Hello Guest April 19, 2024, 12:18:45 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Graphism  (Read 22436 times)

jeanfla

• Forum member
Re: Graphism
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2010, 14:40:29 »

Finally a positive Comment...... Even if it was from Frank & Vstep. Thank you Frank. Having viewed the game trailers constantly in anticipation of the games release I can see that I shouldn't have anything to be concerned about. The trailers do look amazing and I for one shouldn't have a problem. From the official trailers I can safely say well done to you all, you have done a great job. We aren't all children here so should be able to configure our systems to suit and I'm sure I will love the game...... now where is that damn postman  :)
Why do you say a child don't know how to configure his PC??

NiElS

• Forum member
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2010, 14:41:32 »

If we want to mislead people, we would not have posted videos.
You have seen the official videos I assume: http://www.shipsim.com/media/trailers

The feedback we got was very positive, so it is a pity that a few are dissapointed, but everybody is entitled to their opinion. If your system does not have similar graphics than the videos however, then it is because you haven't configured the graphics settings correctly. If you however feel the videos have bad graphics, and the best ocean system that is available in the current game industry is still not satisfying you, then indeed you will be dissapointed.

But from the many positive feedback mails I'm getting, I guess you won't be.

I guess you're right.
If I may ask, with what computerspecs are those video's made?
If it sinks, you need to fix it ;)

dday

• Forum member
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2010, 15:02:47 »

Why do you say a child don't know how to configure his PC??

Did I say "all" children ? No. It's a statement of fact and judging by some of the comments here there are obviously alot of children posting comments. Whether they are actual children or whether they are just acting like one is a different matter. I also stated in a previous post
It does state that they are in game screenshots, so we should be given the product as advertised or it should state "not actual footage".
. Frank has confirmed these are actual game footage and again pointed out that you need to configure your graphics correctly, obviously a problem some of you are having! Besides, if you want to throw slanderous comments around then be my guest, only a child wouldn't understand the implications that can cause. If Vstep have confirmed that what you see is what you get then obviously the issue is on your side and I for one will not be drawn into an arguement with a child.......period! HAPPY SAILING  ;D

jeanfla

• Forum member
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2010, 15:05:52 »

Did I say "all" children ? No. It's a statement of fact and judging by some of the comments here there are obviously alot of children posting comments. Whether they are actual children or whether they are just acting like one is a different matter. I also stated in a previous post . Frank has confirmed these are actual game footage and again pointed out that you need to configure your graphics correctly, obviously a problem some of you are having! Besides, if you want to throw slanderous comments around then be my guest, only a child wouldn't understand the implications that can cause. If Vstep have confirmed that what you see is what you get then obviously the issue is on your side and I for one will not be drawn into an arguement with a child.......period! HAPPY SAILING  ;D
The second quote concern me ??? For info im not a child 2 . info : i don't have the game yet 3. I can do more than configuring a PC. I never learn something on PC i learn myself because PC is logic (i only use a book for learning C/C++ i have a brain not a computer in my head  ;D ).

JF
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 15:08:57 by jeanfla »

flaviossa

• Forum member
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2010, 15:09:18 »

I must say that i´m very disapointed too.  :'(
Thank God, i didn´t delete my ss08 before. 

Pleaasseee give us back the wave effects that i saw in the screens!!!!!!!  :thumbs:
ShipSim 08 / ShipSim Extremes
Win10 Pro 64 - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H100i - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - EVGA GTX1080 SC - TrackIR 5 - SSD 960Gb + 480Gb Hyper X 3K

Daisai

• Forum member
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2010, 15:09:56 »

After changing the settings on the drivers on my vid card to absolute max.
I got to these graphics

They arent bad only they arent the graphics as they were shown on the "ingame" screenshots on the website of vstep.

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2010, 15:12:05 »

Thats still pretty damn good graphics! Nothing to cpmplain about really  :doh:

Kristian01

• Forum member
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2010, 15:12:34 »

What Pc configuration you have??
Intel Core i7 2600K, @ OC 4.2GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2
MSI GTX 580 TwinfrozerII
MSI P67A-C45
Corsair Vengeance 2x2GB
Corsiar GS800 (800W)
Mouse: Cyborg R.A.T. 7

Daisai

• Forum member
« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2010, 15:13:31 »

Yes they are , only now compare that screenshot to the screen of the same ship hosted on their website.
There is a big difference there.

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2010, 15:14:14 »

Look great to me...  :thumbs:

dragongfx

• Forum member
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2010, 15:14:47 »

Exactly like mine graphic.

The only ting i miss in bora bora are the black air,et brown girl with a ice gold gin and tonic.

My wife are on work and i dont ting she are willing to serve me gin and tonic when i play sse.

Daisai

• Forum member
« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2010, 15:14:48 »

What Pc configuration you have??

duo core 3.2 ghz
8gb memory and a ATI5770

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2010, 15:15:18 »

I dont care really, as long as they are improved than SS2008 I'm happy  :thumbs:
And they do look good!

Daisai

• Forum member
« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2010, 15:15:48 »

I dont care really, as long as they are improved than SS2008 I'm happy  :thumbs:
And they do look good!

The fps here is a bit low though when i sail through rotterdam.

jeanfla

• Forum member
« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2010, 15:18:04 »

Yes no bad very good but not excellent
Great job  ;D
Yes, i know i didn't say the same thing 10 minutes ago

dday

• Forum member
« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2010, 15:32:58 »

The second quote concern me  For info im not a child 2 . info : i don't have the game yet 3. I can do more than configuring a PC. I never learn something on PC i learn myself because PC is logic (i only use a book for learning C/C++ i have a brain not a computer in my head   ).

JF

Sorry Jeanfla. I think we are missing the point here and we seem to be going in a downward spiral, there is obviously a language barrier between us. So I think this arguement be terminated before we "Sink" each other ...lol I see by Daisai's screenshot things are getting better. Proof that the graphics are good and that not everyone here has graphics cards able to produce what Vsteps screen shots are offering. Maybe we will be the lucky ones :)

jeanfla

• Forum member
« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2010, 15:38:52 »

Sorry Jeanfla. I think we are missing the point here and we seem to be going in a downward spiral, there is obviously a language barrier between us. So I think this arguement be terminated before we "Sink" each other ...lol I see by Daisai's screenshot things are getting better. Proof that the graphics are good and that not everyone here has graphics cards able to produce what Vsteps screen shots are offering. Maybe we will be the lucky ones :)
I'm not angry, you are?
I'm not having an argument  :). I just ask a question. If my answer look agressive, i'm  sorry for that.
I don't have the game, it will be difficult for me to configure the game  ;D ;D.
My graphic will be good bacause immediately after i have a computer i put the card graphic to max quality.
I'm not angry but please not insult me by seaying i'm null please.

Thanks and sorry, JF
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 15:41:43 by jeanfla »

NiElS

• Forum member
« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2010, 15:51:34 »

duo core 3.2 ghz
8gb memory and a ATI5770

That is overkill because Extremes isn't even using half of it.

jeanfla

• Forum member
« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2010, 16:53:43 »

HS : it's my most popular post!

svache

• Forum member
« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2010, 23:07:54 »

I agree and disagree with you... these are indeed very good graphics, but, unfortunately they're not the same as the screens that we're being shown.

The in-game videos they posted are indeed the same as what I see on my computer, and my computer is running smoothly with it, so far no complains. I am just disappointed that the graphics are not, and cannot be, like the ones that are posted as single images (even though they are advertised as in-game graphics).

Miller85

• Forum member
« Reply #70 on: August 28, 2010, 00:42:25 »

It seems a bit odd (from a layman's point of view) that the developers would go to the effort of making something that looks as nice as it does in the screenshots only to remove it because of "performance problems". If you think of the level of detail in a game like Crysis; when it was released there was hardly a computer in existence that could run it at the sort of fidelity that had been suggested in pre-release media but ultimately the option was there.

As PCs became more powerful they were able to utilise the quality the developers had managed to create and new computers could 'grow in to' features that had previously been too demanding on the computer - wouldn't that be a logical situation with SSE as well?

I think it's great that (by the sounds of it) Vstep have given people with low-medium spec computers the means to play the latest version of the simulator but there are people on both ends of the PC-power spectrum.

Either way, graphics aren't everything; I haven't been able to get a serial key sorted yet after my purchase but I'm looking forward to firing the game up, cranking up all the settings and getting out on to the open seas. Got the ol' eye-patch ready  ;D

flaviossa

• Forum member
« Reply #71 on: August 28, 2010, 04:54:11 »

I´m getting this "holes" in the sea when my ship advance in rought water (Attached screen)
Very poor fps here too. (q9650 3ghz gtx285 8gb)

Have to agree with the "not so beautiful as it should be" water thing ... a little disapointed. The rest is great.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 05:00:17 by flaviossa »
ShipSim 08 / ShipSim Extremes
Win10 Pro 64 - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H100i - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - EVGA GTX1080 SC - TrackIR 5 - SSD 960Gb + 480Gb Hyper X 3K

dynocomp

• Forum member
« Reply #72 on: August 28, 2010, 05:07:40 »

I think the graphics are bad no matter how much you crank your vid card.  There are no reflections in the water.  No shadows.  The ships and the scenery looks as if it's floating above the water.  And the scale of the water texture is too 'close'.  The ships look like toy models.  The docks look like they're floating in air.

Check out the original and the shaded images.  I'm not very good with PhotoShop, but you should easily be able to see what I mean by comparing the attached images.

DynoComp

NiElS

• Forum member
« Reply #73 on: August 28, 2010, 09:32:34 »

True, I have to give you that one. ;)

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2010, 09:34:08 »

I'm confused..The top pic is supposed to look better..?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines