Hello Guest April 25, 2024, 07:19:39 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Ship Simulator Extremes Very Slow  (Read 36670 times)

cgarfield

• Forum member
Re: Ship Simulator Extremes Very Slow
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2010, 02:32:23 »

ok let go over my list so far ::)
Procceser.
Graphics card
Anything else?

You would also have to look at the Speed and type of both your memory (RAM) and your HD speeds.  My System has a real good processor, but the choke point for me is my matched set of 800Mhz memory.  It can make a big difference.   Hard drive speed is a big deal also.  Moving up from a 5400rpm drive to a 7200 or even a 10K drive will yeild a noticable difference....

gibby12

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2010, 02:35:03 »

oh yeah  i have a 2.2GHZ Procceser with 2 CPUs is tht to low shouldnt it clock to like a 4.1 or something like tht and i ran very low FPS on ss08  i mean VERY low  

You would also have to look at the Speed and type of both your memory (RAM) and your HD speeds.  My System has a real good processor, but the choke point for me is my matched set of 800Mhz memory.  It can make a big difference.   Hard drive speed is a big deal also.  Moving up from a 5400rpm drive to a 7200 or even a 10K drive will yeild a noticable difference....

so ill have to get  a new hardrive? might as well get a new kicka$$ PC but that might cost to much i dont know and  how do  i look at the speed of my RAM and stuff like that?

cgarfield

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2010, 02:39:00 »

:thumbs: i have the same system, tho i have upgraded to vista 32, 8gigs of ram and dual 250gts's and stuffed in a TB drive just for games.
i get SSE running nicely maxed out at 1920x1200 on my dell widescreen...

Nice!  Where you are beating me is you have double the RAM and you have a newer set of cards than I do.  What I may do is update the graphics cards on mine.  The problem is I am running a 750 watt PSU.  I have a 1K Watt PSU but it is a bitch to pull everything apart, especially the H2C unit.  I know because originally my system was a Dell XPS-710.  Dell sent me the update kit which included the H2C.  It was 8 hours from start to finish to swap out the motherboard and add all of the other stuff.  If I add newer cards I will  have to put in the beefier PSU...

cgarfield

• Forum member
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2010, 02:41:18 »

oh yeah  i have a 2.2GHZ Procceser with 2 CPUs is tht to low shouldnt it clock to like a 4.1 or something like tht and i ran very low FPS on ss08  i mean VERY low  

so ill have to get  a new hardrive? might as well get a new kicka$$ PC but that might cost to much i dont know and  how do  i look at the speed of my RAM and stuff like that?

You should be able to google the make and model of your hard drives and RAM.  If you go into device manager you should be able to find out some info.  If your system is a turn-key system, go out to the manufacturer's site, and they should have all of the info that you need.

gibby12

• Forum member
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2010, 02:44:28 »

hmm while yo ere posting tht i made  discovery well kinda i called my friend up and he knows a dude tht can get me all i need for like 100$ and i figured out its the same guy who helped me get a virus of my PC HA HA so i just need to print out the specs i need and he can do it all for me for like 100$ i just hope he dont jack up my memory and delete every thing

cgarfield

• Forum member
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2010, 02:47:10 »

It depends on the type of Proc and the motherboard.  You need both to be able to overclock.  Some Intel processors are locked at their rates.  The Extreme series is not and therefor o/c'able.  As far as the RAM goes, again you need to find out what your mother board will allow you to use.  Hard Drive can be upgraded regardless of the motherboard type, usually.  Same with the Graphics card,  Those would probably be a good place to start, especailly the graphics card...

cgarfield

• Forum member
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2010, 02:48:41 »

hmm while yo ere posting tht i made  discovery well kinda i called my friend up and he knows a dude tht can get me all i need for like 100$ and i figured out its the same guy who helped me get a virus of my PC HA HA so i just need to print out the specs i need and he can do it all for me for like 100$ i just hope he dont jack up my memory and delete every thing

If he is replacing the hard drive you just need to copy the contents from your existing drive to the new drive.  Acronis or Ghost can do it automatically for you...

gibby12

• Forum member
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2010, 02:52:01 »

ok swwet so whene i get it all upgraded i can have them do it

phil ciborowski

• Forum member
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2010, 03:38:35 »

Nice!  Where you are beating me is you have double the RAM and you have a newer set of cards than I do.  What I may do is update the graphics cards on mine.  The problem is I am running a 750 watt PSU.  I have a 1K Watt PSU but it is a bitch to pull everything apart, especially the H2C unit.  I know because originally my system was a Dell XPS-710.  Dell sent me the update kit which included the H2C.  It was 8 hours from start to finish to swap out the motherboard and add all of the other stuff.  If I add newer cards I will  have to put in the beefier PSU...

I have the KW psu in mine, but like you i am looking to go to a better CPU, my issue is that im more afraid of taking the whole thing apart and not geting it back together.. i guess im going to have to look around for someone who can do it..

I duno about you but i have had an issue with the cooling on the new cards- my video cards are always running hot, to the extent that i have the side open and have a small household fan blowing in it during gaming.. the OE cards never had this issue.
Computer Specs :  Intel i5@3.8GHz, 16GB of Corsair Vengence DDR3RAM, nVidia GTX 660 Ti, 2 (2)1TB Hard Drives,48X Combo and 16X DVD+/-RW drives. Win7 64, on 32" HDTV

Eraser74

• Forum member
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2010, 05:26:55 »

I don´t know, I get the feeling that the game is very poorly optimised!

I consider a purchase, since I own Ship Sim 2008 and I loved it, but I don´t know if the new one is going to run good on my system. I don´t have any problems running the game in 1024*768 resolution.

AMD Dualcore 5000+
ATI 4670 HD 512 Mb
Win7 32-bit
4gb Ram

Should I buy or skip it?

shamuboy

• Forum member
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2010, 06:03:51 »

Here. Everoyne that is having troubles try downloading this. It cleans out space on your ram and minimizes applications that are running and you don't know about. I run Hudizzle's Virtual Sailor Titanic final version on 15-20 FPS with interior on Shaded water but without it it's 9-12. But I have no idea how it will work with SSE.

http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2010, 06:14:27 »

After reading the various posts on this subject, I feel not so much in a hurry to get a new computer..
To use an analogy: no need to rush to the dealer for a new Ferrari, when my trusty Fiat will do fine (I hope  ;) )

josbel

• Forum member
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2010, 07:55:37 »

No problem here!

Game runs smooth (better than ship sim 2008) on my pc.

Windows 7Ultimate x64
CPU: Q9550 Core 2 Quad @ 2.83GHz
Mobo: ASUS P5QC
Ram:8Gb - DDR2 - 800
GPU: Nvida GTX285

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2010, 08:14:33 »

My "Fiat" meets the requirements to a T..
XP, P4 3Ghz, 8800GT, 3 Gb RAM..  So,fingers crossed.. ;)

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2010, 11:39:46 »

After reading a few topics regarding SSE performance, FPS etc and I see that some folks with better CPU and graphic cards than mine, has got me a wee bit worried.

I just hope my PC would be able to handle SSE okay when I install it.
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC

viperek

• Forum member
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2010, 11:48:11 »

Well i bought this game... and what a dissapointment... I got Q9000, 4GB DDR3, 1 TB, GF 130m,w7 64bit, and the game is unplayable... i can run starcraft to maxed out, i can run fsx maxed out .... BUT i CANT RUN THIS game ?!?! Poor design... can anyone tell me if i can ask for my money back cuz its riddiciolous...
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 11:50:30 by viperek »

itgl72

• Forum member
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2010, 13:59:58 »

Once you've loaded the simulator, the hard drive is not that big a deal anymore. It's done its job. The problem is in the session, while in the boat. The waves are pretty, the boats are pretty, but there is something wrong with the code of the software or the video drivers out right now.

I have an i7-930, 6GB memory, and an ATI 5870 1GB, running 64 bit win7 and I am not getting the smoothest of performance. If I put it to 4X AA or more its very choppy.

I think we may be some patches, or drivers away before this gets smoothed out for some of us.

Eraser74

• Forum member
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2010, 14:09:00 »

I just read the manual and they say that the game is perfectly playable with bigger ships when having 13-15 fps. Now that is a joke! They already state in their manual that the game runs choppy!

A game like this shouldn´t have such high requirements, it´s even more demanding than Crysis! That´s what you get when you use a poor graphics engine as this Questviewer, it´s not developed to show graphics like this and therefore it needs more processing power than other engines. Just a terrible engine!

So, until they haven´t fixed the performance, it´s a no buy for me!

Very very poor job!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 14:11:27 by Eraser74 »

viperek

• Forum member
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2010, 14:22:07 »

I just read the manual and they say that the game is perfectly playable with bigger ships when having 13-15 fps. Now that is a joke! They already state in their manual that the game runs choppy!

A game like this shouldn´t have such high requirements, it´s even more demanding than Crysis! That´s what you get when you use a poor graphics engine as this Questviewer, it´s not developed to show graphics like this and therefore it needs more processing power than other engines. Just a terrible engine!

So, until they haven´t fixed the performance, it´s a no buy for me!

Very very poor job!

well said .. so far game not recommended

Titanic14

• Forum member
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2010, 15:32:32 »

I agree with u. I'm very angry because I love ships, and this game is unplayable in my pc. I don't understand...
I can play Mafia II Maxed Out,Kane and Lynch 2,Dirt 2 etc... I don't really understand why is SSE working like rubish...

Finn700

• Forum member
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2010, 15:48:16 »

:thumbs: i have the same system, tho i have upgraded to vista 32, 8gigs of ram and dual 250gts's and stuffed in a TB drive just for games.
i get SSE running nicely maxed out at 1920x1200 on my dell widescreen...

You have some spare memory in there since Vista 32bit supports only maximum of 4 gigs of memory minus gfx cards mem, so Vista 32bit can handle usually just 3 gigs of memory. :)

Birder

• Forum member
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2010, 16:06:51 »

Can i ask you guys what you are using to check fps?

fam-morf2

• Forum member
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2010, 16:08:20 »

ok here is my DXDiag  what all do i need to run SSE becasue i will save more money im already getting a procceser this christmas. so what else will i need??

u are missing 1GB of Ram
Mein/my System:

Windows7 Home Edition Service Pack 1

AMD Phenom x6 6X 3,3Ghz 1100t + Turbo bis 3,7Ghz

16GB DDR3 RAM

AMD Radeonâ„¢ HD 6570 2048 MB (defekt ich benutze grad eine Nvidia 520GT 1GB)

ASUS M4A88T-M

7.1 Sound 8-Channel HD Audio (VT1708S)

Titanic14

• Forum member
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2010, 16:11:04 »

Can i ask you guys what you are using to check fps?
~

a program Called Fraps...

gibby12

• Forum member
« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2010, 16:19:20 »

how many Gb do i need
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines