Hello Guest April 24, 2024, 10:11:09 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sad disaster thats happening in the gulf of mexico not far from me..  (Read 6681 times)

austin14

this video of an oil spill in the gulf of mexico about 150 miles south of the port of new Orleans... luckily it hasent reached the texas coast yet cause im going off shore fishing this weekend

but the vid shows some cool firefighting vessel activities.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOvfVbkaNC4

matt5674

We already kind of know that already of the Oil Rig disaster for weeks.

Master Captain

• Forum member

yea and its not a spill anymore, its gushing from the ground at about 5000 barrels per day

austin14

yea i just like the video. and sorry i just found out about it today oddly enough. are they doing anything about it cause i heard they shut down fishing in some parts

Lanedre

• Forum member

I heard they are going to put this gigantic metal lid over the oil well and connect a hose to the lid and pump the oil on-board an oil tanker

Ballast

• Global Moderator

this video of an oil spill in the gulf of mexico about 150 miles south of the port of new Orleans... luckily it hasent reached the texas coast yet cause im going off shore fishing this weekend

but the vid shows some cool firefighting vessel activities.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOvfVbkaNC4

The largest oil spill since the Exxon Valdez, and you worry about your weekend fishing trip....  ::)
It's the crew that makes the difference

marcstrat

• Global Moderator

Yep,an oilspot the size of Belgium,is quit a spot.
O.K.Belgium is not so big,however look at the size and compair.
This will go together with loss of marinelife,and birdloss.
The only thing we can hope for that the leaking will be stopped soon,and that people can work together,during this disaster.
I hope for the best,and pray for the coasts of that area.
Marc
N

Ballast

• Global Moderator

It might even reach Belgium, and the rest of Europe, via the Gulfstream.
It's the crew that makes the difference

saltydog

• Forum member

After an Iranian imam declared that scantilly clad women were the cause of earthquakes, now this fool says God caused this disaster..
http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2010/05/rick_perry_god_oil_spill.php
He says: "God better have a good alibi"..  ( probably the most idiotic thing I've heard in a while..)

« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 21:26:46 by saltydog »

The Ferry Man

• Forum member

After scantilly clad women caused the Iceland volcano eruption, now God caused this disaster..
http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2010/05/rick_perry_god_oil_spill.php

Wait - how did Scantiliy Clad females cause the volcano eruption?

Well,for the religious people out there this is Gods Sandbox, he can technically do what he wants with it...

Just wait until 2012 when he runs out of Marmite...

[\hilarity and religion]

Seriously though, this is a big disaster, lets hope they get something figured out fast, before it gets any worse

Minime

• Forum member

some guys were at the door, wanting to make me believe in god and all that stuff, had a very hard time kicking them out, but after a while I managed, hopefully they learned the lesson and wont come bother me again.

thanks to Tore/TJK for this awesome sig

McGherkin

• Forum member

Well It's gonna take about 3 months so expect a hike in oil prices.

I gotta have a chat with my uncle about this, he should know a lot about it.
Almost never here, try here.

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member

Well It's gonna take about 3 months so expect a hike in oil prices.

I gotta have a chat with my uncle about this, he should know a lot about it.

Oil prices are already going up - there was even a talk of £1.50 a litre at forecourts by summer - before the disaster happened.

The biggest problem with fuel prices is that it's heavily taxed by the UK Government. And it wouldn't make any difference whoever win the election on Friday - the tax on fuel would still keep on climbing (and probably VAT increase as well), regardless of who will be in power.

OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC

McGherkin

• Forum member

Well try becoming a new driver. Astronomical fuel prices, ridiculous insurance cost and the general assumption that you are a street-racing pikey. That's what I've got to face. God knows what it'll be like for the next generation.

Anyway, this is going to be a huge ecological disaster. What have we done?

Minime

• Forum member

some guys were at the door, wanting to make me believe in god and all that stuff, had a very hard time kicking them out, but after a while I managed, hopefully they learned the lesson and wont come bother me again.
weird wrong topic, I was sure I posted it somewhere else...
Anyway to bring myself back on topic, this did shock me when I heard it a few days ago, hope they get it sorted soon. That thing with the dome or umbrella they want to put over the area sounds quite interesting, I wonder how that will go.

thanks to Tore/TJK for this awesome sig

Lanedre

• Forum member

Oil prices are already going up - there was even a talk of £1.50 a litre at forecourts by summer - before the disaster happened.

The biggest problem with fuel prices is that it's heavily taxed by the UK Government. And it wouldn't make any difference whoever win the election on Friday - the tax on fuel would still keep on climbing (and probably VAT increase as well), regardless of who will be in power.

I have already been paying around 13,20 NOK a litre (£1,43)for some months. I think that's enough. costs me about 620 NOK (£67,7) to fill the petrol tank on my 1,6 litre Golf :o

Sau

• Forum member

hehe. det stemmer det.
det må vere ufattelig dyrt for selskap som lever av bilkjøring, som pizzabaker eller dolly.
ikke for å tenke på lastebiler, som blir eid privat, men de får avgiftsfri

Tomaten

• Custom Mission Managers

hehe. det stemmer det.
det må vere ufattelig dyrt for selskap som lever av bilkjøring, som pizzabaker eller dolly.
ikke for å tenke på lastebiler, som blir eid privat, men de får avgiftsfri

Nu blev det nog fel språk? ;D

Wrong language? ;D
We're the cool group  8)
Tuuuuuuut Tuuuuuuuuuut!
Also known as Tomaten 2006 from the old Ship Simulator 2006 forum.[/c

The Ferry Man

• Forum member

Nu blev det nog fel språk? ;D

Wrong language? ;D

What did he say?

Tomaten

• Custom Mission Managers

Hehe - thats right.

And it most me very expensive for companys that uses cars alot, like pizzacars.
And truckers! but they got better price then "normal" persons.

Sometihng like that ;D
We're the cool group  8)
Tuuuuuuut Tuuuuuuuuuut!
Also known as Tomaten 2006 from the old Ship Simulator 2006 forum.[/c

The Ferry Man

• Forum member

That is indeed very true

McGherkin

• Forum member

Well it's hard these days for truckers to break even, in Australia I read that the road train truckers have to drive for ricidulous amounts of time non-stop to get paid enough, so some read a book, and some take speed (the drug)

Some of them are so stoned that they don't even know they've had a crash till they're pulled from the cab.  :thumbdown: Not Good.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines