Hello Guest April 20, 2024, 03:04:25 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Ship Sim Control Unit?  (Read 81980 times)

larsdehaan

Re: Ship Sim Control Unit?
« Reply #125 on: November 05, 2010, 18:09:19 »

ill get it from a site in the uk then.....

Denis

• Global Moderator
« Reply #126 on: November 05, 2010, 18:24:14 »

Hi Larsdehaan,

Can you please tell me which site ?  :)

PI48895

• Forum member
« Reply #127 on: November 05, 2010, 18:39:31 »

I have just had a message from Robert at First Class Simulations.  They will cover orders in Europe until Aerosoft is up and running.

http://www.firstclass-simulations.biz/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=SHIPDR

larsdehaan

« Reply #128 on: November 05, 2010, 18:41:15 »

i wonder what the shipping costs are

PI48895

• Forum member
« Reply #129 on: November 05, 2010, 20:36:20 »

Aren't all of you Europeans just a stones throw from England?  ;D

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #130 on: November 05, 2010, 20:37:48 »

Aren't all of you Europeans just a stones throw from England?  ;D

21 miles from Calais  ;D

larsdehaan

« Reply #131 on: November 06, 2010, 09:37:04 »

and then from calais to me.... luckly i live in one of the lower parts

Dustybin

• Forum member
« Reply #132 on: December 07, 2010, 15:43:47 »

I bought the one from PI Engineering and its C**P. None of the controls work in precission steering and in the other mode the throttles float and engine control and thruster control is impossible. I contacted PI Engineering about it and no help at all, just an email saying it might be a "faulty unit" and to contact the retailer. DONT BUY IT

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #133 on: December 07, 2010, 16:17:38 »

I don't want to burst Dan's business here, but the Ship Control Unit is being sold at FS shop for 213 euro.  They have based their price on 299 USD, if you wait a little more untill the Euro get's up in value you might get it even cheaper if our Irish friends don't let us down ;). But as with any other stock business, that's pure gambling..  ;D

« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 16:23:56 by Ballast »
It's the crew that makes the difference

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #134 on: December 07, 2010, 17:10:41 »

No worries mate, considering the fact that advertising and product promotion on a commercial level is normally not even allowed, I reckon Dan's got more than enough leeway for you to also talk about the product that this topic was originally about anyway.  ;)

Regards,
Fred
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 18:15:52 by Mad_Fred »

PI48895

• Forum member
« Reply #135 on: December 07, 2010, 17:55:15 »

I bought the one from PI Engineering and its C**P. None of the controls work in precission steering and in the other mode the throttles float and engine control and thruster control is impossible. I contacted PI Engineering about it and no help at all, just an email saying it might be a "faulty unit" and to contact the retailer. DONT BUY IT

Dustybin, we are willing to work with you to support the ShipDriver, but we need some more information.  You can post it here, send me a PM, or reply to the tech. 

1) Which version of ShipSim are you using?
2) Have you attempted to calibrate the unit in Windows Control Panel Game Controller settings?

Again, sorry you are having trouble, but if you are willing to work with us we will support the product.

PI48895

• Forum member
« Reply #136 on: December 07, 2010, 17:56:38 »

No worries mate, considering the fact that advertising and product promotion on a commercial level is normally not even allowed, I reckon Dave's got more than enough leeway for you to also talk about the product that this topic was originally about anyway.  ;)

Regards,
Fred

Was this thread originally about the Wilco unit?  Oops.  :-[

PI48895

• Forum member
« Reply #137 on: December 07, 2010, 18:00:55 »

I don't want to burst Dan's business here, but the Ship Control Unit is being sold at FS shop for 213 euro.  They have based their price on 299 USD, if you wait a little more untill the Euro get's up in value you might get it even cheaper if our Irish friends don't let us down ;). But as with any other stock business, that's pure gambling..  ;D

No worries, Ballast.  It is what it is.  I have nothing bad to say about the Wilco.  I have tested it and it's a fine piece of hardware with different features from the ShipDriver. 

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #138 on: December 07, 2010, 18:15:20 »

Dustybin, we are willing to work with you to support the ShipDriver, but we need some more information.  You can post it here, send me a PM, or reply to the tech.  

We allow you to do some advertising and promotion, but please do take care of your own customer support via your own channels and not the public shipsim forum boards.

You're getting a lot of leeway that people with other commercial products will never get here. And even more so, most advertisers are banned for doing what you're doing.

Since you sell a product that is very relevant to the game and that our members might very much enjoy, there is an understanding about this, but please don't use this forum to take care of problems that your customers have with a faulty unit, or something like that. That's not what we're here for, I am afraid. This sends the wrong message to others as well I think. So kindly use your own private channels (pm's are fine) for those.

Cheers!

Kind Regards,
Fred

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #139 on: December 07, 2010, 18:17:45 »

A few days ago the Ship Console was being sold at half price on the SimWare website  :o
People who missed that must be kicking themselves!

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #140 on: December 07, 2010, 18:22:48 »

Not really..  :P

It still lacks the same possibilities that mine has.. and I only paid 50 euros for parts.  ;D

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #141 on: December 07, 2010, 18:26:26 »

A few days ago the Ship Console was being sold at half price on the SimWare website  :o
People who missed that must be kicking themselves!

Simw sells the SCU with SSE for 349 euro and without SSE for 390 euro..  :doh:
It's the crew that makes the difference

PI48895

• Forum member
« Reply #142 on: December 07, 2010, 22:28:23 »

We allow you to do some advertising and promotion, but please do take care of your own customer support via your own channels and not the public shipsim forum boards.

You're getting a lot of leeway that people with other commercial products will never get here. And even more so, most advertisers are banned for doing what you're doing.

Since you sell a product that is very relevant to the game and that our members might very much enjoy, there is an understanding about this, but please don't use this forum to take care of problems that your customers have with a faulty unit, or something like that. That's not what we're here for, I am afraid. This sends the wrong message to others as well I think. So kindly use your own private channels (pm's are fine) for those.

Cheers!

Kind Regards,
Fred

Point taken, Mad_Fred.  Sorry, guys.   :-[ 
This is not a tech support forum.   We have conventional channels for tech support and I am always available via PM.
I do appreciate you all allowing me to chat amongst you.  I enjoy the camaraderie and you are a fun group of guys.  - Dan

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #143 on: December 07, 2010, 22:36:32 »

No problem at all, Dan!

You meant well and were looking to help someone, that's never a bad thing as such!  :thumbs:

And you're of course very welcome here! Good to have you aboard.  :thumbs:

Fred

Marijan

• Forum member
« Reply #144 on: December 08, 2010, 22:15:28 »

I have SCU and it is OK. But real thing would be controller for azipod. Does anyone know anything which is similar to azipod controller?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 22:17:18 by Marijan »

Dustybin

• Forum member
« Reply #145 on: December 21, 2010, 13:34:08 »

I have bought the Ships Driver control unit and have been having problems. Although PI Engineering have contacted me and determined a faulty unit the UK Agent has not and they cannot be contacted now. My advice is NOT TO BUY IT. Go for the more expensive one on SimWare >:(

• Forum member
« Reply #146 on: December 21, 2010, 14:12:22 »

I have bought the Ships Driver control unit and have been having problems. Although PI Engineering have contacted me and determined a faulty unit the UK Agent has not and they cannot be contacted now. My advice is NOT TO BUY IT. Go for the more expensive one on SimWare >:(

What kind of problems?
My New Favorite Ship Is The Zilver :D
2000  "Virtual - Safety Training & Education Platform"
This Game Is Epic

Atlantis05

• Forum member
« Reply #147 on: December 21, 2010, 16:35:18 »

I´ve got both control-units on board with me.. both work... even if I had some issues with both of them.. also both Firms reacted very fast und comfortable helpfull without much difficulties... both issues were solved quite uncomplicated... and to get things complete, both controlls are totally different!  :angel:

The Wilco Unit is very... realistic (even our captain uses it in his spare time when not piloting the big boat  :doh:). The rudder lever is very exact and the feeling of the whole unit (its controlls, its behavior, its lights, its buttons and even the way they are positioned) simply is "realistic"! It´s really a good feeling  :thumbs:

The PI Unit is very versatile.. the throttle levers are ok, the steering wheel is a very good solution to fit most wheel- or lever-steered boats, the bow- and rearthruster are controlled "a bit analog" (wich means those really are analog controlls, also the have only a minimal steeringway, nearly like switches.. but with a little pratice is works  ::) ) The buttons are, well, ok. I would say they do their job. All together it looks and feels a bit like a childs toy.. although not a cheap one (and I do not mean the price)  ;)

In both cases there are quite a lot of buttons wich are not usefull to SSE,... due to SSE not beeing able to assign so much buttons or the designated functions the perform.

When sailing the azimuth-boats I would give the Wilco Unit a Point for better "realistic feeling"... (even, if especially the cruseship does not behave like it should.. wich is a SSE issue, the azimuths are not placed under the bow - even if she behaves so  :doh:)...

The Freedom 90 is a typical candidate for the PI-Unit earning a point.. the bow thruster beeing controlled by the analog steerings.. also it fits or is possibly made to fit most boats (with a little fantasie  :angel:).

Nore me, nore my colleags aboard the Poseidon not even the captain were able to decide wich one is the "more playful" one,.. the result is a lot of pluging in and out and a lot of reassigning buttons and controlls in the optionsmenue in SSE (due to it not beeing able to make differences between the two units) and.. of course a lot of fun!

But to conclude.. nobody want´s to miss the units any more ...

Holger

Dustybin

• Forum member
« Reply #148 on: December 21, 2010, 16:36:08 »

It cannot be calibrated. The throttles and thrusters are not contolable( they are continually increasing and decreasing revs) this makes the ship not react as it should do.  PI Engineering have helped and confirmed its the unit is faulty, but the UK agent has done nothing but make broken promises. I'm looking my money back.

Dustybin

• Forum member
« Reply #149 on: December 21, 2010, 16:39:50 »

As I said its a faulty unit. PI have been of help, but First Class Sim have not.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines