Hello Guest May 11, 2024, 08:35:56 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: new horizons  (Read 56432 times)

serkan

• Forum member
Re: new horizons
« Reply #150 on: March 22, 2008, 14:42:20 »

They didn't!! VSTEP have NOT posted a release date. The mods told people that it MIGHT be released today, but no definate answer has been given :)

Please see my topic ;)

http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,5356.0.html

they posted release date 22 March

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #151 on: March 22, 2008, 14:42:49 »

Yes but the date of Easter this year has not just been decided, why did they announce 22 Macrh when they new they couldn't make it??

How can they know that? Do they ask a astrologer? LOL! :D
They just set a deadline (probably estimated deadline) and work according to this one. But things may happen durring the work that delays the ETR - Estimated Time of Release.
So if they said: "Folks, we will release it on Monday" it may even not be released before Friday because of the delays. :)

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #152 on: March 22, 2008, 14:48:27 »

Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

Cobrattack

• Forum member
« Reply #153 on: March 22, 2008, 15:03:06 »

I really wish VSTEP would have come in at some point and _______________ (fill in blank with your favorite adjective) mentioned this  .

Got this from UK Amazon:

"This item will be released on March 28, 2008. Pre-order now! Items for dispatch to UK will be sold by Amazon's Preferred Merchant."

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ship-Simulator-2008-Official-Add-On/dp/B0013DQATS/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1206194431&sr=8-2

Would have been nice if VSTEP would put that little bit of info on their website before we all sat here refreshing our web pages hoping it would be released today.  Oh well things happen.

ACR

• Forum member
« Reply #154 on: March 22, 2008, 15:14:52 »

I case you and some of your follow-up posters didn't quite understand, I'd probably better let you know that most of us were joking! Hence the fireworks in my posts.  ;D

Personally, I was answering people's technical queries until long after you were safely tucked up in bed. Just because it was midnight in the UK, not all of the world has their sun in the same position in the skies. In some places, tomorrow has only just arrived, today.

Remember: "sleep is for wimps".

terry, i quite do understand. yoke or not, i understand you,re hot and hungry for the release. it is not an offence, i am just laughing a little how people spend the night in front the website with the corcs ready for pop :-))))).

i personally believe nothing will happen all this day and nothing tomorrow, the download links will be published after easter. but it would be very nice when i,m wrong, since i will follow the impressions and comments on new horizon and when they are positive, i will not wait to buy.

TerryRussell

« Reply #155 on: March 22, 2008, 15:52:13 »

I'm quite certain that nothing will happen this (long) weekend.

I am certainly not "hot and hungry" for the release. I have too much to do, creating missions and advising people about geting their computer to run the existing version without the complications of another update.

But there is growing bitterness in some of the postings that Vstep have released the German version some days ago, but don't seem to care about releasing the English language version in line with the announcements they made and which have never been altered. Take a look at the forums and you'll see what I mean.

That is NOT the way to keep the paying customers happy, believe me. Perhaps Vstep need to rethink their marketing approach for the games/simulator market. It is very different to the "professional" field in which they operated previously. ???

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #156 on: March 22, 2008, 15:58:49 »

Just to add some perspective..

It's not just VSTEP that is concerned with the releases here. Lighthouse and Astragon take care of publishing, so I bet they've got a say too.. and I bet their decisions also weigh heavily on things.  :)

Astragon seems to have the first rights.. and no, I don't know why.  :)

Fred

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #157 on: March 22, 2008, 16:19:00 »

Well let's all hope the Add-on is released soon. I'm aware of the process of marketing and distrubting copies of the games (to a certain extent, I'm no expert by far) and know that it's not easy to keep everything running smoothly. However, I do agree with Terry's comments about VSTEPS (and other associates) marketing strategies and think that they should release the add-on at the same time. It makes sense as they can then start to promot their software in one big go and get EVERYONE interested regardless of their location in the world.

I'm just sitting here patiently waiting for the add-on, I'm not desperatly in need of it, although when it comes I shall see what happens :)

EDIT: Typo
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 16:31:07 by CaptainSpencer »
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

TerryRussell

« Reply #158 on: March 22, 2008, 16:33:54 »

Don't get me wrong, please. I will buy NH when it comes out. I really enjoy Ship Simulator.  I am looking forward to some new ships to play with.

But after people got their hopes up so much, there are some who are feeling somewhat let down. It's a bit like expecting to wake up to Christmas, only to find that you got the dates wrong.

Oh well, onwards and upwards, eh?  ;)

NathanC

« Reply #159 on: March 22, 2008, 17:58:53 »

Someone is going around saying that New Horizons started to be produced at the factory 2 days ago.......
Not that i believe them, i just want the person to know that they are more than likely worng. In fact certainly wrong.

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #160 on: March 22, 2008, 18:01:58 »

Someone is going around saying that New Horizons started to be produced at the factory 2 days ago.......
Not that i believe them, i just want the person to know that they are more than likely worng. In fact certainly wrong.

That's a load of nonsense. Even I know it can take weeks to produce thousands of copies and distribute them all over the world!

This person must be put striaght and stop spreading non-existant rumours.

pigdog

• Forum member
« Reply #161 on: March 22, 2008, 18:13:52 »

I heard that Elvis is signing the first 50 copies!
[img width=585 height=150http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/9431/panddax5.png]

CaptainMike1

• Forum member
« Reply #162 on: March 22, 2008, 18:15:54 »

Is he in the building then?

??? ???

TerryRussell

« Reply #163 on: March 22, 2008, 18:16:51 »

No he's left the building, along with Frasier.

pigdog

• Forum member
« Reply #164 on: March 22, 2008, 18:17:15 »

Yes he's the only one working over Easter, He needs the overtime I think.
[img width=585 height=150http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/9431/panddax5.png]

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #165 on: March 22, 2008, 18:21:11 »

No he's left the building, along with Frasier.

Haha that made me laugh! :D He left on a Red Jet 4 ;D

CaptainMike1

• Forum member
« Reply #166 on: March 22, 2008, 18:23:34 »

And as he left on the Red Jet he was singing I can't help believing!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApBJMrYcTmM

Jackobaker53

• Forum member
« Reply #167 on: March 22, 2008, 18:34:42 »

god whens it gonna be released, ive had people say it was the 20th, today (22nd) the 28th, if there are so many release dates for this month the games must be done so why not just say a release date
Gypsies call themselves travellers,but most of their caravans dont have wheels

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #168 on: March 22, 2008, 19:03:35 »

Check the publishers website, they are bound to know the real one...

There's never been a definate one posted here, only a planned one. If people draw their conlcusions then it's their own fault for being dissapointed I guess.. :P

But Lighthouse, being the one publishing it, should know for sure... and their site says April 4th.. so...

That's all I can say.

Regards,
Fred

TerryRussell

« Reply #169 on: March 22, 2008, 19:19:59 »

So, sometime before next Christmas seems possible then?  ;)

Jayshum

• Forum member
« Reply #170 on: March 22, 2008, 19:40:22 »

Gah, lucky I didn't cancel my pre-order!

ACR

• Forum member
« Reply #171 on: March 22, 2008, 21:21:25 »

But there is growing bitterness in some of the postings that Vstep have released the German version some days ago, but don't seem to care about releasing the English language version in line with the announcements they made and which have never been altered. Take a look at the forums and you'll see what I mean.

That is NOT the way to keep the paying customers happy, believe me. Perhaps Vstep need to rethink their marketing approach for the games/simulator market.

terry, you are 100% right with this statement. i also wrote some post regarding this in the last days. i hope that NH will be a good piece of work, sice they are indeed warning signals from the german forum. i will definitly wait comments from here until i will make my decision.

and hopefully they will indeed rethink some issues.

best regards and happy easter, lets enjoy the holidays, with or without NH :-)

devin15

• Forum member
« Reply #172 on: March 22, 2008, 21:32:32 »

oke its saturday nobody is working today an tomorow soo how can they update this site I think we must wait until its theusday because monday its a sunday .

grtz: devin

Cobrattack

• Forum member
« Reply #173 on: March 22, 2008, 21:35:30 »

Well I for one have been getting my dates from websites that are going to be selling it such as Amazon.  Which now says the 28th,, of course between now and then that can change again.  Just would be nice to get a definite answer from someone!  But since I apparently have time now wish me luck cause I'm about to do a complete reload back to Windows XP... finally got Vista working fine but it should be running soooo much better.  A frame rate of 16 in free mode just plain isn't good enough!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 21:38:31 by Cobrattack »

Graeme Heddle

• Forum member
« Reply #174 on: March 22, 2008, 22:21:18 »

Thanks for all these replies, this post has increased by three pages in the space of a day. I've only logged on to the site now, is it true that New Horizons hasn't been released yet? >:(

thanks to Captain Bluebeard for the sig
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines