Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 17:43:22 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Ship Simulator Extremes Requirements Discussion  (Read 50236 times)

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
Ship Simulator Extremes Requirements Discussion
« on: July 18, 2010, 22:00:19 »

Hi

Just wondered if anyone can confirm if the requirements given for SSExtremes on the main site are minimum or recommended?

I ask because the processor is said to be 3GHz, which seems quite high - I was told my system is a good one, and only has 2.4 GHz? would be a shame if it was unplayeable.

Many thanks,

TFM
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 23:00:37 by Mad_Fred »

oceandream

• Forum member
Re: Ship Simulator Extremes Requirements Discussion
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 22:22:14 »

i agree with TFM

my pc is
2.20 GHZ
2.0 GB
thats i all i know..
i want if mine and tfm computers are good enough for SSEX

Join Greenpeace virtual today
We need more members too keep out forum active

krytsch

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 22:52:47 »

This is in fact very bad news!!

Some weeks ago the minimum requirements for the CPU were announced to be 2,4 GHz. I don't remember exactly about the video adapter remember except that mine (Geforce 9600 GT) should easily be good enough.

I even updated my CPU to match the requirements! And now now that is all for nothing. I even had a little hope, that this time the game would support multicore-CPUs - which SS08 incomprehensibly doesn't do.

This means that I won't by the game - I have already offered money for it >:( and don not intend to by a new - high end(!) - computer just for one game.

So that's it. Bye bye SSEx. I do not longer need to think about that. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

But, Ferryman and oceandream, why do you want a confirmation? The fact, that these requirements are listed at the ShipSim product site is unfortunately confirmation enough.

Grrrrrr - from now on I will eat whale meat! One whale a day!

EDIT July 20, 2010:
Some forum members' (especially TJK's and Riddip's) comments have made me think it over and change my mind.

See also http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,19344.msg263034.html#msg263034

Protect the whales!
[/b]
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 12:50:36 by krytsch »

Minime

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 23:32:31 »

Grrrrrr - from now on I will eat whale meat! One whale a day!

What has that to do with everything? Game hasn't stopped anyone from eating whales ::)(sure there are some GP missions, but still...)

thanks to Tore/TJK for this awesome sig

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 23:39:05 »

But, Ferryman and oceandream, why do you want a confirmation? The fact, that is it mentioned on the ShipSim product site is unfortunately confirmation enough.

Because of the fact that a lot of people appear to not have these specificiations, thus not be able to play the game...

krytsch

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 23:43:29 »

I agree - but why should VStep tell such things (and probably loose customers, while a lot of whales loose their lives), when it's not true?

What has that to do with everything? Game hasn't stopped anyone from eating whales
Yes Minime - but somebody has to feel the consequences ...
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 23:49:12 by krytsch »

Riddip

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 00:13:50 »

I ask because the processor is said to be 3GHz, which seems quite high - I was told my system is a good one, and only has 2.4 GHz? would be a shame if it was unplayeable.

they list a P4 cpu, and i think they mean the old one with a single core. every dual or quad core bought in the last years should be much faster, so no need to worry!

i have a q6600 with 4x 2,4 ghz and i never played a game that forced my cpu to operate at full capacity until now ;)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 00:18:06 by Riddip »

Master Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2010, 00:20:19 »

I suppose the specs are quite hefty for the upcoming game and it may be the first ship sim version i'm unable to buy :'( As neither one of my computers fully meets the requirements and i most certainly can't afford even a lousy computer right now :-\ Hopefully a demo comes out so we can all see if our machines can handle it. But like Riddip said, the 3ghz is for a Pentium 4 processor which is pretty old and only a single core. But i believe idealy they're saying you should have 3ghz in a single core to work with. Will be interesting to see how things work.

krytsch

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2010, 00:21:12 »

Hey Riddip - at least SS08 does NOT support multicore CPUs! My dualcore CPU runs in 100 % for one core and 0 % for the other core when running SS08. And dualcore CPUs were quite common, when SS08 was introduced.

But - of course - I hope you are right! Id SSEx supports multithreading, it should work. And a demo version will be very helpfull
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 00:22:58 by krytsch »

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2010, 00:21:32 »

I for one was absolutely gutted after the excitement of finally getting SS08 and not being able to play it.
I had it sitting in my room for a good few months while I had to save up intensely for a brand new laptop just so I could play SS08.
And now I don't think my new laptop meets the specs, so obviously I'm not very happy! It's crazy, I have to buy a new laptop every time a new SS comes out  :'(

I know there are other people out the that have the same problem.

Kind Regards

Matthew

P.S. Below is my DxDiag if it interests anyone, if maybe they think I will be ok  ???

krytsch

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2010, 00:24:09 »

on the other hand - if Riddip is right - there won*t be any problems.

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2010, 00:25:44 »

Hey Riddip - SS08 does NOT support multicore CPUs! My dualcore CPU runs in 100 % for one core and 0 % for the other core when running SS08. And dualcore CPUs were quite common, when SS08 was introduced.

But - of course - I hope you are right!

Hi,

There is no need to provoke people with the tone of your posts.  :)

It's been asked to the dev's to clear this subject. Lets wait for that, before this thing starts to leads its own life.
It's the crew that makes the difference

krytsch

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2010, 00:35:40 »

There is no need to provoke people with the tone of your posts.

It was not meant to provoke anybody. I just wanted to tell Riddip that I hope he is right (which I really do!). I did by no means want to be rude.

I do not understand why you suppose that. Is it because of the one loud word? Or a misunderstanding because of my bad English? I order to prevent situations like these in future, please tell me what is wrong with the post.

If anybody in this forum feels provoked, I want to apologize for that.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 01:12:31 by krytsch »

aelcu17

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2010, 01:55:19 »

Operating system:   Windows XP (Min. service pack 2), Windows Vista or Windows 7.
32 and 64 bits OS supported
Memory:   2GB (Windows XP) or 3GB (Vista or Windows 7)
Processor:   3 Ghz P4 Intel or AMD equivalent processor
Video card:   Geforce 8800GT or ATI Radeon 4850 with 256MB ram (At least Shader model 3.0)
Hard disc space:   3,5GB
Drive:   4x PC DVD-ROM
Input controllers:   Mouse with scroll wheel
Sound:   DirectX 9.0c compatible
DirectX:   Version 9.0c
Controller:   Optional controller support DirectX 9.0c compatible
Internet:   Broadband Internet connection required for Multiplayer   

thats from the product page for ship sim extremes

Master Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2010, 02:45:12 »

I for one was absolutely gutted after the excitement of finally getting SS08 and not being able to play it.
I had it sitting in my room for a good few months while I had to save up intensely for a brand new laptop just so I could play SS08.
And now I don't think my new laptop meets the specs, so obviously I'm not very happy! It's crazy, I have to buy a new laptop every time a new SS comes out  :'(

I know there are other people out the that have the same problem.

Kind Regards

Matthew

P.S. Below is my DxDiag if it interests anyone, if maybe they think I will be ok  ???
Not to burst your bubble, but that computer is very low speced. It's not even close to the SS08 requirements so if the game works at all i'd be very surprised.

matt5674

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2010, 03:39:23 »

I don't know, But I think my PC meets some or most of the requirements. What do you all think? DxDiag attached.

jaankotkas

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2010, 07:03:17 »

my Laptop has 2,16GHZ and i'm hoping that the game will play :D Minimum with min Requirements and no Multiplayer for me now =/

Its not possible to buy a computer, because the game Requirements are going up and up :S
Even a Macbook Pro cant all the games what are coming out.
Ship Simulator 2008
Ship Simulator 2008 New Horizons
Ship Simulator Extremes Collection

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2010, 10:09:23 »

Not to burst your bubble, but that computer is very low speced. It's not even close to the SS08 requirements so if the game works at all i'd be very surprised.

Well suprisingly enough, SS08 runs absolutely perfectly  on my PC  :thumbs: I have no problem whatsoever.
On the internet it says my laptop is a 2.4Ghz processor, but when I look here it only says 2.0Ghz.
So I hope when i uninstall SS08 and all its components I should be ok to run SSE  :)

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2010, 11:01:11 »

That's not how it works, I am afraid, Matthew.

Uninstalling games does not 'give back' anything. Games only temporarily use the resources they need.

SSE will need more than SS08 needs. A 3Ghz processor for starters. If your machine has a 2.0Ghz processor and it runs SS08 fine, then you're just lucky that the rest of the configuration allows for this.

But it doesn't mean that SS08 'uses up'  0.4Ghz of what the internet says you should have, and returns this to you if you uninstall. It can mean that maybe there's more than one hardware configuration possible with your type/brand laptop. You better trust the dxdiag, and dont go by what a website tells you. Your own computer knows what it has onboard.

You'll need a minimum 3.0Ghz P4 processor for SSE, so you can pretty much forget about that with a 2.0Ghz cpu, I am afraid. This games will up the ante quite a bit, compared to SS08's minimum requirements, as you can see. And you need to have that whole set covered, pretty much. There's always a lucky few that can run just under specs, but I wouldn't count on it if you're too far below them.

But just so you know, installing and/or uninstalling games does not change how fast your CPU is, or how much RAM you physically have installed in your machine. It only used resources when it runs, but never changes any of your hardware specifications.

Regards,
Fred

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2010, 11:03:31 »

That doesn't sound good then...

:-\

I assume my:

"Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU    Q6600  @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz"

Will not be useful either for SSE...  :-\

--tractorman--

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2010, 11:12:36 »

Thanks for getting that over with Fred, but is the 3.0Ghz single core? dual? etc

krytsch

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2010, 11:20:47 »

As Riddip mentioned earlier: we talk about a 3 Ghz P4(!) processor, which is a quite old model. If I am lucky, an AMD Athlon 5200+ (two cores running at 2,6 GHz each, rated to 5200 GHz by the producer (which of course is nonsense if you are running a single application)) will be enough. But this depends on the way how SSEx handles multiple cores. So at this stage I suppose the game will run on my machine, but I have no idea in which quality it will run. Therefore I will have to wait for more precise information or a demo version.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 11:32:18 by krytsch »

TJK

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2010, 11:23:58 »

HI --tractorman-- 

if you use a single core? dual? or quad core you only will have a 3ghz processor,  so in a quad core you do not have 12ghz or 6ghz in a dual core processor.

you still will have a 3 GHz processor speed

« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 11:28:45 by TJK »

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2010, 11:26:31 »

Not looking good for us then...

Will there be a demo version released so we can see if SSE will run on our Computers?

TJK

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2010, 11:30:46 »

Do not know that jet but it will be strange if not  do
Tore
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines