Hello Guest September 20, 2024, 07:28:39 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Any news about SSE, VSTEP?  (Read 47695 times)

mvsmith

Re: Any news about SSE, VSTEP?
« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2010, 13:18:38 »

I'm still sticking with my initial thoughts, it seems a bit sketchy so far of whats going to be on and whats not.

I don't see why V-step cant give us what features will be in the game, and give a release date later.. No harm in that

If your speculation is true and VSTEP have nothing further to show or say, then why keep asking?
If Extremes has nothing much to offer, then why complain about delay in releasing something that won’t be worth buying?

Your exercise in childish psychology is unlikely to frighten VSTEP into diverting resources from the very difficult task of completing a major software project.
There is no good reason or obligation for VSTEP to provide any more information at this time, and many good reasons not to.

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #76 on: May 15, 2010, 13:27:39 »

There is no good reason or obligation for VSTEP to provide any more information at this time, and many good reasons not to.

I think 'fan community' is a very, very good reason.
It's the crew that makes the difference

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2010, 13:42:58 »

Well Q3 means July, August and September according to http://www.investopedia.com/terms/q/quarter.asp, so we can jump on false conclusions on each of them.

I hear that one players says July. Then, when July arrives he says August....oh...and August arrives and he suddenly says September...lol ;D

One thing, and that's a fact, Paradox Interactive says Q3..and those months are Q3 :D
Hopefully, when everything is tested, VSTEP should at least (for the sake of rumours and insane theories) announce the final date or final month for release.

FYI, I just wrote a headline on this one, here's my headline.http://www.skipssimulator.net/no/?p=792&lang=en

So it is all about...
Q3 :P

that's a Q3...

Nice car isn't it..? :P

Captain. Mitch

• Forum member
« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2010, 13:53:31 »

Well i don't see a reason to panic.

If it's possible, try to forget on the SS Extremes, i know it's hard to, but you must, pretend that it's not exisst, untill the moment when they realase it. Then you will se the videos and pictures of other players, the recomending too, so you'l decide if you want to buy it or no.

I think that's the only cure, i now it's hard, very, very hard, but thats the only way.
I'm concentrainting on other games, i don't think on the SSE or i'm just enjoying in SS2008. I recived all news so i can check if there is something, but i'm not concetradet on it, when it will be released, i'l wait one day to see what's in it, if it's good i'l order it, if it's not, i would not.

I hope it will be release trough the summer, because that's the best time to play simulators with Ships, and i will enejoy the most, in the school time it's hard to catch the computer games.

Kind regards.
Capt. Mitch.

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #79 on: May 15, 2010, 14:20:15 »

Eric, after you posted that I sent nice a PM to Frank, asking only one small tiny little question.  Still awaiting reply.
I think you'r answer is here

The coming weeks will see the introduction of a revamped Shipsim.com website, featuring all info related to the upcoming Ship Simulator Extremes game. The site will host many new community features, information about the exciting new game, as well as the option to pre-order Ship Simulator Extremes, so you can be among the first to try it out when it is released in August 2010.
                                                                                                         Eric

Wave Music

• Forum member
« Reply #80 on: May 15, 2010, 14:22:37 »

The coming weeks will see the introduction of a revamped Shipsim.com website  

Maybe months?
keep it gnarly

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #81 on: May 15, 2010, 14:25:35 »

Maybe months?
O YE OF LITTLE FAITH  ;D

mvsmith

« Reply #82 on: May 15, 2010, 14:29:49 »

I think 'fan community' is a very, very good reason.

When Extremes is released, the “fan community” can express its displeasure at being “kept in the dark” by simply not buying the product.

You can see in this topic the adverse reaction that VSTEP risks by nearly anything that they show:
http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,18733.msg253421.html#msg253421

The only real obligation VSTEP has to the “fan community” is to produce a superior product. They have taken a very bold step in order to accommodate many of the wishes of the users.

It is inevitable that, after release, there will be posts criticizing them for not including some feature, for including some feature that unnecessarily reduced frame rate, for taking too long to finish it, for rushing an untested game to market, for making it too difficult to use by changes to the GUI, etc.

Why invite similar criticism prior to release? The more that VSTEP shows, the louder the clamor for yet more.

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #83 on: May 15, 2010, 14:43:22 »

Hi All
Martys right it was the same for 2008 no matter what v-step do there will be people
will still moan so they can not win either way.
One thing I am sure of  not buying the game is only taking it out of the person not buying
he will miss out on the pleasure of having the best game in the series.
                                                                                             Eric

darkcapilla

• Forum member
« Reply #84 on: May 16, 2010, 00:42:00 »

I think that we should not wait that long to know something.. more
 hopefully on the 18th of may. :angel:

mvsmith

« Reply #85 on: May 16, 2010, 19:10:43 »

There has been some information on SSE that has been released, or at least has appeared in public, that I’ve not seen discussed here. Here are some quotes from a review by Jeff Haynes:

… Players can leave the wheel and wander the detailed ships, exploring the decks and operating onboard equipment. Actually, there are a couple of missions where you'll need to perform these tasks, such as launching lifeboats to save spies or using water cannons to repel illegal whalers.
Ship Simulator Extremes will come packed with a new ship editor, as well as online multiplayer so captains can perform co-op missions with friends. Visually, the game is striking, especially thanks to the new ocean system, which can render everything from calm seas to violent swells in a realistic manner.

This information dates from January 2010, so it does not necessarily reflect what is currently in the planned release.

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #86 on: May 16, 2010, 19:18:53 »

Thanks for that  :2thumbs:
Thats a bit of good news definitely  ;D

Here is the link:
http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/106/1062786p1.html
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 19:22:11 by Matthew Brown »

mvsmith

« Reply #87 on: May 16, 2010, 19:24:57 »

I’m curious:
I invite you all to quote two two-word phrases that you find the most interesting.

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #88 on: May 16, 2010, 19:31:59 »

I am sorry I don't understand?  ???

MVEsperanza

• Forum member
« Reply #89 on: May 16, 2010, 19:32:29 »

Now thats some great news and Ship Editor and Launching lifeboats and Watercannons YAY

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #90 on: May 16, 2010, 19:39:55 »

… launching lifeboats - using water-cannons  

Quoting like in this manner, Marty?
Feel free to have a look @: http://members.chello.nl/a.vermeulen14/

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #91 on: May 16, 2010, 19:43:09 »

operating equipment - -  ship editor

« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 19:52:26 by Matthew Brown »

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #92 on: May 16, 2010, 19:44:09 »

operating equipment.  co-op missions

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #93 on: May 16, 2010, 19:45:41 »

There has been some information on SSE that has been released, or at least has appeared in public, that I’ve not seen discussed here. Here are some quotes from a review by Jeff Haynes:

… Players can leave the wheel and wander the detailed ships, exploring the decks and operating onboard equipment. Actually, there are a couple of missions where you'll need to perform these tasks, such as launching lifeboats to save spies or using water cannons to repel illegal whalers.
Ship Simulator Extremes will come packed with a new ship editor, as well as online multiplayer so captains can perform co-op missions with friends. Visually, the game is striking, especially thanks to the new ocean system, which can render everything from calm seas to violent swells in a realistic manner.

This information dates from January 2010, so it does not necessarily reflect what is currently in the planned release.

Thanks for the info. This was info i was hoping for.

Tomaten

• Custom Mission Managers
« Reply #94 on: May 16, 2010, 19:48:06 »

This sounds awsome!
We're the cool group  8)
Tuuuuuuut Tuuuuuuuuuut!
Also known as Tomaten 2006 from the old Ship Simulator 2006 forum.[/c

Wave Music

• Forum member
« Reply #95 on: May 16, 2010, 19:52:03 »

floating cranes, SR.N4 hovercrafts

That's the most interesting I found, which wasn't mentioned.
keep it gnarly

Captain. Mitch

• Forum member
« Reply #96 on: May 16, 2010, 19:57:20 »

Oh how cool.

Launching lifeboats, it's a great idea, also the oceans, everithing wath they told is GREAT!

I knew that the timne we are waiting will be reward with a GREAT game.
Oh so cool, i can't wait.

Kind regards.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #97 on: May 16, 2010, 19:59:56 »

That's the most interesting I found, which wasn't mentioned.

Could well be for the most obvious of reasons. ::)
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

Wave Music

• Forum member
« Reply #98 on: May 16, 2010, 20:05:14 »

I hope for a n00b to use a Ship Editor won't be like modeling a ship in 3ds Max.
keep it gnarly

--tractorman--

• Forum member
« Reply #99 on: May 16, 2010, 20:07:47 »

I hope for a n00b to use a Ship Editor won't be like modeling a ship in 3ds Max.

I managed it. Well it was a sinkable barge thingy
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines