Hello Guest September 20, 2024, 13:26:15 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 42   Go Down

Author Topic: Patch time..  (Read 268850 times)

CubanSailor

• Forum member
Re: Patch time..
« Reply #475 on: September 03, 2007, 19:06:41 »

First the 19th, then the 31st, now...who knows when.

I've waited patiently for too long.

And I am NOT a happy customer.

Tomcat1982

« Reply #476 on: September 03, 2007, 19:16:53 »

Stop talking about wrong things...the 31st August was NEVER an Official Date for releasing the Patch...they (VSTEP) only said, that they need about two weeks longer... And SOMEBODY thought...okay...17th August plus two weeks is 31st August...the date of release...

Please don´t be a child all...just wait and you will see, when patch is coming!

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #477 on: September 03, 2007, 19:18:38 »

First the 19th, then the 31st, now...who knows when.

I've waited patiently for too long.

And I am NOT a happy customer.

You have a game you are too happy. Go find some bugs that they can fix and then you'll be happy.

Stew2000

• Forum member
« Reply #478 on: September 03, 2007, 19:32:58 »

doesn't matter where you go, you still have people moaning about patch release dates.
Happened with TDU, NFS and god knows how many other games. XD
Needs more Black Pig.

Captain Kool

• Forum member
« Reply #479 on: September 04, 2007, 05:08:27 »

They promised certain features for release but they released unfinished game early and left some features.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 12:40:58 by Captain Kool »

Captain Kool

• Forum member
« Reply #480 on: September 04, 2007, 05:12:28 »

Is fire-fighting even going to be included?

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #481 on: September 04, 2007, 06:22:57 »

Is fire-fighting even going to be included?

Was it ever suppose to? No it is ship simulator not fire fighter simulator.

Maik

• Forum member
« Reply #482 on: September 04, 2007, 07:47:55 »

If i'm correct there are fire fighting missions being added. BUT NOT IN THIS PATCH! Before everyone begins wining: WHy are there no fire fighting pathces someone said they would be in this patch.

The fire fighting missions also stand on the ss2008 website if I remember correct. But as I said not in this patch.

mvsmith

« Reply #483 on: September 04, 2007, 08:36:05 »

My opinion is, that they promised certain features for release, but they then thought 'stuff the customers we'll release the unfinished game early and we'll leave out some features for the moment' because they obviously care more about the money then the customers.
I don’t think your characterization of VSTEP’s attitude as “stuff the customer” is either accurate or fair. Their decision to meet commitments by releasing on schedule despite deficiencies—which they fully intend to correct—was a sensible one.
It is not a choice between customers or money. VSTEP needs both.
However, the fact is that they can always get customers eventually, as the problems are sorted.
But without revenue, they will not be able to produce that “perfect” product to offer customers.

Simply reading the wailing over a necessary delay in completing the patch should give you some idea of the tantrums that would have flooded this forum had VSTEP decided to delay the release of SS ’08 by six months or a year in order to ensure that it was entirely free of problems.

Do you want it right, or do you want it NOW?

I find it humorous that many—for whom English is the native tongue—claim that complex software can and should be delivered error free, yet they are not, themselves, able to produce a short post free of errors of spelling or grammar.

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #484 on: September 04, 2007, 08:41:04 »

ANYONE WANT SOME CHEESE TO GO WITH THERE WINE  ;D

Bob831

• Forum member
« Reply #485 on: September 04, 2007, 08:44:05 »

Good words mvsmith - I agree!!

If we waited for the perfect product we'd have never got Windows - now there's a thought!   :)

Stew2000

• Forum member
« Reply #486 on: September 04, 2007, 08:58:18 »

and windows had SP2. XD

you have 2 choices. make a game and control what you want to release. or sit in your chair and wait patiently for updates and addons.

I wonder if this thread will get to the 500 post mark :P
Needs more Black Pig.

Captain Kool

• Forum member
« Reply #487 on: September 04, 2007, 09:33:50 »

I'd rather a game that is complete rather then a game that is still a W-I-P! I'm not impatient, it's just my view of how things were done.

pmillett22

• Forum member
« Reply #488 on: September 04, 2007, 12:02:01 »

I'd rather a game that is complete rather then a game that is still a W-I-P! I'm not impatient, it's just my view of how things were done.

No game ever made was the perfect bug free game. Every game needed a patch or two. SH4 got 3. This game is complete. The patch is a W-I-P. And apparently they do care about the customers to delay a patch due to last minute problems or we would have more problems to deal with and bug the moderators and developers for another patch and get all upset again.  ::) ::) We have 4 days left in the week. The developers said it would be released sometime this week. I'm sure they won't work on weekends so expect the patch by friday.

shamen20

• Forum member
« Reply #489 on: September 04, 2007, 12:43:39 »

Well said ,
whats the point in having a patch that need a fix patch to fix the patch cos it was hurried out ?
sure it would be nice to use the patch pre release and testing it like some other software houses.
Most software houses release a patch without anouncments.
As far as i am concerned the patch is eagerly awaited but is here when its here

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #490 on: September 04, 2007, 12:50:12 »

sure it would be nice to use the patch pre release and testing it like some other software houses.

I presume by this you are referring to a Beta patch, yes?

The problem with this is that Beta testing is a long and complicated process and finding any issues can be a mission in itself ;)

Of course, there are also the further problems that could arise from Beta testing a patch, technical problems, complaints that the patch doesn't work correctly.  This would make fine-tuning the patch much more difficult with so many people testing it, and reporting all kinds of problems that may already be in the process of being resolved :)

Regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

Tomcat1982

« Reply #491 on: September 04, 2007, 13:00:22 »

Hehe...I think you all will dicuss the patch to death....

fishlikelong

• Forum member
« Reply #492 on: September 04, 2007, 13:01:54 »

Does anyone know if this patch will open up the Veranda and Palm Court Cafe on the Titanic because the sign did say "Opening Soon"

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #493 on: September 04, 2007, 13:07:13 »

Hehe...I think you all will dicuss the patch to death....

LOL, possibly....until release ;)

As an extra point for those who don't know, Beta testing has 3 types:

Developers Beta - Only the Developers would be involved with this.
Closed Beta - This is for selected individuals (I am involved with 2 of these at the moment).
Open Beta - This is when a developer decides to release a Beta to the general public.

Releasing an Open Beta is not something every developer likes to do.  Take a look at the many forums for Beta's that are available at the moment, some of the posts don't make pleasant reading at all :(

Regards.

DJM.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #494 on: September 04, 2007, 13:20:53 »

Does anyone know if this patch will open up the Veranda and Palm Court Cafe on the Titanic because the sign did say "Opening Soon"

As of this moment, not yet.  Some of the development will take time of course, and I'm sure you'll agree that Titanic is already far more detailed in Ship Sim '08 than in Ship Sim '06 :)

We have so much more in this patch than we expected, you will love the new features/vessels :)

Regards.

DJM.

dej477

• Forum member
« Reply #495 on: September 04, 2007, 14:02:51 »

I'm happy to wait for this patch if we are going to get a fully working patch that doesn't need patching it's self in 2 weeks time.

Anybody who's played eve or ever waited for a CCP patch will know what I mean.

Stew2000

• Forum member
« Reply #496 on: September 04, 2007, 14:06:33 »

Anybody who's played eve or ever waited for a CCP patch will know what I mean.

or TDU. :P
after the patch was released we now need a patch to fix the new cars sounds. XD
Needs more Black Pig.

Lifeboat

• Forum member
« Reply #497 on: September 04, 2007, 14:15:15 »

Would it not be an idea to close this thread totally now, and the mods set up a new thread that is closed, that they can then post up-to-date official information on the patch as & when details are released.

That way, there will be no more of this moaning which is also boring to say the least & everybody will stay informed & can subscribe to that thread for the updates when posted. ;)

It's just a thought. :)
Lifeboats24-7...Leading International Maritime Search & Rescue Resource.With Forum,Gallery & much more. http://www.lifeboats24-7.com

muns

• Forum member
« Reply #498 on: September 04, 2007, 14:22:30 »

Would it not be an idea to close this thread totally now, and the mods set up a new thread that is closed, that they can then post up-to-date official information on the patch as & when details are released.

That way, there will be no more of this moaning which is also boring to say the least & everybody will stay informed & can subscribe to that thread for the updates when posted. ;)

It's just a thought. :)

Couldnt agree more. The only problem is that someone will start another thead and the bitching/moaning will continue there instead.

Stew2000

• Forum member
« Reply #499 on: September 04, 2007, 14:24:03 »

so true. :)
1 post away from 500 too :P
Needs more Black Pig.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 42   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines