Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 14:38:50 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Are the ships from Whale Wars in SSE?

Yes
- 14 (35.9%)
No
- 25 (64.1%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Are the ships from Whale Wars in SSE?  (Read 18943 times)

Sjoerd92

• Forum member
Re: Are the ships from Whale Wars in SSE?
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2010, 17:09:35 »

Is it possible to sail the japanese ships?
Besides the fact what they stand for, I think they're beautiful.

Im against whaling but.
I hope that the japanese whaling vessel are playable too for online.
That the Esperanza is blocking the nisshin maru.
And you have to manoeuver the Kyo Maru.
Between the Nisshin maru and the esperanza to make the whale transfer

MVEsperanza

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2010, 17:23:08 »

that does sound very cool even though im against whaling but im sure greenpeace would never alow it

NiElS

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2010, 10:06:09 »

What has greenpeace have to do with allowing vstep to put sea shepherd ships in a game, yes or no :-\
...the hell...?

They're even sailing under a dutch flag.
Really this is ridiculous
If it sinks, you need to fix it ;)

jaffe o

• Forum member
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2010, 13:11:33 »

i have the idea that not many japanes gamers are gonna buy ship simulator extremes.

mvsmith

« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2010, 13:38:34 »

What has greenpeace have to do with allowing vstep to put sea shepherd ships in a game, yes or no :-\
...the hell...?

They're even sailing under a dutch flag.
Really this is ridiculous

The presence of the Greenpeace ships in SSE is only with the permission of that organization. If they are unhappy with their negative characterization in some of these posts, that permission might be withdrawn.
Other topics have been locked because they degenerated into arguments. This topic may suffer the same fate.

MVEsperanza

• Forum member
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2010, 18:24:47 »

What are they gonna do Ban SSE in Japan lol, woulnt it be funny to see a whaler try and rune his own ship lol

NiElS

• Forum member
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2010, 18:50:51 »

The presence of the Greenpeace ships in SSE is only with the permission of that organization. If they are unhappy with their negative characterization in some of these posts, that permission might be withdrawn.
Other topics have been locked because they degenerated into arguments. This topic may suffer the same fate.

I'm sorry, but did you just copied and paste that from a standard quote document :police:
Really, that was pretty weird :lol:

Allright, but I understand opinions can't be said for some reason. I'm cool.
If it sinks, you need to fix it ;)

• Forum member
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2010, 13:37:46 »

This game is a simulation game.

And not a enviromental 'I want to save the planet by ramming other ships' game.

The only thing I care about are the ships included and what they can offer us.

Not about anything being offensive biceaus this game has nothing to do with social or political conflicts.

It is not all about that. :)
My New Favorite Ship Is The Zilver :D
2000  "Virtual - Safety Training & Education Platform"
This Game Is Epic

Twistedlordi

• Forum member
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2010, 18:28:19 »

if we want to talk about sailing the japanese ships, go to my poll on the main SSE part of the forums and vote

Bears Escape

• Forum member
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2010, 15:39:33 »

Well heres my first post.

I am against whaling. I am probably the only 15 yr old who know's who Sea Shepard is or Paul Watson. Atleast in PA. When I did see I think the Yushin Maru I thought SS was going to be in there. But as I see now they are not. I still want to see a mission dealing with the whalers which will be in the game most likely.

McGherkin

• Forum member
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2010, 15:42:25 »

Hi Bears Escape (Nice name :thumbs:)

There will be missions where Greenpeace will be tackling whalers. There are three GP vessels, Esperanza, Billy G., and Rainbow Warrior III.

SS's tactics were considered far too unseamanlike to be suitable for Ship Simulator.
Almost never here, try here.

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2010, 16:00:48 »

Yes there is only Greenpeace  :thumbs: I (we) do know all about Sea shepherd and I am a big a fan but to be honest when I see Greenpeace In Ship Simulator instead of Sea Shepherd, it's ok.
The main thing is that there IS actually Antartica in the game which is brill, both organiszations have the same objectives. And at the end of the day I don't mind sailing a few Greepeace ship. All in the name of whales

Kind Regards

Matthew  :thumbs:

jaffe o

• Forum member
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2010, 16:23:36 »

sea sheperd is more aggresive than greenpeace in sse is a PEACEFULL game.

Bears Escape

• Forum member
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2010, 16:28:56 »

I have to agree. As long as there is some way to stop the whaling in Ship Sim. And if SS isn't in there and Greenpeace is, I am not mad.

(And yes Bears Escape is what my ships name will be once I get one)  :captain:

mvsmith

« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2010, 17:06:30 »

The main thing is that there IS actually Antartica in the game which is brill

Antarctica is not in the game.
The Antarctic environment is a small piece of the Southern Ocean just south of the Antarctic Circle at about 67 degrees south, and about 175 km north of the continent of Antarctica.

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2010, 17:34:51 »

Yes, I know what the difference is. It's just easy for relating to it in a post.

Other wise I could have said

The main thing is that there IS actually the Antarctic  environment, a small piece of the Southern Ocean just south of the Antarctic Circle at about 67 degrees south, and about 175 km north of the continent  of Antarctica. in the game which is brill.   

That's why I just shortened it  :doh:

And besides I don't recall the Greenpeace base being built on a floating iceberg?  ???  It looked like it was on land to me.  ::)

mvsmith

« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2010, 19:57:38 »

Hi Matthew,

The real Greenpeace World Park Base was on Ross Island adjacent to the continent. In the game it is on a rocky island.

Regards,
Marty

jaffe o

• Forum member
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2010, 15:11:15 »

there will no sea sheperd ships in sse if v-step does not make a deal with sea shepherd because of the copyrights. you can't use a ship that is not yours.

PoRL

• Forum member
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2010, 20:06:38 »

I was looking forward to ramming the Andy Gil as well..!!
On my boat, the crew's job is to make the skipper look good!

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2010, 20:26:22 »

FAIL xD

mvsmith

« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2010, 21:12:34 »

That’s Ady Gill; she was scuttled by her own crew on Watson’s orders—to gain sympathy.

Captain Canuck

• Forum member
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2010, 02:15:48 »

After being rammed by the Nishin Maru...  I'm surprised one/both of the Captains involved didn't face some sort of legal repercussions over that incident. However, I suspect that too much talk about specific incidents will get the thread locked... 

there will no sea sheperd ships in sse if v-step does not make a deal with sea shepherd because of the copyrights. you can't use a ship that is not yours.
Sea Shepherd does not own the copyright on a fifty year old ship they bought second hand. The issue would be with trademark infringement not copyright, and the "fair use" of trademarks is much broader than the fair use of copyrights. As long as VSTEP accurately portrays the trademark owners and does not attempt to confuse the consumer regarding who owns the trademark, they are (should be) covererd by fair use. For example, I can't market a cell phone and call it an iPhone because Apple owns the iPhone trademark, and that would be an obvious attempt to confuse consumers. But if I wanted to write a novel or game where the main character uses an Apple iPhone there is not a thing Apple could do to stop me... as long as I correctly portrayed it as an Apple iPhone. Any lawsuit Apple wanted to file would be for libel or slander, not trademark infringement.

Consider FSX; there are multiple aircraft models for sale from third parties and it seems unlikely that all those companies obtained licenses from every aircraft manufacturer. But, the aircraft are modelled as accurately as possible and no attempt is made to confuse the consumer over who owns the trademark. It is also possible to download "skins" for various aircraft, so if I want to fly an Air Canada Airbus 320 or a Luthansa Boeing 747 I can likely do so. If the aim of FSX was to fly Air Canada Airbus 320s into skyscrapers I'm sure the lawyers at Air Canada and Airbus would take exception; because that does not accurately portray the use of their products.

Having said all that, the easiest thing for VSTEP to do is avoid all the lawyer nonsense and not even go there.

SS's tactics were considered far too unseamanlike to be suitable for Ship Simulator.
SS's tactics aside, what is "too unseamanlike to be suitable"?  Is manuevering that close suitable in rescue missions? Or supply-transfer missions? Can I make a "Police raid on Drug Smuggler" mission?

VSTEP's stance should be "we model what ships do". Nothing more, nothing less.

PoRL

• Forum member
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2010, 20:09:22 »

Ah, see the confusion there..... er.... ummm....  !:) The Andy Gil is an annoying speedboat that keeps getting in my way coming out of Gosport... er.....nothing to do with Whale Wars in any way... that's another boat altogether...(cough!)....!

::) (walks off whistling, and wondering if he got away with it...)

On my boat, the crew's job is to make the skipper look good!

Sea Shepherd

• Forum member
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2010, 22:26:55 »

Wonder if someone could mod The Sea Shepherd into SSE?????

cptnchris

• Forum member
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2010, 22:32:01 »

Nope  :-\
 First: For VSTEP to add a ship to SSE, they have to have permission from Sea Shepherd themselves. Anyways, modding the game would be illigal (i'm 95% sure). So the only option would be to have it as an addon. And I'm pretty sure this will not happen, because Greenpeace is already in game. Sorry  :thumbs:
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines