Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 10:37:55 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Damage  (Read 15608 times)

krytsch

• Forum member
Re: Damage
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2010, 23:56:10 »

Then we'll just have kids pretending to shoot each other.

Well spoken!

Riddip

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2010, 11:13:03 »

I would like to have some classic warships, even if you can't use the weapons (the HMS Dreadnought or Bismarck for example). You could easily think about some peaceful missions like rescue/training missions, even if they are not historically correct. Or bringing a new replica ship to a museum or something like that 8-)

clanky

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2010, 11:42:48 »

New (and classic) warships would actually give the game something different in terms of ship handling as well.

A warship handles very differently to a container ship or oil tanker.

pdpx7

• Forum member
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2010, 21:31:05 »

Thats an amazing idea and whoever says that isnt is just a.. :evil:.. well you know what they are.
Dude go buy the board game battleship its sooooo awesome ;) HAHAHAHAHAHAH ; ;D

Buzinga!

klmmicro

• Forum member
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2010, 16:25:56 »

New (and classic) warships would actually give the game something different in terms of ship handling as well.

A warship handles very differently to a container ship or oil tanker.

Indeed they do!  I have piloted a Belknap class cruiser.  at 25+ knots cruising, you have to be on your toes.  Ships like this cut through the water, instead of forcing through.  These ships exist on the open ocean, why not include them?  I know people are anti war and all that, so make the guns "non functioning".  To be able to form a battle group underway with multiple players would be awesome.

pdpx7

• Forum member
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2010, 23:49:39 »

To be able to form a battle group underway with multiple players would be awesome.
  :thumbdown: No it really wouldnt because there is alot of us that enjoy simulating voyages not war. :thumbdown:

Buzinga!

McGherkin

• Forum member
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2010, 17:34:48 »

He means a formation. I can't see anything wrong with that, it's just a way of showing off that the navies do. :captain:

Can go wrong though...

Almost never here, try here.

sonarman

• Forum member
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2010, 10:02:03 »

Whilst I don't think warships would fit well in SSE perhaps VStep are missing a trick here, why not use the Ship Sim engine to develop a seperate game in the same way that Microsoft did with the Flight Simulator and Combat Flight Simulator series we could have the maritime equivalent. Instead of full walkthroughs of vessels you would have jump to station commands for speed of play during combat and scenery (ports) would not need to be to the same complexity level as SSE. When you consider that the Silent Hunter series has sold 3x the amount of units that the Shipsim series has it might be a good move and provide more resources for the development of SSE itself.

As a subsim.com member of many years standing I know that there are two main things naval sim fans are crying out for: a surface based ww2 first person fleet sim (basically an updated Microprose TF1942) and a game that allows multiplayer games between submarines and destroyers in WWII Pacific & Atlantic theatres. At the moment it does look like Ubi is sadly about to abandon the Silent Hunter series which could provide a huge opportunity for a small developer such as VStep to capture the subsim market.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 10:11:38 by sonarman »

klmmicro

• Forum member
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2010, 13:50:03 »

He means a formation. I can't see anything wrong with that, it's just a way of showing off that the navies do. :captain:

Thank you.  Yes, a formation is what I was speaking of.  Having actually spent time in a group underway, I can attest that it is impressive and requires a great amount of coordination.  Almost every navy in the world practices it.

pdpx7, I understand what you are saying.  There are a lot of people that would like to be able to do it.

shipboy1313

• Forum member
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2010, 01:32:31 »

im not against frank at all its just that im saying that he prob had the idea of the fire.. i think that is a little violent for a ship game... come on people! doesnt at least 1 person understand me?

shipboy1313

• Forum member
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2010, 01:37:11 »

ya dont put this on frank at all. the fire in this game and mostly all others are purely accidents as ShipAddict said. Franks idea of having a fire has no intentions of violence but to add more action to really take this game to the extreme..                                 

who ever said that is saying the truth..

deltaecho

• Forum member
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2010, 02:17:47 »

ya dont put this on frank at all. the fire in this game and mostly all others are purely accidents as ShipAddict said. Franks idea of having a fire has no intentions of violence but to add more action to really take this game to the extreme..                                 

who ever said that is saying the truth..
that would be me  ;D

deltaecho

• Forum member
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2010, 02:24:03 »

sorry guys! but frank did say he is consitering on putting pirates on the game.. and if you think voilense is bad for this game, then why do you think theres a campain for a cruise ship and it lights on fire!!! thats pretty violent!!! worse than a torpedo attack! so dont be so mad at me for having the thought.......  :( be mad at frank from vstep cause i think he had the idea of the fire thing sooo dont get mad at me for the thought.. get mad at frank than me if its such a bad idea. gosh :'(
also going back to your original post......why dont you read through it carefully. thats pretty pathetic

McGherkin

• Forum member
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2010, 09:35:20 »

There are ship fires every day - it's not that unusual. However, it is much more likely to happen than, say, a terrorist incident.

I see what you mean by the fire being violent, in as much as it can kill people, but there are already missions where you have to rescue drowning people from sinking ships. It may not be nice, but it happens in real life and therefore belongs in the simulator.

theres a campain for a cruise ship and it lights on fire!!! thats pretty violent!!! worse than a torpedo attack!

I assure you, it isn't. HMS Ocean has fires on a regular basis and she hasn't sunk yet.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 09:41:29 by McGherkin »
Almost never here, try here.

• Forum member
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2010, 21:04:34 »

There should be failures to inturments and things.
My New Favorite Ship Is The Zilver :D
2000  "Virtual - Safety Training & Education Platform"
This Game Is Epic

deltaecho

• Forum member
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2010, 21:15:15 »

There should be failures to inturments and things.
that would be pretty cool. like in fsx where you can change the realism settings for failures and stuff

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2010, 21:29:06 »

That is, for sure, not going to happen. Why on earth would a nautical institute buy Nautis when ShipSim has the same possibilities for 1/10 of the price?  ;)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 21:30:37 by Ballast »
It's the crew that makes the difference

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2010, 21:41:39 »

I would not be happy if it was an automatic setting where it makes part of the equipment fail.

Cant think of anything worse, I just want to dock nicely in a port and automatically I get a ship wide power failure  >:(   lol!

dodweb

• Forum member
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2010, 23:29:19 »

I love having all the failiures activated and randomly happening in FSX, would surely add to the experience when ships get more advanced than they are todays shipsim.

• Forum member
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2010, 13:43:32 »

That is, for sure, not going to happen. Why on earth would a nautical institute buy Nautis when ShipSim has the same possibilities for 1/10 of the price?  ;)

Well, it dosent because SS it is not support a intructor station. But, it is like SSE.
My New Favorite Ship Is The Zilver :D
2000  "Virtual - Safety Training & Education Platform"
This Game Is Epic

pdpx7

• Forum member
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2010, 17:23:45 »

I think it is a bad move because then we will have people "playing" "cops 'n' robbers" and disrupting people like me that like to simulate tugs and that kind of stuff. We will also have people self appointing themselves harbormasters and military which I think is annoying. I don't mean to sound like I'm completely against it because I'm not. I just don't want people to abuse it.

Buzinga!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines