Hello Guest April 26, 2024, 17:39:22 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: My Farewell As A Moderator  (Read 29647 times)

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
My Farewell As A Moderator
« on: October 14, 2008, 21:12:06 »

Hiya all :)

As some of you may have already noticed, I am no longer a part of the forum moderation team.  I had to resign my position due to heath problems, which is unfortunate, and something that I didn't want to do, but it was necessary.

It's possible that this will be my final post on the forum, but I can't be 100% certain of that, I guess a lot of it depends on future events ???

Anyway, I'm taking this opportunity to offer a great big THANK YOU to VSTEP, the forum team, and all other members.  It's been a great honour and a privilege being a part of the forum team, and helping (I hope) other members.

VSTEP...........what can I say about such a wonderful company............they are just that, WONDERFUL!!!!!  A heartfelt Thanks for everything VSTEP ;D ;D ;D ;D

The Moderation/CMM team..........to be part of such an amazing group of people, has been a real privilege, and something that I will NEVER forget, keep up the great work guys, and thank you so much for allowing me to work alongside you all ;D ;D ;D ;D

The members............none of the moderation team would be here without you guys, so you deserve a big thank you too.  A really friendly forum is here for all, because of the members, let none of us forget that.  Keep on Ship Simming guys ;D ;D ;D ;D

Before I go, I would like to apologise to any members who have contacted me by PM since I've been away from the forum (46 PM's in total :o).  I'm sorry I was unable to deal with your problems, and I hope you all have them sorted out.  If not, contact one of the current Moderators, and they will deal with it for you :)

Whilst I still can, I intend to leave my full set of videos (from when I first started making them) on YouTube, so all of those who are subscribing, keep those eyes peeled for some new content over the next few weeks.  I won't be replying to any of the videos, but at least I can leave you all something to watch ;)

For those interested, my YT page is here:

http://uk.youtube.com/user/DJMorpheus2007

I will shut up now, otherwise waffling may ensue :D

Have fun and take good care of yourselves guys :)

Kind regards.

Carl.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
Re: My Farewell As A Moderator
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 21:14:21 »

Bye Carl. :'(

P.S. You should know better then to use so many smiles. ;D
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 21:17:51 by Agent|Austin »

firestar12

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 21:16:03 »

DJM, Its hard to see you go. Eve though We didnt talk much on the forum, I remember when we met on YT. How interested in this game i was. And how exited to get it. Good luck. Also, Will you continue to be on youtube? Im really gonna miss you. :'( Bye bye. I will never forget such a great Moderator and friend.

Firestar

Person264

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 21:17:34 »

Bye Carl, you were a great Moderator and general good guy  :) I hope you fix yourself, like you managed to fix so many of our problems

TerryRussell

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 21:32:06 »

Hi Carl.

Thank you for all of your kind and curteous work here. You helped hundreds, perhaps thousands of people with your terrific technical knowledge. You calmed many tense situations with your charm and your sunny disposition. I've always found your insights to be informative, amusing, enlightening and above all, something to look forward to.

You and I had many laughs together, both on the forum and out of sight.

I hope to see you back here soon.

Good luck and best wishes, my friend.

Gentlemen, I propose a toast!

Please be upstanding, and raise your glasses to Carl.

TO CARL!

firestar12

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 21:34:11 »

Hi Carl.

Thank you for all of your kind and curteous work here. You helped hundreds, perhaps thousands of people with your terrific technical knowledge. You calmed many tense situations with your charm and your sunny disposition. I've always found your insights to be informative, amusing, enlightening and above all, something to look forward to.

You and I had many laughs together, both on the forum and out of sight.

I hope to see you back here soon.

Good luck and best wishes, my friend.

Gentlemen, I propose a toast!

Please be upstanding, and raise your glasses to Carl.

TO CARL!
TO CARL!

Capt.Bluebeard

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 21:53:30 »

HI Carl ;)
it's sad to hear but i understand and all will go the right way for you my friend, it strange how wee can feel wee know eds oder from Yost talking here and all the pm,s. I wish you all god in from now and for ewer Carl and hope wee here from you from time to time, take care on you self my dear friend,will miss all the fun and serious chats and special the Pm's from you, you haw been a trow friend in here Carl, i give you this roses for all the good thing you haw don for us all in here and all the support you haw given me in my illness Tank you Carl Will miss you and newer forget you
and wish you all well
From you friend in Norway for ewer
Remember kip you humor up as you always told me
and i will not say god bay to you my friend i will reader say see/hear you later ;) ;)
Tore
;) :( :'(
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 23:17:33 by Capt.Bluebeard »

eviss

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 22:29:37 »

Hello Carl,

I would like to thank you, for the kind and helpfull way, you adressed all of us.

Either in the thread / topic, or more direct in a PM.

Wishing you the best for now, hoping you'll be back some day.

Your friend forever; joining the toast and raising my glass: TO YOU

vriendelijke groeten / kind regards Erik  ;)

« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 22:38:52 by eviss »
THX SF!
Redfox
"Dover-Calais in the same environement !"

Capetan Thanasis

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2008, 22:46:17 »

Hi Carl
I was sad reading that it's possible your post to be the last one. I feel that the forum will be poorer without you. The forum needs persons like you (and Terry and any other member) who are willing to help.
We will miss you.
I wish you the best and I hope to see you soon in the forum.
Good bye
Thanasis
Best Regards

Thanasis

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2008, 23:43:44 »

Hoy Carl,
Through the year i know you,you became a very good friend.Not just by your work as a moderator,however just in general by al the PM's and mails.
I surely will mis you,we went a long way back now.
Thanks that i've knowed you on this forum,as a friend!!
Marc
N

Master Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2008, 00:53:01 »

hi carl, my good friend. I hoped this day would never come. But i see it finally has. I wish tons of luck and i hope you can come back and visit us here. So as others have said Cheers To Carl!!!! good luck my friend, hope to see again here someday. :)

trains

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2008, 03:10:47 »

well Carl, thought this would never happen.....we're all gonna miss ya...hope you pull through.....hope you come back to the forums if you turn out alright....i don't want to loose my best friend....you were probaly the first person i talked to on the forums....you helped me a lot.....you were the best mod ever(no offense to the others) pull through man :(
TO CARL

thanks to TJK for this awsome sig :D

Radeon HD 6850; AMD FX 4100 3.62 Ghz; 4 GB Ram

bbydino05

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2008, 03:28:23 »

Well i never really talked to carl ??? ??? ??? ??? ???, but i do wish him the best of luck, to not fall when times are hard, to live everyday as if it is your last. And i really enjoyed your vids on youtube. Hope you pull through :) :) :). And to never give up

- Best Regards Bbydino05 (Super Star Line Captain Cody)

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2008, 10:08:36 »

ALL THE BEST TO YOU CARL the pm,s say it all you will be missed
and in my thoughts often you pop up when ever possible
                         a very sad sad sadsid
                                                              Eric :(

CaptainMike1

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2008, 10:27:53 »

Carl

Many thanks for all your help with various matters over the last year or so.

I wish you all the best and hope your health recovers and that we see you back here again as a MOD!!

Best wishes

Mike

pigdog

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2008, 11:38:32 »

Hey Carl,

I'd like to thank you for all the help, advice and imformation that you have shared with all of us here, your presence on the forum will be missed by all.

Here's to you, take care man.

Cheers

Pigdog
[img width=585 height=150http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/9431/panddax5.png]

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2008, 11:44:17 »

Carl I'd just like to say that since the time we knew each other, you have been a great friend and a good example to a lot of people both here and elsewhere  :)

It's sad to see you leave but of course take your time to get yourself better again. I wish you the very best of luck in the future, and I hope someday that we will all see you again.

Take care mate  ;)
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2008, 12:55:58 »

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2008, 16:08:24 »

Carl,

You have been a great great friend over the time I knew you, it has been great chatting with you on here, and when we worked together on MPSS.

Thank you also, you have me my first ever moderator position, i'll never forget that ;D

I hope that your health problems one day, are sorted out.

Thanks for the great times :)

TO CARL.

SA

firestar12

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2008, 21:52:01 »

I know i have already said stuff, But You know, I am really going to be affected by this. Not only online, But offline in the real world too. Carl, I will miss you. To me, This is like the death of a friend. Only worse. The part that makes it worse is that your gone, Like a death, But worse because we know your still out there and we cant talk to you. I am really going to miss you. I will never forget you. I wish i could somehow get an email address, Or way to contact you. Because I dont know if its me, But i have a feeling were not just going to let you go without a gift from all of us. *Hint-Hint* I also have the feeling we haven't seen the last of you. But for now, Only time will tell. Carl, Promise you will never forget us. We will always be your friends at heart. I will always cherish your name being on my Youtube friends list. I wish i could have gotten to know you better. I also hope you get better. I dont hope, I Know you will get better. I dont know how this forum will deal with this loss. Your loss will be a setback indeed. Many of us will not be the same after this. I know i wont. Oh DJM, I remember the very first time we met on youtube. (It was trhough comments)
Firestar: Whats the name of the song? I might want to use it in my Ship Simulator Videos? It sounds cool too
DJM:As posted previously:It's called 'Requiem For A Dream (Remix)' by Clint Mansell. It's actually listed in the movie credits ;-)
Firestar:Sorry if i bugged you lol
DJM:Thanks, I love that music too. First time I heard it was on "Lord of the Rings: Return of the King" game, by EA ;-)
And so on. It pains me to realize that you have gone. And all the stuff you have done. In fact, I was so crazy about this game, I swear i watched ever youtube video on the game. EVERY on. No exaggeration whatsoever. And your video really made me exited to get the game. So, If it weren't for you, I probably wouldn't have the game. Saying goodbye aches my heart. We will never forget you DJM. We were pretty close. I will have to move on now. :'( I dont want to move on. But i must. I really dont want t say goodbye. Goodbye DJM. Goodbye. I hope you have fun. I know you will be proud of us all as some of us raise to new heights. Goodbye DJM, I will never forget you. :'( Goodbye. This really pains me and will have a long-term effect on me.

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2008, 01:13:25 »

Sorry, Carl, and you WILL be missed....

The Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2008, 01:31:16 »

Carl, it is with great sadness that I say goodbye. Time with you on the forum has been a real joy, and I think I speak for everyone when I say that all of us, over the 2,000 members, will miss you ;D. I am sorry that these problems of yours have just risen up out of nowhere. I am also sad that none of my PM's to you have been answered, but I understand your situation so it is only fair to say I do not intend you to answer them at all ;). But, what I do ask your favor of, is that you will at least occasionaly check up on all of us from time to time ;D ;). So, it is sad that you must shove off your boat to the sea, with no radio ;D, but I hope we will see your boat again in this large harbor of a forum. Fare thy well Carl, and feel much better ;).

pheonixchain

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2008, 01:54:44 »

we will all miss you :'(

paintar03

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2008, 04:09:25 »

Just a quik word to express my gratitude to you...u helped me over come some pretty basic stuff about the game and how to run it properly..you were cool in your responses and held a steady course...may the wind be on your quarter and happy sailing.... 8)

[SJ]Stein

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2008, 18:59:39 »

From all the posts written here in great respect, i can only say "Salute!"

Cheers Carl! you Da Manoderator!

Kind Regards,

Steiny
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines