Hello Guest April 30, 2024, 05:46:19 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is editing missions that were shipped with the Sim possible?  (Read 3121 times)

SONAM

• Forum member

I'm new to ShipSim2008 and I really enjoy using it very much!
I run ShipSim2008+New Horizons under windows 7 ultimate 32bit. It runs great, but if I start the mission editor and click "edit an existing mission", there is none to select (A list opens witn no items at all). Alternatively If I attempt to start the editor with such a mission loaded by doubleclicking the mission itself - after I have assosiated its file type with the editor - I get an error messase related to the "questviewer" (e.g. "questviewer run from the wrong directory") or something about the kind of the 'XLM' file or something like that.
Am I doing something wrong or those missions are just non user-editable?
All I'd like -for now- to be able to do, is to change the starting time of an existing mission.
Thanks,
Sonam

Usernme

• Forum member
Re: Is editing missions that were shipped with the Sim possible?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 15:18:17 »

Hi SONAM,
As it appears to me, you can only edit the missions found in the custom missions tab, and not the actual ranking missions VSTEP has provided.

mvsmith

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 15:48:12 »

Hi SONAM,

Yes, you can edit the supplied missions that you run via Play > Missions.
You can do so only for your own personal use. You must never Upload them or distribute them in any way.

The Missions Manual explains how to make those missions available to the Mission Editor. The Missions Manual and the Mission Editor tutorial can be downloaded from here:
http/forum.shipsim/com/forum/index.php/topic,2886.0.html
Regards,
Marty

You must register your serial key in your profile to get access to the support boards.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 13:05:38 by Traddles »

SONAM

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 15:58:05 »

So one cannot even change the starting time of an included-with-the-sim mission...
I had hoped that it was a matter of disabling some 'read-only' attribute for them provided missions to become editable...
Thanks Usernme

SONAM

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 16:00:19 »

Sorry mvsmith,
I just read your post

mvsmith

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2010, 16:19:19 »

I should add that tampering with missions just to change the time of day is discouraged because it goes against the creator’s intent.
If you have trouble seeing well enough, you should first try adjusting your monitor contrast & brightness.

Altered missions are no longer “official” missions; they do not contribute to your ranking.
It is our option to not provide support for altered missions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines