Hello Guest September 22, 2024, 09:44:19 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Obama wants more school  (Read 21095 times)

Stuart2007

• Forum member
Re: Obama wants more school
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2009, 14:25:58 »

You don't have a point. Your point doesn't matter anyway because you're not in congress or the senate so, ha.

Agent A,

Either I don't have a point. Or I have a point which doesn't matter to you... Can you PLEASE make up your mind which?
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Master Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2009, 15:08:38 »

So what if I didn't spell something right, doesn't mean we all need more school

Captain Darling

• Forum member
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2009, 20:42:03 »

Seriously though, why can't you guys not see the good aspects of it? I would welcome more education with both arms if I could. :-\
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 20:58:33 by Captain Darling »
Regards,
James

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2009, 21:43:02 »

At the end of the day, what it boils down to is the grades you get, and how enthusiastic you are.

Nowerdays, you find many kids want to be superstars, or footballers - if you look at the X Factor, and 'talent' shows like it, you can see hundreds of people queing up thinking that all they have to do is sing, and they become Superstars overnight...

Not many kids have any real idea of what they want to do - and some that do, don't put much/any effort into it.

As I said earlier, more practical is needed!!
Kind Regards,
Jack.

Master Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2009, 21:48:07 »

i would not, american schooling has beent this way for a long time so why change it now

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2009, 23:07:16 »

When I was your age, I was told by someone who is my age now that school wasn't as bad as it seemed. I suspect that when you are my age, you will tell someone who is your age, that you were told, when you were their age, by someone who is your age (in the future) that when they are that age they should appreciate what they have and work hard to avoid the shock when they get to the age that you aren't yet. Then one day he/she will get to your age that you will be when you are the age I am now and tell someone who is not yet born that when they are at your age then I will be retired and when they are at the age I am now I shall be very old indeed.
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Master Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2009, 23:58:53 »

well that was the most confusing thing i've ever read, but i understand what you mean. I do work hard to get good grades and such i just dont like going to school, it has its ups and downs more downs than ups. :P

Jammy

• Forum member
« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2009, 00:05:47 »

Whilst I have supported many of Obama's decisions, which I find very beneficial for the American public (despite their disagreements with it) I disagree hugely with this one. In Britain I have seen many changes to the school that the government see as improvements but I find revolting, such as changes to the food menus to make kids more healthy but also remove their freedom and right to choice of food, changes of timetable to make kids more attentive during the afternoon lessons but also starve students as lunch is further on in the day (1:10pm for gods sake!) and the fact that students now have to stay on to the age of 18 for mandatory education which completely limits their freedom of education.
The reason I disagree with Obama's decision is that its the children's decision to their choice of life, you cannot force them to do it, the penny needs to drop before they realize they need to work hard to become successful in life. Forcing them to work hard only makes it harder, but giving them motivation and inspiration does help more instead. Exhaustion and de motivation is going to be a huge flaw in Obama's plan for students to improve.

LukeL

• Forum member
« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2009, 00:13:40 »

"The nine most terrifying words in the English dictionary are: I'm from the government, and I'm here to help"-Ronald Reagan

Master Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2009, 00:16:10 »

thats never a good statement unless you its coming from a government body guard or something ::)

matt5674

« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2009, 00:43:42 »

that statement is from a use to be President, Ronald Reagan

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2009, 00:51:02 »

::)

Master Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2009, 01:20:54 »

that statement is from a use to be President, Ronald Reagan
errr, thats quite obvious, look below ::)
"The nine most terrifying words in the English dictionary are: I'm from the government, and I'm here to help"-Ronald Reagan

Wave Music

• Forum member
« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2009, 01:23:41 »

Now great!  >:(    Instead of sleeping I have to LOL at that all night long!  ;D
keep it gnarly

Master Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2009, 02:26:24 »

hehe kind of funny i guess but sorry for disturbing your sleep ::)

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2009, 22:30:48 »

"Trust the Government... The Government knows what you should be thinking..."

Master Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2009, 22:52:47 »

that is a scary thought :P

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2009, 08:22:52 »

that is a scary thought :P

If this isn't an off topic point, but drifting off anyway, you want to talk about scary Government?

Why do I refuse point blank to go to the USA? I will tell you why (even if you don't want to know)- I don't like having my finger prints, iris scan, all sorts of biometric data taken (sounds painful) so I won't go there.

Why is this a problem, you may ask... I don't have a problem with America having this data and I think it is wise to look after its borders so well... I just have the fear that America will give the information back to my own Government which I trust as much as a bunch of escaped convicts (ironic given some of them could face criminal charges)...

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2009, 09:15:14 »

Stu,

Only get your finger prints if you are takin in for booking for a crime, or you want to take a kid on a field trip...

Never heard of anyone getting a government iris scan.

Biometric Data?

I think you are confused.

Master Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2009, 12:42:16 »

yea same here i've never heard of that either, finger print scan if you live here for police records, never heard of iris scan though

Jammy

• Forum member
« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2009, 15:32:29 »

Stu,

Only get your finger prints if you are takin in for booking for a crime, or you want to take a kid on a field trip...

Never heard of anyone getting a government iris scan.

Biometric Data?

I think you are confused.

Not true, my Grandma had her fingerprints taken in Miami airport when she was flying there to get on a cruise ship. On the flight home at Miami her fingerprints didn't match the originals so she had to wait 6 hours and was constantly treated like a criminal. Now that's USA border patrol for you, everyone is a suspect.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2009, 15:57:02 »

Here is the reverse of my "ALIEN" crewmans' landing permit from 1958. As far as I know my photo and my finger prints are still on record in the USA. In order to get this card I had to be fingerprinted and photographed, there were no fancy electronics in those days.  :evil: I also attach the picture from the other side of the card. ;D

P.S. I don't really look like that, much worse in fact. ::)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 16:07:29 by Traddles »
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

Sam

• Forum member
« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2009, 20:20:33 »

Americas security allso had a bad influence on the security in here.

I don't live far from the port of Antwerp.
And u used to be able to go to the locks and docks to look at some ships closeby.
But since all those crazy Americans came with their military transports security became ridiculous.

Now there are metres high fences around the locks, a lot of docks are not accesible anymore.
And in the past u could visit a ship if you knew some people who work in the port.
Now that is unpossible to.

But we are getting off topic.

Look at this list, and maybe then you understand why Obama wants to do this.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_the_top_10_best_country_in_terms_of_education

I allso think more education is better.
Last year I allso hated school and asked myself why I had to go to school that much.

But now I am in college, and glad that my education was high enough.
It was worth all the blood sweath and tears.  ;D

Jammy

• Forum member
« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2009, 21:32:19 »

Americas security allso had a bad influence on the security in here.

I don't live far from the port of Antwerp.
And u used to be able to go to the locks and docks to look at some ships closeby.
But since all those crazy Americans came with their military transports security became ridiculous.

Now there are metres high fences around the locks, a lot of docks are not accesible anymore.
And in the past u could visit a ship if you knew some people who work in the port.
Now that is unpossible to.

But we are getting off topic.

Look at this list, and maybe then you understand why Obama wants to do this.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_the_top_10_best_country_in_terms_of_education

I allso think more education is better.
Last year I allso hated school and asked myself why I had to go to school that much.

But now I am in college, and glad that my education was high enough.
It was worth all the blood sweath and tears.  ;D

Britain has the best education? Wow I didn't honestly know that, from where I come from if you look at most of my generation you would think we're the scum of the world.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2009, 21:50:24 »

May the good Lord help us if my Country is purported to have the best education system in the world. :o From where I stand it is pretty much not far from the poorest. But I will no go into politics here. :doh:
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines