Hello Guest July 27, 2024, 03:27:48 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Whst ship you wont miss in futures ship sims?

Latitude
- 1 (1.3%)
Red Eagle
- 2 (2.6%)
Titanic
- 25 (32.5%)
Pride of Rotterdam
- 4 (5.2%)
Jumbo Javelin
- 3 (3.9%)
Ocean star
- 0 (0%)
Herkules Atlas
- 0 (0%)
Agile solution
- 1 (1.3%)
Elbe
- 2 (2.6%)
Furie
- 1 (1.3%)
Porto ferrairo angel
- 2 (2.6%)
Red jet 4
- 2 (2.6%)
Fairmount sherpa
- 1 (1.3%)
Ducky
- 8 (10.4%)
Freedom 90
- 1 (1.3%)
Jetski
- 23 (29.9%)
Northen star
- 1 (1.3%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Voting closed: April 25, 2009, 23:31:05

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Forgot ship  (Read 23702 times)

Ballast

• Global Moderator
Re: Forgot ship
« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2009, 17:20:17 »

I don't see why Titanic is getting the most votes, that's the ship that sells the game mostly.

I think the game is the most bought by general maritime enthusiast and by former, active and future mariners.

The Titanic is just the top of the ice berg (lol  :D)
It's the crew that makes the difference

mvsmith

« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2009, 17:47:48 »

::)

Actually for many people (not me) Titanic was the only reason to buy SS

Considering the small number of vocal Titanic posters relative to thousands of purchasers, that assertion is questionable.
If Titanic is their sole motivator, there is little reason to believe that they would buy SS 2010, just to get the same model. It would save VSTEP some trouble if she were dropped from SS 2010.

Sam

• Forum member
« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2009, 19:14:29 »

I want to hear real arguements why ppl don't want Titanic.

And not just out of hate against the titanic lovers.

REAL arguements.

I like to put a tug at the bow to pull her off and then just sail her as she is ment to be sailed.
Not to crash her into icebergs.
Not to find every little mistake in the model.
Not to count the rivets in here hull.
And absolutely not to explore the ship.

But just to moore her properly in any port in the game.
And with mooring I really mean putting here against the dock slowly and not to 'moore' her 10m away from the dock.

Just like I love with every other big ship in Shipsim wich has realistic dynamics.

What is fun with the Jetski???
What is fun with the Ducky, powerboat, ...

Ppl see the Titanic more as a historical object then a ship.
And I find that sad.

mvsmith

« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2009, 19:45:26 »

Sam, the things you like Titanic for are good reasons to have her.

Perhaps there is a silent majority who feel as you and I do, but the vocal few seem to want her only as a 3D object to wander around in. That, alone, does not justify expending extra development resources to expand the interior and get her to produce reasonable frame rates in the new sea model.

I’m certainly not against her inclusion in SS 2010 if she does not take up an inordinate amount of technical support effort, or give rise to many complaints that she did not live up to expectations.

I would also be more enthusiastic if I saw some good missions that used her properly.

Regards,
Marty

TerryRussell

« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2009, 20:20:37 »

So I suppose my "Titanic Pinball Machine" mission, involving a high-speed Titanic and strategically-placed icebergs is a non-starter, then?

mvsmith

« Reply #80 on: January 29, 2009, 21:19:51 »

Only because you screwed up the iceberg dynamics, Terry.

TerryRussell

« Reply #81 on: January 29, 2009, 21:24:23 »

The Copenhagen Principle applies. Quantum dynamics are relevant, regardless of size. As you haven't observed it, it is currently in suposition. I suppose.

Sam

• Forum member
« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2009, 21:38:36 »

Sam, the things you like Titanic for are good reasons to have her.

Perhaps there is a silent majority who feel as you and I do, but the vocal few seem to want her only as a 3D object to wander around in. That, alone, does not justify expending extra development resources to expand the interior and get her to produce reasonable frame rates in the new sea model.

I’m certainly not against her inclusion in SS 2010 if she does not take up an inordinate amount of technical support effort, or give rise to many complaints that she did not live up to expectations.

I would also be more enthusiastic if I saw some good missions that used her properly.

Regards,
Marty

I totally agree with this.
I just want people to hear my voice, so that a great ship won't be lost by the ignorance of others.

There shouldn't be spent anymore development in Titanic biceaus she is great the way she is, she shouldn't become a floating 3d picture.

firestar12

« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2009, 23:09:44 »

I never quite got the point of this topic. I understand what it is about but it just seems to be one of those topics that are asking for a fight. For all we know, They might have all the ships from last year in the next version. (I really know that wouldn't happen, but you get the point.)

Jammy

• Forum member
« Reply #84 on: January 30, 2009, 00:43:30 »

I don't see the need to remove a ship from the future game anyway. Isn't the aim of bringing out a new game to improve it from previous versions? Not replace features with new ones which most games companies mess up anyway causing major complaints.
Bottom line is, why can't we just add new ships, and not remove already existing ships to make room for more? I'm pretty sure with modern DVD-R disks it's fairly easy to add more to the game to go with the already existing.

TerryRussell

« Reply #85 on: January 30, 2009, 07:12:56 »

So what do your examples have to do with dynamics?

I'm confused about which set of people's work you  wish to insult...

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #86 on: January 30, 2009, 09:44:24 »

Greetings,
Ducky,we dont need it realy,however al the other vessels can stay in the sim.
Marc
N

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #87 on: January 31, 2009, 02:53:16 »

If Titanic is their sole motivator, there is little reason to believe that they would buy SS 2010, just to get the same model. It would save VSTEP some trouble if she were dropped from SS 2010.
Same model? You have no clue how many more improvements were made over the SS06 model!

If having the same ship in more than one game is troublesome, why not drop EVERY model by that logic?

Also, I am one of those who mainly buys it for Titanic.

If it weren't for Titanic, I wouldn't be here, as I would never have heard of Ship Sim. At the same time, if it weren't for Titanic, I'd be gone!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 02:55:44 by RMS Gigantic »

Drakko

• Forum member
« Reply #88 on: January 31, 2009, 04:08:32 »

do u lnow how do i discover ship sim ? by titanic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

firestar12

« Reply #89 on: January 31, 2009, 04:32:51 »

do u lnow how do i discover ship sim ? by titanic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:
A little off topic eh?

mvsmith

« Reply #90 on: January 31, 2009, 06:00:24 »

Same model? You have no clue how many more improvements were made over the SS06 model!

What has the 2006 model to do with anything? If there is a Titanic in 2010, it will most likely be the same as it is now—in SS 2008. At most, two of Jason’s most egregious foul-ups might be fixed—that ugly blue hole in the bow and the short rudder, which were really careless goofs.

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #91 on: January 31, 2009, 19:26:55 »

Vstep places major improvements in their games as time goes on, and as the games improve, they can handle more, which means more ships, places, and most importantly, details.

If the SS10 Titanic improves upon the SS08 model by the same ratio SS08 improved on SS06, Titanic will be FAR different, I assure you.

firestar12

« Reply #92 on: January 31, 2009, 19:51:22 »

Vstep places major improvements in their games as time goes on, and as the games improve, they can handle more, which means more ships, places, and most importantly, details.

If the SS10 Titanic improves upon the SS08 model by the same ratio SS08 improved on SS06, Titanic will be FAR different, I assure you.
Like Jason! In the next SS Titanic the rigging will be correct.

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #93 on: January 31, 2009, 19:54:16 »

Like Jason! In the next SS Titanic the rigging will be correct.
Or so he hopes.

He was also wanting to get the steam pipes on the funnels installed.

But it all depends on how much time he has to do it all.

Drakko

• Forum member
« Reply #94 on: February 04, 2009, 21:14:22 »

::)

Actually for many people (not me) Titanic was the only reason to buy SS
like me, i saw a vid on youtube called titanic simulator and then in the list it sais titanic ship simulator
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines