Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 14:50:21 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Are the ships from Whale Wars in SSE?

Yes
- 14 (35.9%)
No
- 25 (64.1%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are the ships from Whale Wars in SSE?  (Read 18944 times)

freeciv

• Forum member
Re: Are the ships from Whale Wars in SSE?
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2010, 02:20:34 »

Even though they are fighting for the same cause Greenpeace and Sea Shepard's don't like each other at all. So Greenpeace would get angry at V-Step if they incorporated Sea Shepard in to the game. Granted it's possible to get Sea Sheppard in to the game it's very unlikely.
Gone fishing            Thanks pdpx7 for the great sig!

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2010, 07:07:56 »

As stated before, it was not Greenpeace's decision.
It was VSTEP who choose to include Greenpeace ships in their game.
There was never a contract signed to keep one or the other out of the game.

So if VSTEP in the future decided to include an add-on of one Sea Shepherd Ship then they could if they wanted!
I don't think Greenpeace would get angry though, as that would just be bringing silly politics into an entertainment PC game  :doh:
I know Virtual Sailor is different... But it has both Greenpeace ships AND Sea Shepherd ships in game.
I don't see Greenpeace going mad and making a lawsuit against the creators of Virtual Sailor and the makers of the models! :doh:

Only time will tell, but I'm sure to please many players it might well be a possibility.  :)
I wouldn't say "incorporate" them into the game though...  As Greenpeace are the main subject at the moment. But putting one Sea Shepherd ship in the shipyard at a later date would probably be the best thing. So then you only buy and download it if you want it, and if you don't then that wouldn't be a problem you can just keep the Greenpeace ships!

Kind Regards

Matthew  :thumbs:
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 07:12:42 by Matthew Brown »

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2010, 07:56:02 »

Keep in mind though, there is a huge ammount of real-life maritime professionals that play this game.

And one of the two organisations in question do things that most real mariners would never agree with, as it is not good/smart seamanship and even puts ships and crew at great risk, on both sides of the fence.

So as such, it might not sell very well. And if you knew how much time and money it costs to develop a ship and put it up for sale in the shipyard, then you can imagine that you have to have a certain return on it. And you have to feel certain beforehand that it will pay for it's own development and then make some profit too.

If it doesn't, it's not a smart move, business wise. And in the end, everyone needs to pay their rent and eat their dinner. I personally would think more money would be made by putting ships on the shipyard that speak to a much broader audience, with more versatility and more revolving around the maritime sector as far as cargo ships and such go.

And keep in mind, you can't really do anything with a Sea Shepard vessel that you can't already do with a Greenpeace vessel. So it would not make for really radically different mission ideas. Except for those that are so much into the environmental issues that they'd make that distinction. And alas, that's only a very small part of the end user group.

I bet most sailors and skippers here would opt for cargo vessels of many kinds, different ferries, inland shipping, and such.

So from that standpoint, I don't think it would happen easily either.

Regards,
Fred

larsdehaan

« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2010, 16:37:46 »

did greenpeace say they arent happy if ss gets in sse? maybe they are happy,(so you all want that whales die???) and if you dont want to sail them then dont use them

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2010, 17:05:03 »

Well I don't think Greenpeace have ever made a statement saying they would be unhappy as after all as I said it would just be silly to bring that into a game.

And your quite right Laars, if people don't want to use a Sea Shepherd ship they don't have to.
That's why I thought it to be a good idea if it was just a shipyard vessel.
Then only the people who really wanted to sail them would purchase it and have fun!
 :thumbs:

Subwolf

• Forum member
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2010, 11:06:20 »

Matthew Brown, keep in mind that some people look at Sea Shepherd as a criminal organization, their leader will be arrested if he enters certain countries. I'm getting kind of tired of your Sea Shepherd agenda on these boards.

The best thing to avoid flaming is to ban discussions about them, as they do on many other forums. And it certainly wouldn't be a good idea to let them become part of computer games.

larsdehaan

« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2010, 14:31:23 »

well ill say it again (norway did whale too right?) DO YOU WANT WHALES TO DIE?? (all) it is good and bad what ss does they fight for  the whales but they do bad things
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines