Hello Guest April 20, 2024, 15:26:47 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Ship Sim Control Unit?  (Read 81990 times)

Denis

• Global Moderator
Re: Ship Sim Control Unit?
« Reply #150 on: December 21, 2010, 16:53:00 »

Nore me, nore my colleags aboard the Poseidon not even the captain were able to decide wich one is the "more playful" one,.. the result is a lot of pluging in and out and a lot of reassigning buttons and controlls in the optionsmenue in SSE (due to it not beeing able to make differences between the two units) and.. of course a lot of fun!

Hi Atlantlis05,

thanks for this good comparison !

I just wanted to add that you can create two in-game profiles, which allows you to setup up your two controllers, and to switch between them, whithout needing to re-setup everything. Your savegames won't be shared amongst the two profiles though.

spitman

• Forum member
« Reply #151 on: December 22, 2010, 04:05:19 »

That one is pretty old, i believe it was first announced somewhere in 2007 or 2008. I'm not sure if it will ever reach the market, it has been postponed many times since then.

I received mine (shipdriver.com) a couple of weeks ago... well... my wife did,  I'm not allowed to use it yet, it's under the tree for a few more days.  Hopefully my experience is better than what a couple of you guys are saying.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 04:08:55 by spitman »

Atlantis05

• Forum member
« Reply #152 on: December 22, 2010, 07:34:05 »

:lol: That must be hard,.. to know it´s around somewhere in the house and not being allowed to use it  :doh:

I´m sure you´ll enjoy it,.. once you got it  :angel:

Merry X-mas
Holger

Dustybin

• Forum member
« Reply #153 on: December 22, 2010, 09:39:56 »

I'm sure you will enjoy the unit atlantis, I have the same problem with the Siatek Flight yoke and throttles.
The Ships Driver is more than likely to be a good unit, the only problem is I have a faulty one)as agreed by PI Engineering) and the UK agent is not doing it justice by helping me.
Have a nerry Christmas
Dustybin

serkan

• Forum member
« Reply #154 on: December 24, 2010, 15:36:57 »

« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 15:54:14 by serkan »

Dustybin

• Forum member
« Reply #155 on: December 25, 2010, 07:59:39 »

Merry Xmas to all. Yes it is doing the same thing in both SSE and SS2008

spitman

• Forum member
« Reply #156 on: December 26, 2010, 06:50:24 »

:lol: That must be hard,.. to know it´s around somewhere in the house and not being allowed to use it  :doh:

I´m sure you´ll enjoy it,.. once you got it  :angel:

Merry X-mas
Holger

I've been playing with the Ship Driver controller all day   :)   It works great, no problems at all. 

Now if we can only get that new update that is coming for Ship Simulator Extremes...  I hope it fixes the bug where the ships won't move sometimes...  it's almost like they are anchored but they aren't. 

• Forum member
« Reply #157 on: December 26, 2010, 17:11:25 »

Well i just got the ShipDriver. It is a well made thing but setting up the controls is a pain.    >:( The steering is a little non relistic.The steering works best with the tilller. It is more fun and relistic with small boats like the inferno. (used in SSE) It also get takes a little time to get used to.

My New Favorite Ship Is The Zilver :D
2000  "Virtual - Safety Training & Education Platform"
This Game Is Epic

larsdehaan2

« Reply #158 on: January 10, 2011, 14:43:23 »

well 200 euros is a little much...

Dustybin

• Forum member
« Reply #159 on: January 10, 2011, 17:40:14 »

Mine cost £196 and it was faulty. I sent it back and asked for a refund as First Class Simulations cant or wont help me. Its been a week since sending it Royal Mail next day and 2 phone calls and no answer to the phone and no reply to the letter inside the parcel.

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #160 on: January 10, 2011, 17:42:57 »

I would call PI Engineering then, perhaps they can trace their reseller and contact them.
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

Dustybin

• Forum member
« Reply #161 on: January 10, 2011, 17:45:59 »

I have been in contact with PI Engineering and they have been of help. It looks like there UK agent is not up to it.

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #162 on: January 10, 2011, 17:47:23 »

I see. Well I'm sure PI engineering will sort something out for you, if not, I would contact trading standards and tell them about your situation. I would give it a further few days though, there may be a backlog of emails to reply to :)
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

Dustybin

• Forum member
« Reply #163 on: January 10, 2011, 17:50:35 »

Thing is I have taken time of work waiting for First Class Sim to contact me at a pre arranged time and on twice they have let me and the product down.

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #164 on: January 10, 2011, 17:56:57 »

Well I would write a strongly worded letter to their main office address and tell them that you're not happy and want a full refund for the product. If they don't do that or sort out the product tell them you are to contact trading standards and report them for their lack of customer service and support.

You might not have to contact trading standards, but it might scare FCS :)

PI48895

• Forum member
« Reply #165 on: January 11, 2011, 14:30:51 »

Just heard from First Class Simulations. They received Dustybin's unit last Thursday and are issuing a full refund. 

In support of FCS, they have been a reliable reseller of RailDriver for many years and always offered excellent customer support.  From our perspective this is an isolated incident on an otherwise unblemished record.

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #166 on: January 11, 2011, 17:15:20 »

Hi PI48895,

I believe that the information you just shared with us should be given to Dustybin directly, and not posted on the forum :)

I'm sure FCS are a good retailer ;)

Atlantis05

• Forum member
« Reply #167 on: January 11, 2011, 18:42:41 »

I bought mine at Aerosoft in Germany and I must say, they had a great Service!

I had the wrong power unit with my shipdriver and a single phone call solved the problem,.. they sent me the right one in advance and afterwards I sent them the wrong one in the package of the new one back...  also they did pay my expenses...

Friendly and fast  :2thumbs:

Greetings
Holger

kenfast

• Forum member
« Reply #168 on: January 11, 2011, 21:56:06 »

Don't forget to check out the shipdriver. Its a lot cheaper and works great and has a ton of features!!
Check it out

http://www.shipdriver.com/

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #169 on: January 11, 2011, 22:29:34 »

Don't forget to check out the shipdriver. Its a lot cheaper and works great and has a ton of features!!
Check it out

http://www.shipdriver.com/

Kenfast,

Due to the fact that we're already talking about the Ship Driver, I am taking your post as advertising.

So, please don't post things like that because it will be seen as advertising and will be removed.

Dustybin

• Forum member
« Reply #170 on: January 12, 2011, 11:22:41 »

latest is that they have refunded me with a charge of nearly £7. Its over, thank god.

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #171 on: January 12, 2011, 11:27:54 »

Glad it's all sorted Dustybin :thumbs:

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #172 on: February 27, 2011, 23:39:41 »

could i use the x-box av-8r joystick for sse?
Today's weather:

http://www.lsmma.com/webcam/webcam_st.html

Not to sound cliched, but what a long, strange, trip it's been.

Denis

• Global Moderator
« Reply #173 on: March 01, 2011, 14:46:25 »

You can use any joystick, provided that it is recognized by Windows.

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #174 on: March 01, 2011, 15:12:31 »

You can use any joystick, provided that it is recognized by Windows.

Can you use... two joysticks then?   !:)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines