Hello Guest April 29, 2024, 16:13:39 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Ship Console  (Read 37282 times)

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
Re: Ship Console
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2010, 19:34:57 »

Hehe.. yeah Kev..

And well, don't know what wheel you have McG, but I have a G-25, and that hasn't got thát many buttons to be honest, or as many relevant axis to use. Buyt still is one of the best ones around on the 'normal market'.

That was 350 too when it came out, and I paid it too.. and have had so much fun with it that I would, with hindsight, even have paid 600 if that had been it's price.

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2010, 19:43:23 »

So? Logitech managed?

One big difference - Logitech did not build a dedicated ship controller; only a steering wheel with a couple of buttons which are designed in mind for car racing games. 

Flight Simulator controllers are also quite expensive, yet people buy them because they want the authentic experience of flying an aeroplane as much as possible.

Same with some people on this forum - they buy the Ship Console Unit because they want to experience the realism of steering a ship with 'proper' controls (i.e. throttle levers)
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC

--tractorman--

• Forum member
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2010, 19:44:27 »

I've been extremely tempted to buy the G25 or G27, but me mother says £100 is even a lot for a wheel

women  ::)

McGherkin

• Forum member
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2010, 19:56:45 »

I use a Driving Force Pro, which has all the buttons I need. Basic controls for me are Rudder, Throttle, and Thrusters. So Throttle is set to the gearstick (it's a sequential, and I've assigned the throttles to the pedals for when I want to put proportional input in), The wheel in 900 degrees mode for rudder (obviously) and the paddleshifts for the Bow and Stern thrusters. Of course, i have more assignments than that, for example the engine start/stop and the handy 'toggle precision steering' for locking the controls e.t.c.

Pardon my Youthful Ignorance, but aren't most ships steered using wheels rather than tillers? Certainly in SS08 there are more wheel controlled vessels. I don't see the point if it's only going to be realistic for a minority of ships. The only thing I can see in the Ship Console that I want is the dual throttles.

Anyway Kevin, Logitech has developed a controller that works well no matter what you use it with.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 19:58:42 by McGherkin »
Almost never here, try here.

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2010, 16:23:53 »

OK! Please I need serious help now. The Ship Console unit arrived today but one thing that gets me is the buttons! The caps come already placed on the console and the signs to put inside them arent in them, i have to put them in myself. But how? I cant seem to get them off.

Please help  :'(

Kind regards

Matthew Brown

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2010, 16:41:14 »

Are you sure there isn't a very thin gap on top of the buttons, Matthew..?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 16:42:49 by saltydog »

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2010, 16:46:11 »

No  :'(

Absolutely positive 100%

Matthew.

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2010, 16:48:25 »

I'm sure one of the mods will be able to help..Otherwise someone else who has the controller..

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2010, 16:49:55 »

Yes, I hope so soon because its frustrating :(

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2010, 17:02:31 »

After some looking, I found their forum..Maybe you can find an answer there..
Good luck.. :)

http://vrinsight.com/phpBB3_en/index.php

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2010, 17:05:21 »

Thanks Saltydog!

I will definately try there. However in the mean time if anyone comes up with an answer please post it here :)

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2010, 18:17:06 »

Hi Matthew,

I have sent you a PM.

Regards,

Kev
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2010, 18:34:31 »

Ok, Its alright folks! Panic over. It turns out you have to use sticky tape to remove all the buttons, then you choose where you want to put the buttons? Quite strange really! But I suppose it is a positive thing so you choose what you want where. there are also more buttons than there should be. but what happens is you choose which ones you want.

Thanks so much for everyones help and now im going to colaborate it and test it! See you all later!

Kind Regards

Matthew

P.S I found out its not red backed buttons anymore, its now yellow!
And below is the recent photo..

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2010, 18:37:17 »

Good news Matthew..Hope you have much enjoyment with it.. :thumbs:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 22:34:16 by saltydog »

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2010, 18:54:08 »

Glad to hear that, Matthew,

Enjoy your new toy!  ;)  ;D

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2010, 14:30:39 »

Well folks,

After saving up for a while, I finally ordered the Ship Console Unit through the Vstep website (which then goes on to Simware) on Sunday 24th January and it then was revealed to me that it was completely out of stock (despite saying it was in stock on both the Vstep and Simware websites  :doh:) and new stock wouldnt arrive for TWO WEEKS!  ??? :o

So I finally got the email saying they had dispatched it on Friday 29th January (which wasnt as bad as i thought) and it is curently coming in the post out here to Spain (touch wood) which strangely takes the longest to arrive from the netherlands with an estimated delivery of 12-15 days for both Spain and Poland.

And now I have only just seen the other console unit! ShipDriver  :doh: But I will just keep thinking negative thoughts about the other one, it looks far to plastic, may not be compatible with ss, ss have already got a deal for the wilco one, the shipdriver one isnt out until winter 2010. So I dont know!

Many Kind Regards

Matthew Brown

P.S. It IS compatible with windows vista isnt it!?  :doh: I mean its only a USB connection with no disc, its all manual set up.

Well, here is an update...

It turned out the console unit I recieved was a faulty one  :thumbdown:  which is redicoulous, considering it costs that much it should have been tested thoroughly.
So the company, SimWare tell me to send it back and they will refund me for the money (obviously because its not my fault its faulty).  It cost me 40.00 € to send it back to Belgium from Spain, so I waited a while and the new replacement one arrived.
And the money for shipping I paid???? It had no note or anything in the box, it was absolutely empty, it only had the unit inside and the only bit of paperwork was the small address on the top of the box.
So I immediately emailed them asking to kindly return the money to my fathers account, and they got back to me saying that they couldnt refund the money but I had a 27 € voucher for future purchases.

I mean what in the world!??  >:( I get a random numbered gift voucher for a company selling mainly aviation software and hardware, and NO ship things what so ever!   This is really off. I am appalled at their customer services so far, it really is a disgrace and to tell you the truth i am really annoyed yet quite sad.  >:( :'(  And to be honest, all their emails to me have not been very proffesional, and actually quite rude in someways.
So please I urge you to use another company a part from SimWare, maybe FlightSim? I dont want the same thing happening to you.    This whole thing started at 350 €  and secret postage money totaled 375€  then 40€ to send it back and in total we have spent around 420 €   :o >:(

Can anyone suggest  what to do now please?   

Many kind regards

Matthew Brown
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 14:34:15 by Matthew Brown »

McGherkin

• Forum member
« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2010, 17:45:07 »

Not much apart from threaten them with a lawsuit...  :thumbdown:

Willmutt

• Forum member
« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2010, 16:54:31 »

This control unit doesn't appeal to me at all. I'm just intressed in the throttles, like the throttles in this clip:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSqCzkkAL-g&feature=channel
If that was available for a affordable price like maybe 80-100 dollars I would buy it. With a steering wheel it would be a perfect setup   The rest, like cameras and so on can be controlled from the keyboard. That is what i think, does anyone agree with me?

McGherkin

• Forum member
« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2010, 19:34:14 »

I swear you already posted this.

Willmutt

• Forum member
« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2010, 21:00:20 »

I swear you already posted this.
Yes I did in another thread, just copied it :lol:

McGherkin

• Forum member
« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2010, 21:22:56 »

I was getting a weird sense of Deja Vu there...

You may see my wheel setup soon...  :-X

Willmutt

• Forum member
« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2010, 22:11:17 »

I was getting a weird sense of Deja Vu there...

You may see my wheel setup soon...  :-X
I've already seen it, you know this youtube thing? :lol:
The setup is really cool, I like it!

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #72 on: March 06, 2010, 01:40:27 »

Looks like a faked console to me and a fake product. :(
Does it have a CE-mark on it?

What's a CE-mark http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CE_mark

Well, I hope at least that you get a refund or else...sue the **** out of them :evil:

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2010, 09:33:42 »

Looks like a faked console to me and a fake product. :(
Does it have a CE-mark on it?

What's a CE-mark http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CE_mark

Well, I hope at least that you get a refund or else...sue the **** out of them :evil:
European safety standards
Captain Cadet
Please don't message me for technical support!

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2010, 16:38:07 »

For anyone that may be interested in the Ship Control Unit - I found it for $299 or 236 euro. Saves over 100 euro compared to Simware  :thumbs:

http://www.fspilotshop.com/product_info.php?currency=EUR&products_id=2343
It's the crew that makes the difference
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines