if u reverse the port engine your bow should turn left. the rule of thumb w twin screw vessels is which ever engine you have in astern the bow should go that way. so port engine in astern should swing your bow left. i had the POR twin screwing earlier from its home dock then kicked both astern and was blown terribly down to one side of the channel and when i tried to pull my bow over to port w one engine in astern(the port one) the stern swung left and the bow kicked right.. needless to say i crashed into the dock

naw im talking both screws reverse is backwards full reverse turning port should swing bow starboard

Jaw

• Forum member
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2010, 10:57:46 »

To add to the Pride of Rotterdam-list: The ship reacts heavily to rudder positions when going astern which is not realistic and which was not the case in SS08. (I haven't yet tried to test the other vessels).

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2010, 12:11:22 »

Weird walkthrough problem on the Vermaas...

Just at the back of the bridge, when walking down, the second set of stairs won't allow me past the bottom.

The first pic shows the area behind the bridge that i'm talking about. The second one shows the problem :)
Kind Regards,
Jack.

Mr.Alexandersson

• Forum member
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2010, 12:26:44 »

Don't know if any of this stuff has been brought up yet.

1. Saved a mission with Pride Of Rotterdam on Dover, when loading it the next time the weather settings had been  reset.

2. When driving the Red Jet on Dover with maximum waves, it would sometimes get stuck in a wave and turn 90 degrees.

3. This is not a bug (well maybe) but the charts are not very detailed in regard to water-depth, for example at Calais and Padstow, You think you can drive somewhere, but it ends up being 1m deep (but not on the chart).

4. When doing Free Roaming and selecting where you want to start (place your ship) you are able to place the ship where the water is not deep enough, ending up with a ship standing on land and you have to restart the mission, why not hide the places where your ship can't go ?

mvsmith

« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2010, 13:39:15 »

Don't know if any of this stuff has been brought up yet.
2. When driving the Red Jet on Dover with maximum waves, it would sometimes get stuck in a wave and turn 90 degrees.

Remember that jet powered boats loose steering when their sterns are out of the water.
For smaller craft in high sea states, realistic behavior can include capsizing or pitch-poling followed by sinking.

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2010, 16:54:21 »

I am talking about the load missions menu, the ones that you saved. :thumbs:
Prior to choose the load missions menu, have a look at the missions select screen.
There you can see which missions are completed.
I read the manual (pdf, so not in-game to consult, unless you've printed the pdf file) and could not find where those saved mission are stored on my, and your machine. That makes it extremely difficult to delete those missions, except by deleting all of your user data.
Kind Regards
Aad.
PS
I contacted VSTEP about the printed manual and got a reply which say in short: Because the game manual was in six languages the publishers decided to made only one kind of manual, the English one.

TNeves

• Forum member
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2010, 16:59:56 »

Prior to choose the load missions menu, have a look at the missions select screen.
There you can see which missions are completed.
I read the manual (pdf, so not in-game to consult, unless you've printed the pdf file) and could not find where those saved mission are stored on my, and your machine. That makes it extremely difficult to delete those missions, except by deleting all of your user data.
Kind Regards
Aad.
PS
I contacted VSTEP about the printed manual and got a reply which say in short: Because the game manual was in six languages the publishers decided to made only one kind of manual, the English one.

Yes, that I know, but in the future, if we have very campaign missions, it will be more easy to know that that saved mission is completed, than searching for it. :thumbs:

You can delete the missions in your computer, just have to go to Documents/ShipSimExtremes Userdata/profiles/[your_user_name]/SaveGames (windows 7). This option in SS08 was made easily in game.

Capt L.Henry

• Forum member
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2010, 23:10:52 »

naw im talking both screws reverse is backwards full reverse turning port should swing bow starboard

yea your right you have a point
Captain Lance Henry
Ferry Boat Deckhand

jfail

• Forum member
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2010, 19:58:47 »

I have encountered a number of bugs in the program.  Many of the previously described bugs appear as well as some I have found.  I selected Free Roaming, Cutter (I hate the Coast Guard logo created by Vstep since I am retired from the U.S. Coast Guard), Port Of Rotterdam and departed the dock.  I encountered several vessels in the channel, none of them showed on the Radar display.  In one case a greenpeace ship passed me floating about 40 feet in the air.  After manuvering a few channels I decided to exit the program.  It was locked up and would not allow me out.  I exited using the Windows 7 task manager (which said shipsim was not responding).  I never had any of these problems with SS08.

I feel like we were charged $52.00 (USD) for the priviledge of beta testing this program.  SS08 was much better.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 20:46:15 by jfail »
John
U.S. Coast Guard (Retired 1977)

v.h94

• Beta Tester
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2010, 21:38:25 »

If it heaven been said before Freedom 90 has wrong navigation lights, she has same as a motor powerd ship not the lights a hovercraft uses.

This is probeably pretty easy to fix. :)

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2010, 21:56:24 »

Ahoy Ship(sim) mates,
I sadly have to announce that due to global warming Marseille is flooded.  :evil:
But seriously: That, see attachment, can't be normal
First time I tried to sail, in free roaming, in Marseille channel I saw that the water level was rised to an extremly hig level.
Or it's a bug in the game, or there is something weird happening tothe graphics.
The simulator  for itself runs smoother than SS 08. So, I'm almost sure it's not a glitch from my graphic card.
I attach my DXDIAG too.
Kind regards and any help would gracefull appreciated
Aad the Pirate

BTW this happened in Free Roaming the very moment I got view of my boat and Marseille. Nothing like Marty thought here:
http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,20128.msg281958.html#msg281958

« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 15:35:35 by Aad The Pirate »

PoRL

• Forum member
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2010, 14:57:44 »

Another problem is that The Rainbow Warrior seems to be showing the wrong running lights for "underway". There are port, starboard and stern lights, but no masthead lights (yes, I know she has sails, but the engine's running which makes her a motor vessel!).

A quick look, and the towing lights seem to be wrong as well (no yellow light above the stern light)

Oh, and there's no day-shape either (inverted cone)! ;)

That's all I've got up to so far!
On my boat, the crew's job is to make the skipper look good!

REXXX

• Forum member
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2010, 15:45:33 »

I have so more bugs to.

Some scenery not loading(bora bora), horns are not relalistic, water dynamics are not right around the ship, and when you also rotate around the ship the engine noise just stops..... Vstep this is rediculous.....

Tomaten

• Custom Mission Managers
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2010, 17:29:00 »

Ahoy Ship(sim) mates,
I'm sadly have to announce that due to global warming Marseille is flooded.  :evil:
But seriously: That, see attachment, can't be normal
First time I tried to sail, in free roaming, in Marseille channel I saw that the water level was rised to an extremly hig level.
Or it's a bug in the game, or there is something weird happening tothe graphics.
The simulator  for itself runs smoother than SS 08. So, I'm almost sure it's not a glitch from my graphic card.
I attach my DXDIAG too.
Kind regards and any help would gracefull appreciated
Aad the Pirate

Interesting problem ;D

I haven't seen anything like it when I've been in Marseille!
We're the cool group  8)
Tuuuuuuut Tuuuuuuuuuut!
Also known as Tomaten 2006 from the old Ship Simulator 2006 forum.[/c

mvsmith

« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2010, 17:50:30 »

I’ve seen the same flooding problem in other environments sometimes when a mission is restarted using that option after Pause or ESC.
Try exiting the mission completely and starting it again. If that does not cure it, try restarting the computer.

jfail

• Forum member
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2010, 18:48:03 »

Maybe I am doing something wrong but I am getting very frustrated with SSE. 

I select Play > Free Roaming > Cutter > San Francisco > Select a position outside the Golden Gate > Select Preset Windy > Change weather to NW, Gale (screen view changes to pretty rough seas as I wanted) > Sept 5 2010 13:05 > Play

The sea is nice and calm completely unlike what was selected in the weather section.  The wind indicator on the lower left shows no wind at all.

As I said previously we have been charged what I consider a pricey amount so that we can beta test the SSE for Vstep.
John
U.S. Coast Guard (Retired 1977)

Dooberry

• Forum member
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2010, 21:44:01 »

Hi,

Ok not sure if suggested before but here goes:

1. More realistic looking trees, instead of the old half life engine looking ones.

2. While using the steam version of the game, in advance graphic options to put the option for the realistic 3d wave wake, as there isnt one in options but the pdf manual included shows a different option.

3. The water doesn't quite look as reflective as it should.

4. The horns seem to cut of dead when releasing the button instead of fading out as im sure they did in previous versions.

5. Radio chatter was a good bonus in previous releases and should have remained inside the cockpit for added realism.

6. The lights look a tad too fake, maybe a touch up on these to make them a bit more convincing?

7. The game should look more on the lines of what the images indicate on the loading screens ;)

I know i may have been anal on some things but i'm sure these should have been addressed at development stage especially when we are now at a stage where looking realistic is most acheivable for this type of software.

Regards.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 21:47:55 by Dooberry »

mvsmith

« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2010, 23:50:53 »

Hi jfail,

SSE can have two sea states in an environment: An open sea one and one for harbors. You can see the transition in Dover, Padstow, and Marseilles because these environments have large areas of open sea.
Environments that are principally harbors do not have a “sea” area; the waves are capped at a mild chop. This includes SF, NY, R’dam, and HBG.
Regards,
Marty
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines