Hello Guest March 29, 2024, 00:58:27 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 1020 1021 [1022] 1023 1024 ... 1027   Go Down

Author Topic: The Cookie Box MkII - On stranger tides  (Read 3361736 times)

danny

• Forum member
Re: The Cookie Box MkII - On stranger tides
« Reply #25525 on: May 26, 2016, 19:12:29 »

Thank you! Its annoying that May is exam season here in the UK and I'm doing a degree in Computer Science at the moment (I might have forgotten to say)  and I have an Advance Programming Exam tomorrow!

Sorry it's a bit late, however...

#include <iostream>   

using namespace std;

int main()  
{
  int passmark = 69; //Gotta get the first, CC!                        
  int CCsmark;
  cout<<"So, what percentage did you get CC? ";
  cin>> CCsmark;
  cin.ignore();
  if ( passmark < CCsmark ) {
     cout<<"Good show old bean!";
  }
  else {
    cout<<"Welp, there's always next time!";
  }
  cin.get();
}

;D
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 19:14:25 by danny »
STCW II/1 Unlimited Officer Of the Watch.
Big or small, I'll sail 'em all!

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
« Reply #25526 on: May 27, 2016, 13:47:14 »

My exam paper was missing a semi colon and the question was if x and y was this, what would be the result.
My answer was "It would come back with a compiler error but if you put the semicolon in line 42 it would return 42
Captain Cadet
Please don't message me for technical support!

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
« Reply #25527 on: July 13, 2016, 14:16:57 »

Are we out of cookies?  :( What has happened to this forum? finally been abandoned?
Captain Cadet

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25528 on: July 13, 2016, 22:39:19 »

Hi CC,
It very much looks as if the interest in the forum has virtually died. This is very sad, but interest in the games is also almost completely dead too. What a sad thing that players lose interest in things so very quickly nowadays. On a purely personal level I will never lose interest in either the forum or the games. :'( :-X I really wonder just how much longer the forum will remain open for us. Your post is the first one in three days. :o ::)

Angus.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 22:55:12 by Traddles »
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #25529 on: July 14, 2016, 11:52:57 »

Had a new game been released or the old ones moddable, I guess it would have still been quite active. But for such an obsolete game, people simply have no reason to hang around any longer which is natural.

The forum probably will remain active for years to come though. It's no hassle for Vstep to have it running, and it requires very little moderation.

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
« Reply #25530 on: July 14, 2016, 12:37:10 »

I agree it should have been handed better but there we go! Its a shame but we cannot reverse time! If we could Hitler would have got into the arts school...

But I am surprised that VSTEP still keeps ShipSim running when it probably doesnt make a huge amount of money anymore!
Captain Cadet

Dannypenguin

• Forum member
« Reply #25531 on: July 14, 2016, 13:12:42 »

I still check in occasionally, but no one stays anymore  :-\ shame I agree, but there we are...

larsdehaan

« Reply #25532 on: July 15, 2016, 18:25:55 »

*Ninja face*

saltydog

• Forum member
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 21:49:50 by saltydog »

Dannypenguin

• Forum member
« Reply #25534 on: July 22, 2016, 16:55:44 »

Saw that, made me laugh!  ;D

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
« Reply #25535 on: July 26, 2016, 00:18:31 »

Bit of polish will bring that out!
Captain Cadet

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
Captain Cadet

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25537 on: November 06, 2016, 23:42:57 »

Oh dear, there's one born every minute. That is one very lucky idiot. ::) :doh:

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
« Reply #25538 on: November 07, 2016, 00:33:04 »

I know I have almost crashed into a sea cat down in Weymouth when I was learning to sail (it was in maintenance) but that was because I didn't know what I was doing but if you have one of those jet skies you really should know what you were doing before even riding it
Captain Cadet

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #25539 on: March 13, 2017, 02:38:56 »

*Knock knock*... ;D. Anybody home?

I hope everyone is keeping well. I do still look in here every so often. It's such a shame that V-STEP seemingly have no interest in bringing us a new instalment!
Kind Regards,
Jack.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25540 on: March 13, 2017, 12:10:58 »

Hi Jack,
It's nice to hear from you again. It is, as you say, a great pity that Vstep have abandoned all further development of the series. I think there are quite a number of players who miss the series. However I suppose that Vstep have decided that there would not be sufficient interest to continue development. I suppose that is life, and a business must make money to survive.

Angus.

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #25541 on: March 13, 2017, 13:12:57 »

Hi Angus,

Likewise, I hope you're well.

It is indeed a great shame. I'd happily buy a new instalment if V-STEP were to develop it, but it seems that the company are concentrating on professional simulation outright.

I do wonder whether another company will consider developing a new maritime simulator, but I think it's such a niche product that in many ways, I'm surprised V-STEP sold their Ship Sim series to the general public as well as they did.

Incidentally, is it still possible to make custom servers on SS08? Are the V-STEP servers still running for Extremes?

All the best,

Jack.
Kind Regards,
Jack.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25542 on: March 14, 2017, 00:05:05 »

Hi again Jack,
Sorry I was drawn away earlier today. Vstep are not running any servers for either SS2008 or Extremes. However if you go to the website you will find a download for a server for SS2008 which enables you to set up your own server. I am ashamed to say that I don't know quite how it works as I am still a bit of a "lone wolf" in that I like to sail alone!!!
somewhere there is a post or two from "Stormforce", (I think) on how to do the same for Extremes.
Your comment about the clientele for Ship Simulator games is true, but like you, I am conscious that a while ago this forum, and thus players of the game, was very busy. At the bottom of this page it shows that 213 were online in 2009 one day in May, and even today some 76 people were on line, not a huge mass I know, but it does show an abiding interest is still there.

Regards,
Angus
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 00:09:26 by Traddles »

whitestarline1912

• Forum member
« Reply #25543 on: March 14, 2017, 06:19:25 »

Man, this forum and game was a big part of my childhood in 08-2012. It's hard to tell people about how awesome the community was and all the fun we had roleplaying and sailing. I would love to start a server or at least be able to play again to begin with since I run Linux Ubuntu now. Any of you guys have luck trying to run the game on something other than windows?

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #25544 on: March 15, 2017, 02:05:35 »

Man, this forum and game was a big part of my childhood in 08-2012. It's hard to tell people about how awesome the community was and all the fun we had roleplaying and sailing.

No kidding. I'll never forget the golden days of the summer of 2011, when the forum and servers were booming. Well, of course there was activity at other times, but that was the most active period I saw, and it was quite memorable sitting back with my Compaq laptop in my room, posting here and sailing in MP while listening to the horns of the real ships carried on the fragrant west wind.. It's crazy how much has changed since then.  :-\

I should set sail again, but I can't stand sailing alone now. Everyone spawning as Fairmount Sherpa so we could work to free a beached Latitude, racing each other across the channel, playing tag with speedboats in the canals of Calais; "partying" in the Atlantic, with half a dozen Oceanae battling massive swells. I'd love to have those kinds of online experiences back.
Today's weather:

http://www.lsmma.com/webcam/webcam_st.html

Not to sound cliched, but what a long, strange, trip it's been.

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #25545 on: March 15, 2017, 15:00:46 »

Absolutely. I've been on quite a few forums. This is one definitely was one of the slight few that made such an impact on my life, and in which I was so invested. I remember the immense activity surrounding the SS08 patch that allowed ships to sink, and the shitstorm that occurred once it got delayed several times.  :doh:
Not to mention the CCC. The days prior to the winning announcement, it was such a thrill to check the poll stats every hour and to participate in all the discussions around it.

If VSTEP had chosen not to discontinue the series, and to update this outdated forum software, I'm sure this place would still be booming. Although most of us have become older and aren't kids anymore, there are plenty of new folks around who are currently just as old and interested in the subject as we were back then. But of course, without anything new, and the pretty much non existent modding capabilities, this forum now mostly serves as a remnant of a once very alive community.

larsdehaan

« Reply #25546 on: March 15, 2017, 16:06:27 »

Since we're having a bit of a reunion here, Hey everyone!.
Waiting for the next steamsale so i can get SSE again. Lost my login to the main site... again.  :doh:

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #25547 on: March 16, 2017, 17:46:05 »

You know, I've always imagined us having a meet-up in person...in Duluth, of course. You'd all sail below the lift bridge on the Pride of Rotterdam, and moor at the convention center (it's right on the harbor, and it's where cruise ships used to dock; we don't get such ships anymore :-\ ).

It was either in Duluth or Rotterdam, the more logical option. I'd sail there from here in my 1960's ChrisCraft Cruiser with my Turkmen girlfriend.  :doh:

That was in the good ol' early 2010s. If we had an in-person reunion today, I bet it'd either be devoid of life, or packed and emotional. Both depressing in their own way.  :-\
Today's weather:

http://www.lsmma.com/webcam/webcam_st.html

Not to sound cliched, but what a long, strange, trip it's been.

larsdehaan

« Reply #25548 on: March 17, 2017, 21:51:33 »

I'm not sure what i'm going to awnser to that, haha.
It's been 4 days and i've found which email adress i used. Now for the password.

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25549 on: March 23, 2017, 17:34:09 »

Ahh yes, the Pride of Rotterdam  ;D I towed her, and the Pride of Hull, quiet a few time now both on arrival and departure in Rotterdam
It's the crew that makes the difference
Pages: 1 ... 1020 1021 [1022] 1023 1024 ... 1027   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines