Hello Guest July 27, 2024, 14:53:26 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Which would you prefer to be in SS10

Greenpeace
Sea Shepherd

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Greenpeace or Sea Shepherd?  (Read 26653 times)

Jammy

• Forum member
Greenpeace or Sea Shepherd?
« on: June 06, 2009, 17:38:50 »

After knowing for a long while that SS10 is going to feature a Greenpeace ship, a whaling ship and the Antarctic  environment. I've always found it a shame that it had to be Greenpeace, I'm sure a lot of ship enthusiasts here must've seen Whale Wars and seen how much more Sea Shepherd do than Greenpeace.
Now I'm not demanding for VStep to change their decision, because I am happy they have chosen to delve into a strong debate that goes on in the southern hemisphere, all I'm asking is what do the community think iwould be better in SS10. Sea Shepherd or Greenpeace?

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
Re: Greenpeace or Sea Shepherd?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 17:47:11 »

I prefer the greenpeace vessel, much better for the majority of the players in the ship sim fanbase.

I think VSTEP have made the right decision, though perhaps the Sea Shepherd may be added in the shipyard eventually??
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

Bottman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 17:55:32 »

Both are magnificant ships, but as far as I understand Jammy, he wonders about the power and success of both organizations more than about the vessels. So if VSTEP has an agreement with Greenpeace, it seems to be not very likely that a second ship of that type from a "competitor" will occur. In my opinion, Greenpeace has become a well established company more than a hazardous fighting group as Sea Sheperd seems to be.

Regards
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!
Look at www.elbdampfer-hamburg.de

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 21:11:12 »

Greenpeace, I still can see the it as an excuse though for the rammers in MP to ram and then say they were doing it for there beliefs if you see what I mean :-\ ::)

firestar12

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 21:20:57 »

Anyone who would ram over THAT on MP needs some serious help... ::)

llamalord

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2009, 21:41:11 »

The M/V Green Peace has one thing going for it.  It's colorful :doh:
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

www.llamalord

matt5674

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009, 22:49:28 »

The M/V Green Peace has one thing going for it.  It's colorful :doh:
And it is a magnificent icebreaker. :thumbs:

Shipdude98

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2009, 23:40:49 »

I for one can't wait to cruise around iceburgs in Multiplayer.  ;D

And definately Greenpeace.
Join my Multiplayer Cargo Service! (MCS) Info available on the SS08 multiplayer forums.

Master Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2009, 00:32:35 »

greenpeace for me as i've never even heard of sea shepard, i think greenpeace is more famous

Jammy

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2009, 00:37:10 »

greenpeace for me as i've never even heard of sea shepard, i think greenpeace is more famous

Watch Whale Wars on Animal Planet every Friday at 9pm and you'll see who they are and what they do.
YouTube video of Sea Shepherd

Minime

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2009, 17:40:29 »

I'd say the greenpeace vessel, since it looks much more interesting than the Sea Sheperd vessel. Also the greenpeace is a icebreaker I understand, another reason for the greenpeace vessel to be added.

thanks to Tore/TJK for this awesome sig

jim.smith

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2009, 18:22:20 »

I agree with Master Captain,Greenpeace is well known I have never heard of Sea Shepherd,and Animal Planet isnt on everybodys TV channels.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 18:24:14 by jim.smith »

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2009, 18:29:53 »

After having seen some of the Whale Wars episodes, I'd have to say Greenpeace.

The people involved with Sea Shepard surely have their hearts in the right place, that I won't deny. I commend them for standing up for what they believe in. Even though they often fool themselves, and are probably really looking for personal gratification, but I digress..

Some of their methods though, are unacceptable. No one is above the law, no matter how worthy the cause. They often act like pirates, and then when their bluf is called (like with the crewmen - that boarded a whaler - held 'hostage' on the whaler for illegally boarding it.) they suddenly act as if they are the victim.

Ramming ships, throwing flashbangs (that can blind you or injure you when going off close to your face or unprotected skin), using people's extreme dedication to recruit crewmen, that are way too inexperienced for some of their operations, for sure..  it just seems like kids out for adventure, disregarding all rules and regulations.

Greenpeace is not a stranger at being a nuisance in some of the same ways, but they seem to understand how the law works, a bit better. Easy as that.

As I said.. someone has to do something, and I admire them for being the ones... But some of the things make them just as bad as the whaler, for endangering human life on purpose.. two wrongs don't make a right.

Regards,
Fred

* Typo
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 19:11:13 by Mad_Fred »

Nathan|C

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2009, 18:41:51 »

I agree...well said, Fred  :thumbs:

firestar12

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2009, 21:44:02 »

After having seen some of the Whale Wars episodes, I'd have to say Greenpeace.

The people involved with Sea Shepard surely have their hearts in the right place, that I won't deny. I commend them for standing up for what they believe in. Even though they often fool themselves, and are probably really looking for personal gratification, but I digress..

Some of their methods though, are unacceptable. No one is above the law, no matter how worthy the cause. They often act like pirates, and then when their bluf is called (like with the crewmen - that boarded a whaler - held 'hostage' on the whaler for illegally boarding it.) they suddenly act as if they are the victim.

Ramming ships, throwing flashbangs (that can blind you or injure you when going off close to your face or unprotected skin), using people's extreme dedication to recruit crewmen, that are way too inexperienced for some of their operations, for sure..  it just seems like kids out for adventure, disregarding all rules and regulations.

Greenpeace is not a stranger at being a nuisance in some of the same ways, but they seem to understand how the law works, a bit better. Easy as that.

As I said.. someone has to do something, and I admire them for being the ones... But some of the things make them just as bad as the whaler, for endangering human life on purpose.. two wrongs don't make a right.

Regards,
Fred

* Typo
Well said Fred! I was waiting for you to say that...

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2009, 21:53:18 »

::)

That predictable, am I?  ;D

Thanks gents!

llamalord

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2009, 22:27:16 »

Isn't that the role of a drummer, to be constant. ;)

www.llamalord

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2009, 23:02:10 »

True, very true..  :thumbs:

But, without some improvisation every now and then, things get awfully boring too, of course..   ;D

llamalord

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2009, 23:11:52 »

3D models and Music, now there is an improvisation.

www.llamalord

Daniel Cho

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2009, 05:57:52 »

I like Sea sheperd better than Greenpeace but the Greenpeace looks better than sea sheperd. So I would choose Greenpeace.

matt5674

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2009, 08:36:03 »

The colorful ship opposite of Sea Sheperd is named Esperanza

Capt. Matt

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2009, 14:41:37 »

The Rainbow on the side makes the esperanza look soooooo pretty  :-*  :doh: Sea Shepard looks bad a**  :thumbs:
I dont know which one I like more though :-\

Thanks TJK!
Intel Core i7 930@ 2.8GHz, 12GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz, Asus P6X58D-E, EVGA GeForce GTX 650 2 Win

J3nsen

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2009, 19:08:14 »

The Rainbow on the side makes the esperanza look soooooo pretty  :-*  :doh: Sea Shepard looks bad a**  :thumbs:
I dont know which one I like more though :-\

I would say the same :thumbs:

Esperanza looks better than a blackgray ship with yellow logo....

matt5674

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2009, 02:14:20 »

we here at the forum don't like Whaling Ships. So Esperanza is bestest for us. And besides, Ship Simulator 2010 don't have whales. It was a recording from something else. If you agree, Sea Sherperd is bad for Ship Sim, say Aye. If you thimk Esperanza is bad for SS10, say Nay Esperanza. :lol:

justin36220

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2009, 21:49:13 »

I absoulutly dispise both organisation and dont want to see eaither ship in SS10 but especially not Sea Sheaperds piracy is a hanging crime so why not hang Capt.Paul is his whole dang crew what they do is wrong

-Justin
(norwegian whaling decent)
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines