Hello Guest July 27, 2024, 14:05:47 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Texture errors  (Read 18253 times)

--tractorman--

• Forum member
Re: Texture errors
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2009, 16:32:20 »

so what is this a warm discussion then?  :D

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2009, 18:24:05 »

A partially serious yet at the same time somewhat cheeky conversation of a moderate temperature.

steveboston

• Forum member
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2009, 10:29:07 »

As a flightsim developer (albeit mostly panels, sounds and flight dynamics) I know that in any sim there has to be compromises unless you want to make one so vast in computing terms as to be almost unuseable.

Most 3d surfaces are made of enough polygons to give (for example) Port and Starboard sides so seperate textures can be used for logos, names etc. to make them always appear correct. A flag is usually made of a single (zero width) polygon and textured once. Obviously it will on occasions look wrong but it is a small part and  it ain't usually worth making it a very slim 3d framework and using 2 texture sets.

BTW is it still correct to say that the UK Union Flag only becomes the Union Jack when flown from the jackstaff of one Her Majesty's Vessels? (Picky I know but similar to the way most people still refer to wing mirrors on cars when nearly all are now door mirrors).
Somewhere over the rainbow,
weigh a pie.

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2009, 10:51:27 »

BTW is it still correct to say that the UK Union Flag only becomes the Union Jack when flown from the jackstaff of one Her Majesty's Vessels? (Picky I know but similar to the way most people still refer to wing mirrors on cars when nearly all are now door mirrors).
The case of Union flag versus Union jack has been debated so much and has so many different defining terms that it's more or less a matter of choice or preference.

thassos

• Forum member
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2009, 22:12:15 »

No, No No.   A Jack is flown on a Jackstaff and a flag on a flagpole - unless your name is Jack, of course.
The right to speak does not include the right to be taken seriously.

Creator on Creators Forum

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2009, 22:47:11 »

Going right back to the start of this topic. ::) I was watching the last night of the promenade concerts at the Albert Hall yesterday evening, and the was a lady singer called Sarah Connelly, beautifully dressed as a Nelsonian admiral. She sang a British patriotic song wonderfully then drew her sword which had a Union Flag wrapped round it and when it unfurled it was UPSIDE DOWN. :doh: :doh: :thumbdown:
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines