Hello Guest September 20, 2024, 13:44:11 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 42   Go Down

Author Topic: Patch time..  (Read 268858 times)

Lifeboat

• Forum member
Re: Patch time..
« Reply #500 on: September 04, 2007, 14:26:00 »

To be honest, i would just keep locking the threads down & then archive them for referance. Thats what i do if i get this sort of problem that keeps persiting. If threads like this get too out of hand, it starts to cause bad feeling across the forums, as members start to fall out. :(

Dont get me wrong, the mods here do a great job (esp on this thread) & i'm not knocking them at all :) I'm just saying what i may do in this case.
Lifeboats24-7...Leading International Maritime Search & Rescue Resource.With Forum,Gallery & much more. http://www.lifeboats24-7.com

santi_leal

• Forum member
« Reply #501 on: September 04, 2007, 15:42:09 »

Tha bad feeling you´re talking about is done because everybody is waiting a patch that doens´t appears. It´s not serious. It´s become a simple arcade game. Really a shame...
S. LEAL

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #502 on: September 04, 2007, 15:59:11 »

that bad feeling is because of a patch that delayed already 2 times, it don't surprices me if it delayes another week ::)

Monkey sailor

• Forum member
« Reply #503 on: September 04, 2007, 16:30:42 »

Yup , Delayed 2 weeks, why not another week?  :o But i still hope its coming on friday , i cant wait anymore  >:(
Monkey Sailor :D

Monkey sailor

• Forum member
« Reply #504 on: September 04, 2007, 16:35:29 »

Lol this is longiest topic in this forum! :P  50 pages of that topic ,if its delayed again..  ;D
Monkey Sailor :D

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #505 on: September 04, 2007, 17:17:50 »

well, i hope for them that it will release this week

mvsmith

« Reply #506 on: September 04, 2007, 17:40:52 »

ANYONE WANT SOME CHEESE TO GO WITH THERE WINE  ;D
Hard?

Ridders

• Forum member
« Reply #507 on: September 04, 2007, 18:15:25 »

Have a Gay Day!

MERLINXXX

• Forum member
« Reply #508 on: September 04, 2007, 18:22:46 »

Still photgraphing real ships down the harbour in the meantime....
Hurrah! ;D
I might live in a world of my own, but it's a helluva lot more fun than earth!

dragongfx

• Forum member
« Reply #509 on: September 04, 2007, 18:42:35 »

Okey listen up. The patch will be relased 24 december. it,s a christmas gift from VSTEP. 

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #510 on: September 04, 2007, 18:58:49 »

jokeman...

pmillett22

• Forum member
« Reply #511 on: September 04, 2007, 19:05:09 »

10 to 1 says once the patch is released a new topic on how great the patch is will beat this one. oh and by the way, will that horrible blue line in the titanic be fixed? and will the bow of the titanic when looking straight down  the anchor disappears and you can see the river/ocean underneath the ship bug be fixed?

Jazz

• Forum member
« Reply #512 on: September 04, 2007, 22:02:17 »

Woah, major improvement on the bridge! Looks quite freaking awsome!

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #513 on: September 04, 2007, 22:53:07 »

I'm expecting alot of people to critisize this, but it is the truth.

You got it ;) The truth is your perception only. If Vstep were only bothered about the money then they wouldn't be toiling away making the patch. They'd have abandoned the game.

My advice: Relax. Have a holiday. And a pint. You WILL feel better. And calmer.

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

matrixclese

• Forum member
« Reply #514 on: September 04, 2007, 23:47:17 »

Oh the memories, it was only 18 days ago when I was on this thread waiting for the patch to be released... How young and foolish i was to believe that it was going to be released when it was stated to be, and even more foolish to believe the 2 week time frame after that.

Will someone please pm me when the patch is going to be released? In the mean time I'm going to play a game that isnt broken. Later.

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #515 on: September 04, 2007, 23:53:48 »

The release date was always approximate, as has been mentioned on many occasions.  Pjotr posted this a few days ago:

Where did people get the idea that we were releasing the patch on aug 31?
In earlier posts we stated we met some unexpected bugs, so things were all delayed until further notice.
We now fixed this bug, finally. Tomorrow we will first make a Gold Master for the Benelux market.
Then we'll work on the 1.1 patch, but that needs to be tested as well for at least a few days.
So my current best estimate for the patch release is some time next week.
We don't want to give out specific dates any more because we don't know what comes up from the patch testing...
Trust me, we just want to do it as soon as possible, as there are many more things we need to work on, like multiplayer, an add-on pack with 2 historic tugs, other language versions of the game, a subscription service for new vessels, the patch for the old add-on pack, a professional training version of the game (mini bridge sim), etc.

Ship Simulator isn't broken and any issues are soon to be resolved, patience is all that is needed.

Regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

Dev

• Forum member
« Reply #516 on: September 04, 2007, 23:57:13 »

so whats the eta now? yes I am very exccited

fishlikelong

• Forum member
« Reply #517 on: September 05, 2007, 00:14:34 »

The will be released when it's released. I guess that's all we can say right now

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #518 on: September 05, 2007, 00:16:08 »

so whats the eta now? yes I am very exccited

As stated in my previous post, Pjotr posted 30 August and said sometime next week.  That makes it sometime this week (approximately) :)

Regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

Cloud

• Forum member
« Reply #519 on: September 05, 2007, 03:18:24 »

Hi DJM,

Ship Simulator isn't broken and any issues are soon to be resolved, patience is all that is needed.

Sorry can't help it....there's a great quote out there the author of which escapes me....

"hardware will break, and software comes broken"   :D

Cheers,

Cloud

Subwolf

• Forum member
« Reply #520 on: September 05, 2007, 08:27:39 »

You got it ;) The truth is your perception only. If Vstep were only bothered about the money then they wouldn't be toiling away making the patch. They'd have abandoned the game.

That's the last thing they would do, we know for a fact that there are a lot of errors in the original game. If they didn't do anything about it there would be a lot of people who wanted a refund.

But I guess Vstep is a small company, that's why they need all this time to get the product patched and fixed. I'm a member of the submarine simulator community, when Silent Hunter 4 was released about the same time we saw the first patch after just a couple of weeks, and now that game has been patched 3 times and is close to 100%. But Ubisoft is a bigger company, I know they got almost 40 people working on the game...we sent them all a present last Christmas ;)   

dej477

• Forum member
« Reply #521 on: September 05, 2007, 11:37:23 »

Ubisoft is a bigger company, I know they got almost 40 people working on the game...we sent them all a present last Christmas ;)   

What was it, an idiots guide to code? Seriously tho give vstep a break they are working on a patch which in itself is a good thing. I think secretly they are going for microsoft's record

Captain Kool

• Forum member
« Reply #522 on: September 05, 2007, 12:37:23 »

If Vstep were only bothered about the money then they wouldn't be toiling away making the patch. They'd have abandoned the game.

Technically, they have to release the patch too atleast add the save, and sinking feature as they had advertised it on the site even for a few days after the initial online version of the release, what I was ultimately saying was, they should have atleast delayed the game until they had the save and fire-fighting, multiplayer, and sinking fixed :]

But I am thankful they are adding in more features for free which is great of them. I suppose I'll edit my old post, as it was a bit harsh. :}

Thanks!

Tomcat1982

« Reply #523 on: September 05, 2007, 13:48:45 »

http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,955.msg9662.html#msg9662

Look, they had made a change in this Topic...the release ist there now announced with September...so I think there may be an other delay...

So it will be a suprise, what time the patch will be released.

Wout

• Forum member
« Reply #524 on: September 05, 2007, 14:26:07 »

Please take a look in the announcement section again... :D
Wout
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 42   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines