Hello Guest April 26, 2024, 07:43:00 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Graphism  (Read 22521 times)

jeanfla

• Forum member
Graphism
« on: August 27, 2010, 10:50:18 »

The graphism are bad the pictures of ss homepage are false. You must give us a patch to improve that graphism of ss2006 with menu less beautiful. VSTEP pictures are not take in the game!!!
If you want sell aan add-on to improve graphism but don't give us an ugly game like that!!!!  :'( :'( :'( :C :C :C
Thanks
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 10:59:06 by jeanfla »

david payne

• Forum member

yep just like rig n roll ! v step are good advertisers but cant live up to it

Denis

• Global Moderator

C'm'on, JeanFla, you haven't even tried the game yet.

Remember please the game rendering depend a lot on the player's hardware, and on the computer's settings.

For example, enabling the video card drivers settings change lots of things.

If you have a video card, please read the following tutorial to see how much it can change the rendering in game :

http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,19579.msg266905.html#msg266905

I even wrote a french translation here :

http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,19580.0.html

jeanfla

• Forum member

WHy didn't you put real game image??? Because the 3D wake that was a big false advertising!!! And the icebergg on shipsim page are not like on the pictures tooo!!!!!!!!!!!! Do something, improve taht please!!!
NVidia user, i can't do that

Frank_VSTEP

The graphism are bad the pictures of ss homepage are false. You must give us a patch to improve that graphism of ss2006 with menu less beautiful. VSTEP pictures are not take in the game!!!
If you want sell aan add-on to improve graphism but don't give us an ugly game like that!!!!  :'( :'( :'( :C :C :C
Thanks

I would advise you to stop making quotes like this and make sure all graphics options are set to detail level. Just watch the videos and if you then still think that this is SS2008 quality then there is something seriously wrong with your PC.  
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 10:56:16 by Frank_VSTEP »

Denis

• Global Moderator

For Nvidia users, you have the same things to configure. Just use NVIDIA control panel instead of ATI, search in its options, you'll find similar settings.

Please, do not add content in older posts by editing them, because following posts would have non sense, or you might ask questions we can't see because it's not obvious you edited an old topic.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 10:57:52 by Denis »

Matthew Brown

• Forum member

If you are referring to the picture of waves on the ship sim website, then that was NOT taken ingame.
It was made up specially for the website to have a new look, it does not advertise the game, just shows some waves.
There is no need to create a topic criticizing the artwork of shipsim.com  :thumbdown:

Microsoft Flight simulator can have a blue sky background on their website, but doesnt have to be taken ingame.
It just shows that is to do with aeroplanes, where as shipsim is nautical, so what better than to have waves?

Ship Simulator Extremes has a very good ocean system FYI, and is improved than ss2008.
If you play the game you will see.

Understand?  :)

Kind Regards

Matthew

jeanfla

• Forum member
Re: Graphism
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2010, 10:58:45 »

Understand
Ok thanks, i allready at max but i see pictures of others users not mine and they say max level graphism!

That don't look like the game? Are you sure that is real video? Maybe there put badder graphism just before the release? Why did'nt you make same graphism of homepage.
The mustach is not like vstep homepage on the greenpeace boat, it is not an ingame image too?
I don't refer to background i refer to :

annd other of SSE
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 11:04:08 by jeanfla »

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2010, 11:04:02 »

Thanks for understanding, it's just not nice to start a topic like that  :thumbdown:

And No, no.

It depends on your graphics card and system.
If you have a good computer you can run the game with a pretty realistic level.
If you have a slighlty older computer you may find that it loses a little bit of the graphics, but this has nothing to do with the game, but with your computer  :thumbs:

The bow wave on the greenpeace ship was an older screenshot (photo) and after testing the game for bugs it was found that it was too hard to make bow waves like that. Things in games like that happen, when something proves too dificult they try to fix it and add it on a later date.
And have you played the game yet? There could well be that particular Iceberg.

Kind Regards

Matthew
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 11:06:02 by Matthew Brown »

jeanfla

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2010, 11:05:03 »

Thanks for understanding, it's just not nice to start a topic like that  :thumbdown:

And No, no.

It depends on your graphics card and system.
If you have a good computer you can run the game with a pretty realistic level.
If you have a slighlty older computer you may find that it loses a little bit of the graphics, but this has nothing to do with the game, but with your computer  :thumbs:

Kind Regards

Matthew
I have an "inddice de performance windows " of 7.3, so no problem
I don't think the photo i put up are ingame pictures ::)
And the wake "sillage" is not in 3D like  in pictures
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 11:07:21 by jeanfla »

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2010, 11:07:25 »

Read the edit in my above post ^^  :thumbs:

What you can do on a computer normally is change the graphics settings, so you can see the game better in better quality.
If you would like more info on that then I'm sure someone can say how to do that  :thumbs:
Like here for example: http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,19579.msg266905.html#msg266905

jeanfla

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2010, 11:09:15 »

Read the edit in my above post ^^  :thumbs:

What you can do on a computer normally is change the graphics settings, so you can see the game better in better quality.
If you would like more info on that then I'm sure someone can say how to do that  :thumbs:
I know how to that. You mean one day we will have a 3D wake in SSE and a 3D mustach?  :D :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2010, 11:12:08 »

As the technology in the world grows better every day, I'm sure one day we will see bow waves and realism like that  :thumbs:
So for the moment you have Ship Simulator Extremes, and you will not find another maritime simulator with such good graphics  :2thumbs:

jeanfla

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2010, 11:15:47 »

As the technology in the world grows better every day, I'm sure one day we will see bow waves and realism like that  :thumbs:
So for the moment you have Ship Simulator Extremes, and you will not find another maritime simulator with such good graphics  :2thumbs:
but we will have 3d wake and mustach in SSE or in SS2012??? or in an paying add-on?
But for the transparent water, the iceberg, the sun reflect on water, iceber, and the reflect of ship in the transparent water, etc. That's not a bug,  just a different 3D quality.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 11:17:37 by jeanfla »

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2010, 11:20:35 »

Look, I'm not sure when it will be in the game  :doh: Just one day ok?

To get the best out of your graphics try using Denis' tutorial then you might make the 3d graphics like the videos  :thumbs:

Frank_VSTEP

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2010, 11:24:04 »

but we will have 3d wake and mustach in SSE or in SS2012??? or in an paying add-on?
But for the transparent water, the iceberg, the sun reflect on water, iceber, and the reflect of ship in the transparent water, etc. That's not a bug,  just a different 3D quality.

Let me quote a journalist I spoke "The ocean graphics blow away anything else out there. Better than Crysis or any other big budget game with a budget 100x bigger than VSTEP, it is remarkable you guys achieved this". I think that says it all.
JeanFla, you can be demanding, no problem at all, but do you really think graphics are not good, I mean come on...

jeanfla

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2010, 11:27:53 »

Let me quote a journalist I spoke "The ocean graphics blow away anything else out there. Better than Crysis or any other big budget game with a budget 100x bigger than VSTEP, it is remarkable you guys achieved this". I think that says it all.
JeanFla, you can be demanding, no problem at all, but do you really think graphics are not good, I mean come on...
I understand, is the water in PhiPhi island is blue? I say all that because for one year i was looking at shipsimhomepage the wake and the mustach was beautiful so...You understand that when i see the mustach was the same sphere of shipsim2008 and the wake(it is not a v) too...

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2010, 11:34:27 »

You have to just accept that somethings change, and you can't change that.
I'm pretty sure the water in Phi Phi Islands is blue like the video, but getting it right depends on your graphics once again.
Have a play around and see how they work for you and how it looks best  :thumbs:
Yes the wake with a k is what your ship leaves behind.
And bow wave with a v is the correct term, I've never heard of a mustache on a boat before! :doh:

jeanfla

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2010, 11:38:08 »

Yes i use googletraduction ,i know talking english but no the technic term like sillage, (wake) and moustache, (bow wave) but google say me mustach, he can't know i mean the bow wave.
I was thinking it will be better in graphism than gta4... The more important for mee was the wake and the bow wave, i esper like you say that there will be an update for that.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 11:41:27 by jeanfla »

TJK

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2010, 12:01:02 »

I don't see any problem with the graphic  her are on screen shot from mine SSE POR living Bora Bore, and were do your find PHI PHI in shipsim Extreme? the ocean graphic are good, the best ever in shipsim history

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2010, 12:13:28 »

Understand
Ok thanks, i allready at max but i see pictures of others users not mine and they say max level graphism!

That don't look like the game? Are you sure that is real video? Maybe there put badder graphism just before the release? Why did'nt you make same graphism of homepage.
The mustach is not like vstep homepage on the greenpeace boat, it is not an ingame image too?
I don't refer to background i refer to :

annd other of SSE

Yesterday i think it was fred that said that they lowerd the graphics for performance (ect.frame rate). :thumbs:
My New Favorite Ship Is The Zilver :D
2000  "Virtual - Safety Training & Education Platform"
This Game Is Epic

Eskimo

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2010, 12:30:21 »

I don't see any problem with the graphic  her are on screen shot from mine SSE POR living Bora Bore, and were do your find PHI PHI in shipsim Extreme? the ocean graphic are good, the best ever in shipsim history

Hey i can see you have a att depth and bow depth . why do i dont have that :(

Denis

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2010, 12:31:25 »

Hi Eskimo,

which version of the game do you have ? How did you buy it ?

Eskimo

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2010, 12:34:09 »

A friend of min have take it home from england to me. there where some fails when i install it . and i have just finsh install it again and now i have it :)  sorry for post this in the worng Topic .
and the game is just awesome love it, and the graphism is so much bette . thanks VSTEP and Paradox Interactive . and all the other ppl the have been working on this .
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 12:38:09 by Eskimo »

Denis

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2010, 12:37:16 »

A friend of you brought it to you from england ? The day the game is released ?

Woot. Your friend is incredbly fast.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines