Hello Guest July 27, 2024, 14:31:23 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Whst ship you wont miss in futures ship sims?

Latitude
- 1 (1.3%)
Red Eagle
- 2 (2.6%)
Titanic
- 25 (32.5%)
Pride of Rotterdam
- 4 (5.2%)
Jumbo Javelin
- 3 (3.9%)
Ocean star
- 0 (0%)
Herkules Atlas
- 0 (0%)
Agile solution
- 1 (1.3%)
Elbe
- 2 (2.6%)
Furie
- 1 (1.3%)
Porto ferrairo angel
- 2 (2.6%)
Red jet 4
- 2 (2.6%)
Fairmount sherpa
- 1 (1.3%)
Ducky
- 8 (10.4%)
Freedom 90
- 1 (1.3%)
Jetski
- 23 (29.9%)
Northen star
- 1 (1.3%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Voting closed: April 25, 2009, 23:31:05

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Forgot ship  (Read 23706 times)

mvsmith

Re: Forgot ship
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2009, 21:02:33 »

I like the sherpa, and if you don't like it then a simple answer is to not play with that vessel. Or then again you could just not play ship sim at all. Another thing you could do CC is go to VS, where they have plenty of AHTS. Also, i think their members will enjoy your type too

Good suggestion Carl,
He seems not to be happy unless he is whining about something. His arrogant statement that he is the only one aware of other AHTs is squarely in the two-pounds-in-a-one-pound-bag category.
This is a ship simulator, not a photo album or beauty contest for ships.
As for his accusation that VSTEP is discriminating against non-Dutch ships; I’m surprised he stopped short of calling it racism.
Marty

Second Mate

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2009, 21:04:56 »

I think we are all entitled to our opinions and should respect them, if Cushioncraft don't like green, fair enough.
I don't like it that much either, but unfortunately its impossible for vstep to please everyone, so there has to be compromise.

My hope is there will be more choice in the future, but that comes at a price, usually in eruos or if your old like me, guilders (not sure of my spelling).

« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 21:10:31 by Second Mate »

RMSGreatBritain

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2009, 21:07:58 »

Nathan I never said it got out of hand, but I could sense an argument arising, and there was a tiny bit of annoyance and disrespect here. ;) So that was why i posted, A discusssion is fine, but not an argument, which was what I saw this turing into ;)
DiamondEagleDB09rms On youtube! Now with New Playlist!
<br />Thanks to TJK for this awesome Sig!

TerryRussell

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2009, 21:48:33 »

I don't want to fall into an argument here, lets all be civil with this. We shouldn't have to have a moderator step into our topics all the time, when we are able to talk respectively amongst eachother.

Well said. Seems incredible to me how people can so irritable about paint colours.   ;D

Removed! Hope you're all happy, especially Carl & you can continue playing your SS.

I think they can probably do that with or without your post, but I'm sure everyone will be most grateful for your kind wishes.

andyfinn

• Forum member
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2009, 22:56:46 »

I wont the miss titanic

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2009, 23:05:31 »

Who voted Furie....I kill you :D

I voted Titanic, won't comment on why since I'll probably have the Titanic fans breathing down my neck :D *cough cough* RMS Gigantic :D ;D

Jack.
Oh, I think I already know why *coughNathanstartedafadcough* ;D

Oh, dear, I think there may be another cough epidemic! *coughIvotedNorthStarcough*

CaptainMike1

• Forum member
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2009, 00:23:09 »

How can I change my vote, I meant to vote for Titanic and instead voted for the wonderful Jetski....??

Cough

Master Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2009, 01:47:02 »

i voted for latitude, but agreed, i wouldn't miss titanic much, shes just such a burden to sail, though a great ship herself, a burden to sail. *MC runs to his hiding place to avoid titanic fan conflict* ;D

TerryRussell

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2009, 09:18:46 »

Terry votes "Titanic" and stands ready to face the onslaught.

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2009, 10:10:57 »

Oh, dear, I think there may be another cough epidemic! *coughIvotedNorthStarcough*

Shame, Shame, you just wasted your vote!

My favourite is the Sherpa, always has been, when people stopped going to Marseille, I looked at the North Star, liked it at first, then re-thought and went back to the towing again, and thats where I'm staying ;D

Na na naaaa! you just wasted your voooteee! na na naaaaaa! :D ;D :P

Jack
p.s. second comes Furie-depends on the sitution really ;D
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 10:12:44 by IRI5HJ4CK »
Kind Regards,
Jack.

Nathan|C

« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2009, 10:12:41 »

So is RMS saying that he enjoys playing with a Plastic tub (JetSki) more than a proper Ship (North Star)?

Whatever flicks your switch  ;D

Why did someone vote for Furie? All the time and effort put into that boat  :-\
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 10:14:43 by Nathan|C »

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2009, 10:21:16 »

I voted Titanic.

Played with her what...about four times i'd say.

I personally don't see any point in keeping her. :)

mvsmith

« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2009, 14:38:21 »

I like the Titanic, I enjoy operating her, and I think Jason did an excellent job despite the whining of the nit-pickers. What I object to is the cult of Titaniacs who try to make her the tail that wags the dog.

We see very few missions that use her in any reasonable way, and little evidence that she is actually sailed in any competent way. I see little reason to expend major resources, either in modeling more of the interior or in anything that causes her to put more demands on the system.

She served her purpose well in the introductory days of Ship Simulator, but her importance to sales of SS 2010 is greatly exaggerated.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2009, 15:36:44 »

I find the Titanic very easy to handle, she has all the controls needed to get around safely and if care is taken she is great fun. However I do think that she is just another ship and in no way special. As has been said many times before, she hit a berg and sank! That IS the only thing about her that is special. As Marty has said, you can count on one hand the number of missions (Proper ones, that is) that are in the game, either as standard or Custom missions. That alone indicates how popular she is in actual playing, rather than just looking at her and counting rivets :P. To finalise my point, when SS2010 is released I will STILL have SS2008 and Titanic to sail, so why have her in a third game?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 15:39:02 by Traddles »
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

Nathan|C

« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2009, 15:50:10 »

Red Jet 4, Herkules Atlas and Elbe have 0 Votes..... Elbe, ok, is a very popular ships, but RJ4 and the Herkules? Very Suprising

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2009, 15:56:27 »

I would have been surprised if anyone thought those three ships were unworthy. Nothing surprising at all there.
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

Garth H

« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2009, 17:29:59 »

Hello,  Can anybody tell me what the purpose of a jetski is other than to annoy me...

mvsmith

« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2009, 18:00:30 »

Perhaps that alone justifies its presence.
Actually, it is quite popular; many missions feature it. It is fun to ride, especially in 4-meter seas.
One needs to know how to drive it: Disable “precision steering” so you can quickly chop power and put drive amidships. Steer with the mouse and use small angles. Do not exceed speeds that cause it to go airborne.

Sam

• Forum member
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2009, 18:16:45 »

I allso like the Sherpa a lot, like a lot of members.
(Just not the paint scheme like I said before)

But, when I go to MP, I hate it when people use it as a harbour tug.

The Fairmount Sherpa is ment to tow oilrigs or to pull anchors out of the bottom.
Or to supply oilrigs.

Not for pushing or pulling containerships to their berth.
It is one of the reasons for wich I keep away from servers with the Sherpa on it.

Ppl who do this don't know a lot of ships (but hey, that is only my opinion).

(I am not saying that I know a lot of ships)

Nathan|C

« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2009, 18:21:24 »

But, when I go to MP, I hate it when people use it as a harbour tug.

Sam,

You seem to use the word "hate" a lot. Hate is a very strong word. You cannot tow Oil Rigs around in MP, and the ship is very strong, which is why a lot of users tend to use her as a Standard tug. I agree, it is a bit overused, but it gets the job done.

I wouldn't avoid the servers with Sherpa on just for that reason.

Sam

• Forum member
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2009, 19:07:53 »

Well, I use the word hate, biceaus I allso hate it.

Why use the Sherpa, if the Bugsier 2 can do the job much better?

I allways refuse a Sherpa from assisting me.

Ok, I can understand that people want to use the Sherpa.
But why so many people?

Playing the game realisticly is verry important for me, and then I hate it when someone wants to come and assist me with the Sherpa.

Something ellse I hate on mp is that, I have a perfect course to enter Marseille on the Lattitude.
And suddenly someone on a POR thinks it is OK to crash his ship while going 20 knots at the port entrance.

It is hard to find some serious players on mp.

But I am getting a little bit to much off topic.

Nathan|C

« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2009, 19:32:19 »

I agree with the POR section - I don't like it in MP Marseille when i'm in a larger, slower ship and someone cuts in front of me almost causing a crash - They should wait and try to communicate.

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2009, 00:54:58 »

Why did someone vote for Furie? All the time and effort put into that boat  :-\
You want Titanic out, only to turn around and say that you don't want a ship with a lot of time and effort put into it removed?

Pffffffffffffffffffft.

And about the jetski, ever piloted it in 4m waves? INSTANT AIR! ;D

Anyway, if you want a ship that had little effort put into it out, do you remember how little info Vstep had about the PoR when they modelled it...?

;D

And suddenly someone on a POR thinks it is OK to crash his ship while going 20 knots at the port entrance.

Actually, I usually do that in Ocean Star. I think I only did that in PoR once, that being because neither my favorite, nor second favorite vessel was on the server!

Maybe I said that at the wrong time :-\ :P
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 01:08:47 by RMS Gigantic »

ash

• Forum member
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2009, 18:24:40 »

i hate titanic because it takes up toooooooo much computing power and it is boring, why include it in another game?? if you want to sail it you can play SS06 and SS08 and play SS10 for other things!!
life is expensive but it includes a trip round the sun every year!

moderator on www.ssme.heavenforum.com/forum
join for free now!

v.h94

• Beta Tester
« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2009, 21:42:46 »

I woted wrong i should vote for Titanic instead for Elbe
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines