Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 17:50:01 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: question regarding watercannons  (Read 12236 times)

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
Re: question regarding watercannons
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2010, 17:19:06 »

Well yes that is certainly a possibility - but I just didn't want people to build up their hopes should it not quite be as amazing as people might expect :)
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2010, 20:40:13 »

In reality the type of lifeboat fitted to "Agile Solution" is launched (After all are safely aboard) by releasing the holding mechanism from inside the boat and then, Whoosh, the boat drops into the water like a bullet. No gentle lowering at all. I suspect all the crew have safety belts to secure themselves in the boat before launching.
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

02ian

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2010, 12:25:13 »

yeah... i remember seeing it on blue peter once (ages ago) they have those aircraft style seat belts with 4 straps that clip into a central mechanism from memory... however on some vessels the life boats are lanched by either a crane or davits... and that would be intresting to see... that said i'd like to see an animated small craft lifeboat... throw it over the side and pull the rope to make it inflate

(has anyone actually deployed one of these... i've installed a couple and it took 3 people to lift it onto the boat... and yet the instructions tell you to 'throw' them i can't even lift the thing (this was one of the small 4 person ones in the plastic container))

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2010, 15:10:29 »

The crew is indeed strapped down in their seats. The crew - except the driver - sits backwards in the boat.

The driver pumps with the hydraulic pump the pin out to raise the FFB out of the locking device. After that,the boats falls with the help of gravity in the water. I'm always a bit disoriontated after the boat hits the water.

We also have 3 liferafts with a capacity of 16 persons each, 2 of them can be lowered by crane but could also be thrown. There are, indeed, very heavy!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 15:15:49 by Ballast »
It's the crew that makes the difference
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines