Hello Guest April 25, 2024, 05:40:09 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Ship Simulator Extremes Very Slow  (Read 36669 times)

Titanic14

• Forum member
Ship Simulator Extremes Very Slow
« on: August 27, 2010, 13:33:06 »

Hi there guys, I've just aquired a Ship Simulator Extremes Copy and I found out the game is running very slow, about 16fps....

I don't understand why...

Specs:
Windows Vista Home Premium x64
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2,40Ghz
Ati Radeon HD 5750 1GB DDR5
3GBRam

Thx for possible solutions...

Ncena1

• Forum member
Re: Ship Simulator Extremes Very Slow
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 13:35:21 »

Running many other Programms?

Updated your graphic card drivers?

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 13:35:49 »

Hi there Titanic14,

Welcome to the forums :)

To receive technical support you must first register the license key into your profile on the forum. To do this simply click "Profile" from the links at the top, and enter your license key into the "Register License Key" box.

I will then move this thread to the technical support board :)
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

gibby12

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 13:37:04 »

maybe not a good proccesor or bad video/Graphics cards

And if you have shipsim 2008 on your computer you may want to delete it cuz it may take up room

Daisai

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 13:40:09 »

A 5750 and a quad core cpu is more then enough for this game so that cant really be the problem.
The only thing i can think of is the memory, you have a 64 bit OS so you might want to update it to like 8gb.

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2010, 13:41:29 »

Removing Ship Simulator 2008 will not have any effect unless you have a very small amount of hard drive space left :)
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

kawaknaller

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2010, 14:13:17 »

maybe not a good proccesor or bad video/Graphics cards

And if you have shipsim 2008 on your computer you may want to delete it cuz it may take up room

And in your case perhaps learn 2 read man... :doh:
Sailing home....

bigted

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2010, 14:31:58 »

Hi there guys, I've just aquired a Ship Simulator Extremes Copy and I found out the game is running very slow, about 16fps....

I don't understand why...

Specs:
Windows Vista Home Premium x64
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2,40Ghz
Ati Radeon HD 5750 1GB DDR5
3GBRam

Thx for possible solutions...

Very very slow here, also, with 3.2 processor, 64 bit, 4 gb Ram, massive HDDs.I'm looking at the graphics settings to see what can be done to help. Also have been running with Game Booster to see if cutting all the  start up progs helps - but it doesn't improve.

regards,

ted

blaster25dk

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2010, 17:17:30 »

I have a Core I7 2.8 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Geforce GTX 285, 2 SSD drives in RAID and Windows 7 64 bit. Without AA and AF I get between 20 and 35 fps at 1680x1050.

I just think SSE is insanely demanding or maybe just poorly programmed?
SS08 was also very demanding on my system.

In many of my other games I get between 80 and 200 fps with same settings.

I have no other programs running. I just installed the latest drivers and have just reinstalled Windows a few days ago, so it is not the problem.
Intel Core I7 860, GeForce GTX 285, 8 GB RAM, 2 SSD disks in RAID 0, Windows 7 64 bit.

Roger

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2010, 19:09:37 »

How do you count frame rate?

cgarfield

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2010, 19:15:54 »

Titanic14, I have a couple of suggestions for you.  I run a very simular setup to yours.  I think the biggest problem is your CPU.  We are both at least 1-2 generations behind the I-7 proc.  So you need to make trade-offs.  look at the Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic settings on your video card.  Dial them down a bit and you will see an increase in frame rate.  VSTEP has added sooo much to this version of SS that there is just a LOT of graphics overhead.  I run a bunch of Sims, Flight Sim X, MS Train Sim, SSE, rfactor racing.  They all have to be adjusted because of their eye candy.

My setup:

Dell XPS 720 H2C, Intel QX6700 3.8Ghz, 4 GB RAM, 2 Nvidia 8800GTX OC's in SLI running 3 Samsung 24" Monitors by way of a Matrox Triple-Head-to-Go Digital version, 6TB of Hard Drives.

TNeves

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2010, 19:31:41 »

Titanic14, I have a couple of suggestions for you.  I run a very simular setup to yours.  I think the biggest problem is your CPU.  We are both at least 1-2 generations behind the I-7 proc.  So you need to make trade-offs.  look at the Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic settings on your video card.  Dial them down a bit and you will see an increase in frame rate.  VSTEP has added sooo much to this version of SS that there is just a LOT of graphics overhead.  I run a bunch of Sims, Flight Sim X, MS Train Sim, SSE, rfactor racing.  They all have to be adjusted because of their eye candy.

My setup:

Dell XPS 720 H2C, Intel QX6700 3.8Ghz, 4 GB RAM, 2 Nvidia 8800GTX OC's in SLI running 3 Samsung 24" Monitors by way of a Matrox Triple-Head-to-Go Digital version, 6TB of Hard Drives.

Well, a trade-off in his case is not a good deal, because the I7 platform has nothing to do with the Intel 775 platform, maybe in his case  not even the RAM should be usable, since its DDR2.

The processor is fine, the graphic card too, I have a lower graphic card and CPU, and it runs smoother.

CaptainFantastic

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2010, 20:15:29 »

Sorry guys, same problems here. Unplayable, fraps 7. Quad 4 processor, Geforce 8800GT. Ook een minder gebruiksvriendelijke interface. ik heb nog niets gezien wat deze nieuwe (behoorlijk dure) versie toevoegt aan versie 2008. Ik denk dat ik mijn geld ga terugvragen.

cgarfield

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2010, 20:34:22 »

Well, a trade-off in his case is not a good deal, because the I7 platform has nothing to do with the Intel 775 platform, maybe in his case  not even the RAM should be usable, since its DDR2.

The processor is fine, the graphic card too, I have a lower graphic card and CPU, and it runs smoother.
I don't follow your logic.  The trade-offs I am talking about are in settings, not hardware.  My processor is from the same generation as his, one model up.  I know the I7 is not the same platfoem as a socket 775.  I'm not talking about changing hardware, I'm talking about changing settings on his graphics card.

Maybe yours runs smoother because of the AA and Anisotropic settings?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 20:36:08 by cgarfield »

Titanic14

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2010, 20:47:38 »

My setup:

Hi there! My Ati Graphics Settings, are set to balanced...

TNeves

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2010, 00:39:17 »

I don't follow your logic.  The trade-offs I am talking about are in settings, not hardware.  My processor is from the same generation as his, one model up.  I know the I7 is not the same platfoem as a socket 775.  I'm not talking about changing hardware, I'm talking about changing settings on his graphics card.

Maybe yours runs smoother because of the AA and Anisotropic settings?

Sorry, I misunderstood trade-offs :doh: Now that I read it again, you were talking about "playing" with the software settings.

Mine is running smoother, but I don't have any of the AA and Anisotropic options activated in the drivers.

Titanic14

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2010, 00:53:03 »

Sorry, I misunderstood trade-offs :doh: Now that I read it again, you were talking about "playing" with the software settings.

Mine is running smoother, but I don't have any of the AA and Anisotropic options activated in the drivers.

lool. I don't understand why mine is working like that, my pc is not bad.

PS:Podes falar portugues eles nao notam :P, tens xfire?

gibby12

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2010, 00:56:37 »

ok here is my DXDiag  what all do i need to run SSE becasue i will save more money im already getting a procceser this christmas. so what else will i need??
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 02:11:11 by gibby12 »

jtm22

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2010, 01:09:12 »

I'm also having issues running SSE, which kinda blows considering I have just installed a Geforce 9800GTX. I've dialed the settings to low, and my game is sill very choppy.

I'd like to know what the developers were running when they made the gameplay videos.

I run a c2d 2.4ghz, 3gb ram, single tb hdd, and the 9800GTX. Windows XP Pro.

TNeves

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2010, 01:13:56 »

lool. I don't understand why mine is working like that, my pc is not bad.

PS:Podes falar portugues eles nao notam :P, tens xfire?

Não tenho xfire, mas podes mandar PM, que se eu souber, ajudo! :2thumbs: "Eles" não gostam que se fale outra língua que não inglês aqui.

English: Titanic14, you can PM me, if I can help, I will. Its better to speak in English here.

gibby12

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2010, 02:14:58 »

ok here is my DXDiag  what all do i need to run SSE becasue i will save more money im already getting a procceser this christmas. so what else will i need??

phil ciborowski

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2010, 02:17:40 »

My setup:

:thumbs: i have the same system, tho i have upgraded to vista 32, 8gigs of ram and dual 250gts's and stuffed in a TB drive just for games.
i get SSE running nicely maxed out at 1920x1200 on my dell widescreen...
Computer Specs :  Intel i5@3.8GHz, 16GB of Corsair Vengence DDR3RAM, nVidia GTX 660 Ti, 2 (2)1TB Hard Drives,48X Combo and 16X DVD+/-RW drives. Win7 64, on 32" HDTV

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2010, 02:18:23 »

ok here is my DXDiag  what all do i need to run SSE becasue i will save more money im already getting a procceser this christmas. so what else will i need??

Your videocard might need some upgrading too  :)
It's the crew that makes the difference

gibby12

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2010, 02:22:02 »

ok let go over my list so far ::)

Procceser.

Graphics card

Anything else?

cgarfield

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2010, 02:28:16 »

I have noticed a pretty big difference when I turn off the AA and AS settings on my cards.  I think I am going to have to scope out an I7 though.  My QX6700 was and Intel 'Extreme' series and has lasted 3+ years.  That is a loooong time for a CPU!

The game is still quit playable either way....and so far it is everything that I hoped it would be...   :2thumbs:
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines