Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 12:54:26 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Damage  (Read 15609 times)

shipboy1313

• Forum member
Damage
« on: July 02, 2010, 20:59:27 »

Dont you think the game should have a torpedo get launched at you and you have to evacuate the ship/boat when you start to sink??!   :captain:

Shipaddict

• Forum member
Re: Damage
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 21:19:47 »

Not really.

If you want torpedos and other war weapons like that get Silent Hunter, I believe that's a game for warfare.

shipboy1313

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 03:44:00 »

true but it would be more real and cool all in one game :)

VirtualSkipper

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 14:10:18 »

What if, we could have a specific server in SSE for this?

I mean, 1 or more servers where warfare is allowed to shoot and torpedoe eachother.  :)
Not on other servers.
"There is a plaque laid next to the remnants of the Titanic which reads, "Only Chuck Norris is unsinkable"

whitestarline1912

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2010, 14:38:23 »

i would love war machines. but when i had that idea everyone got mad at me and didnt think it was a good idea >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

shipboy1313

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2010, 05:33:41 »

Thats an amazing idea and whoever says that isnt is just a.. :evil:.. well you know what they are.

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2010, 15:46:51 »

Close your eyes, use your imagination and go back in time, let's say around the year 1915
You're on a hospital ship (HMHS Lusitania Brittanic) and a German U-Boat torpedoes your ship.
You're in the icy water.
Got my drift?
So, if you like war games, buy one. Or even better, join the navy and go for the real thing.
 :thumbdown:
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 16:28:36 by Aad The Pirate »
Feel free to have a look @: http://members.chello.nl/a.vermeulen14/

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2010, 17:20:47 »

I totally agree with you Aad. War at sea is not appropriate to this game. Thank goodness Vstep do not intend to bring that into the game.
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

Firestar

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2010, 00:12:17 »

Thats an amazing idea and whoever says that isnt is just a.. :evil:.. well you know what they are.
I think you'll find that you're greatly outnumbered..

VirtualSkipper

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2010, 14:57:18 »

I think I'll be stepping back to Silent Hunter for the time being
"There is a plaque laid next to the remnants of the Titanic which reads, "Only Chuck Norris is unsinkable"

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2010, 17:16:59 »

I think I'll be stepping back to Silent Hunter for the time being

Bye Bye  :evil:

matt5674

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2010, 17:31:23 »

War is considered a terrible solution. SSE is not Ship Sinking Extreme, None of the vessels in Ship Simulator Extremes are war vessels, though there are Naval vessels, they are not warships, and the only thing in the game is the Water cannon system to extinguish fires. Aad The Pirate and Traddles are correct. This stuff is inappropriate.

(Side note to Aad's example: the Lusitania was a passenger ship when she was torpedoed. Britannic was the Hospital Ship)

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2010, 17:41:56 »

(Side note to Aad's example: the Lusitania was a passenger ship when she was torpedoed. Britannic was the Hospital Ship)
My mistake, sorry. I was mixing up the Mauritania with the Lusitania. Indeed the Lusitania was a passenger Ship. The Mauretania was at some time during WW I (aka The Great War) servicing as HMHS Mauretania. Lucky enough she was spared from torpedoes.

shipboy1313

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2010, 05:41:48 »

sorry guys! but frank did say he is consitering on putting pirates on the game.. and if you think voilense is bad for this game, then why do you think theres a campain for a cruise ship and it lights on fire!!! thats pretty violent!!! worse than a torpedo attack! so dont be so mad at me for having the thought.......  :( be mad at frank from vstep cause i think he had the idea of the fire thing sooo dont get mad at me for the thought.. get mad at frank than me if its such a bad idea. gosh :'(

McGherkin

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2010, 09:49:53 »

Fire is accidental. Military combat is deliberate use of violent tactics.

There may be pirates, but I bet they won't be player vessels.

Almost never here, try here.

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2010, 18:36:23 »

sorry guys! but frank did say he is consitering on putting pirates on the game.. and if you think voilense is bad for this game, then why do you think theres a campain for a cruise ship and it lights on fire!!! thats pretty violent!!! worse than a torpedo attack! so dont be so mad at me for having the thought.......  :( be mad at frank from vstep cause i think he had the idea of the fire thing sooo dont get mad at me for the thought.. get mad at frank than me if its such a bad idea. gosh :'(
That's some heavy accusations against Frank. A cruise ship which is on fire has nothing, and i really mean nothing, to do with violence (I think that's what you mean when you use the word voilense).
BTW, don't you have a spell checker installed on your machine?

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2010, 18:47:54 »

Fires at sea are accidents (With perhaps a few exceptions I'm sure).

A bunch of mad pirates speeding towards your ship is not an accident, and could be a right pain on multiplayer.

deltaecho

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2010, 19:40:55 »

ya dont put this on frank at all. the fire in this game and mostly all others are purely accidents as ShipAddict said. Franks idea of having a fire has no intentions of violence but to add more action to really take this game to the extreme

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2010, 22:50:18 »

ya dont put this on frank at all. the fire in this game and mostly all others are purely accidents as ShipAddict said. Franks idea of having a fire has no intentions of violence but to add more action to really take this game to the extreme
Hear, Hear !!!  :2thumbs:  :2thumbs:

Firestar

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2010, 23:19:06 »

Who said it was Franks idea? Honestly... Simply put, this game is a simulation, not a war game.. maybe people should use the search function and they'll find that every other thread on this subject has almost the exact same direction/content.

deltaecho

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2010, 04:42:43 »

Who said it was Franks idea? Honestly... Simply put, this game is a simulation, not a war game.. maybe people should use the search function and they'll find that every other thread on this subject has almost the exact same direction/content.
true, i dont know if it was franks idea but i was just using that to reply to the post that was saying it was franks fault

action123456789

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2010, 15:52:55 »

vstep is more child safe look at virtual salingsim they have guns and stuff then again they have been trying to steal the market from vstep for years

Firestar

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2010, 15:59:32 »

They won't though.. I don't care what anyone says, Virtual Sailor is not a simulator.

(PS.. I'm not biased against Virtual Sailor, I bought it myself, but what I said was true..)

larsdehaan

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2010, 16:15:45 »

everbody on this forum has something against warships even against a liberty class transport ship warship has something in it and that is ship and now there are navy vessels in sse if they make the guns turnable but not fireable are you happy then? :thumbdown: >:(

McGherkin

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2010, 18:45:43 »

Then we'll just have kids pretending to shoot each other.
Almost never here, try here.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines