Hello Guest September 20, 2024, 04:44:52 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: How many Aussie's?  (Read 4993 times)

SonarMB

• Forum member
How many Aussie's?
« on: October 28, 2009, 05:17:45 »

How many of us are there, and do we have a server down under for MP? If not how difficult is it to set up a sever? :thumbs:
Navy : Never Again Volunteer Yourself

Tomaten

• Custom Mission Managers
Re: How many Aussie's?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 09:23:51 »

there are enought servers already..
its more servers then players  ::)
We're the cool group  8)
Tuuuuuuut Tuuuuuuuuuut!
Also known as Tomaten 2006 from the old Ship Simulator 2006 forum.[/c

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 09:36:27 »

How many of us are there, and do we have a server down under for MP? If not how difficult is it to set up a sever? :thumbs:

According to Wikipedia there are 22,010,766 Aussies.

Apparently it is quite easy to set up software, using good hardware. But as tomato2006 said, there are lots of servers already. If you want to set up a dedicated server, then I'd ask some of your 22,010,765 fellow Australians to join you before setting it up.
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

SonarMB

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 10:24:28 »

According to Wikipedia there are 22,010,766 Aussies.
That was almost funny  :doh: :-\

I tried playing on a server recently and was getting 150+ pings and only found about 7 of them, thats why I thought to ask.

I shall rephrase my question..... How many Aussies have SS2008?

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 10:44:06 »

I must admit to being somewhat surprised by your initial question about the population of Australia!

To bo honest, for reasons unknown to me, I think there are less Australians here than there was before- some people do come and go, of course, but there were several regular Australians when I first started using the forum (come to think of it, lots of people have left since I joined... :evil:)

I'm sure I read somewhere that SSE is going to have Sydney (don't quote me) so maybe that will encourage your fellow Countrymen to join/return.

G'day Bruce. :lol:
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

SonarMB

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 11:56:01 »

G'day Bruce....and no bloody poofters!!!! :2thumbs:

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 12:12:26 »

Just a small piece of advice. I know that your terminology is perfectly normal in Australia, but the more conservative Europeans might be a little ruffled. I'm afraid Europe (and by extension, Britain too) is becoming awfully politically correct these days  ::) (like there isn't enough to worry about on this planet at the moment...)

Did you hear of the furore after the Australian tourist board had an advert here which finished off with a tag line "...so where the b***y hell are you?" Some people here were almost baying for the blood of the Australian ambassador over it!  Get a grip Britain!

NOTE TO GOD-ERATORS: It was necessary to use the b and y with 4* to illustrate the point of the advert. If the rules had been stuck to exactly, and not used ****** or the real word  :o then no one would know what I was talking about- which nobody does anyway.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 12:17:17 by Stuart2007 »

SonarMB

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 13:01:12 »

Yes we were amused by that. We feel the PC is going to far. Next we wont be able to say a white person rather a colour challenged person no doubt. hehehehehe :evil: btw...did you know the shelia in that add was "seeing" Shane Warne? Lucky lad :2thumbs:
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 13:03:48 by SonarMB »

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2009, 15:35:23 »

Most people attribute political correctness to America- but in reality, it was England (pre-Britain!)

The puritans of the Elizabethan era were just as bad, but concerned solely with religion, beer, houses of ill repute etc.

Where as now to deny climate change is a hideous crime and to not kow tow down to the 'isms' racism, genderism etc is getting worse.

I employ many people, including non-British white, black, and some people of a 'gay' persuasion. I was refused a Government contract because I refused to write an 'equal opportunities' policy stating my compliance with the law. The fact that I am one of the least prejudiced employers on the planet didn't matter to them- I employ people from maybe 10 different nationalities for crying out loud.

Can you come and work for me- I don't have any Australians working here and will probably be accused of Anti-Australian actions! If I were to say to you that you are standing on your head, you'd probably reply "oh how hilarious. Never heard it before." Yet I could be arrested here for it!

Welcome to Britain, so why the B****Y hell are you running away...

GOD-erator note: Please see above notes. The asterisks are a neccesity.

Sorry. I am getting off the soap box now >:(

Where did she see him? On the telly? No idea who he is, but he's a jammy sod.

SonarMB

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2009, 10:26:48 »

You don't watch much cricket then do you? He was dubbed by the British media as the "Sheik of Tweek" for his ability to spin the ball in pretty much any direction he wanted. ;D

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2009, 15:17:06 »

No, I'm not a cricket fan. The only time I've ever hit two balls in the same day was once when I stood on a garden rake.

SonarMB

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2009, 04:55:35 »

:o Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch!!!!!!!!

Master Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2009, 05:22:36 »

ok then, this topic is total jibberish...

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2009, 16:53:55 »

Either report it to a moderator or mind your own business. Kindly let me know when you have decided which.

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2009, 19:31:52 »

Either report it to a moderator or mind your own business. Kindly let me know when you have decided which.

:D

aussieseafarer

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2009, 04:52:30 »

G'day Bruce and Pommie Bruce. I lurk around down here from time to time, avoiding both Marmite & (god forbid) Vegemite, although I have been known to partake in Promite consumption.
Rgds
Aussieseafarer

SonarMB

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2009, 05:01:41 »

Promite....eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew ;D I prefer Vegemite. Did you know you can take Aussie made Vegemite into the USA but you cant take British made Vegemite in the the USA. It has something to do with the yeast extraction and type of yeast used. Totally of topic now!

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2009, 12:26:53 »

British made vegemite? A false pretender.  :(

Anyway, there is no discussion that is important enough for it to  NOT have Marmite discussed in it, so nothing is ever of topic where Marmite is concerned.

Hello and good day to you, Mr Aussieseafarer.

SonarMB

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2009, 12:30:49 »

Isnt Marmite a Beef extract rather than a yeast extract? We have a vile brew here called Bonox, which is a Beef Extract drink....as I said Vile stuff!

And yes Hello to Mr Aussieseafarer

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2009, 12:31:37 »

No,that's Bovril here. Revolting stuff. I'd rather eat the jar it comes in.

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2009, 12:32:10 »

No,that's Bovril here. Revolting stuff. I'd rather eat the jar it comes in.

lol

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2009, 12:33:42 »

Hey, Bruce+Bruce

Did you know that you can now get Marmite flavoured crisps?

(wait until TFM sees this quote)

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2009, 12:34:31 »

Hey, Bruce+Bruce

Did you know that you can now get Marmite flavoured crisps?

(wait until TFM sees this quote)

:doh:

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2009, 12:38:31 »

TFM

Join the campaign

Dover - Sydney (in one environment)

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2009, 12:39:20 »

TFM

Join the campaign

Dover - Sydney (in one environment)

But there isn;t any ferries that go from Dover to Sydney

Not even the cruise ships that operate from Dover...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines