Hello Guest May 15, 2024, 18:10:06 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Titanic II  (Read 54903 times)

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
Re: Titanic II
« Reply #100 on: April 11, 2013, 05:28:49 »

I'm apparently the great grandson of an Irish immigrant whose son kept on throwing rocks at a traffic in New York, breaking each light and its replacement until the city put the "Irish green" over the "British red" for that particular corner. It's still that way today, even though even the traffic lights in Ireland have red on top, so the city is now required to put up signs before the intersection to warn drivers that the traffic light ahead has a green lamp on top and red on bottom.

Thus, the only thing that my Irish grandfather managed to accomplish was turning an intersection into a hazard if there are colorblind drivers around. ::)

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #101 on: April 11, 2013, 06:51:18 »

lol, you implying Irishmen are stupid?

Nope I'm pulling Jack's leg.  ;D

I'm apparently the great grandson of an Irish immigrant whose son kept on throwing rocks at a traffic in New York, breaking each light and its replacement until the city put the "Irish green" over the "British red" for that particular corner.

Love that story, I only wonder why there's always more Irish Americans that seem to be a descendant of the vandals of Tipperary Hill, than there were actual Irish Immigrants in the USA at that time.. haha.  :P
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 06:53:09 by Mad_Fred »

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #102 on: April 11, 2013, 15:40:59 »

Love that story, I only wonder why there's always more Irish Americans that seem to be a descendant of the vandals of Tipperary Hill, than there were actual Irish Immigrants in the USA at that time.. haha.  :P
What I can't figure out is why they still defend the deed :doh:

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #103 on: April 11, 2013, 19:12:43 »

..only the smart ones..  :evil:

Oooooooohhh..... :evil:

Are you Irish Fred? :lol:
Kind Regards,
Jack.

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
« Reply #104 on: April 11, 2013, 19:40:06 »

..only the smart ones..  :evil:
expesually with beer going down £0.01  :P
Penny to spend some where else
Captain Cadet
Please don't message me for technical support!

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #105 on: April 11, 2013, 20:18:48 »

Oooooooohhh..... :evil:

Are you Irish Fred? :lol:

Is binn béal ina thost    ;D

The Ferry King

• Forum member
« Reply #106 on: April 12, 2013, 00:15:33 »

wow,

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #107 on: April 12, 2013, 11:40:11 »

Google aistriú oibríonn go han-mhaith! :lol:
Kind Regards,
Jack.

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #108 on: April 12, 2013, 16:55:38 »

Google aistriú oibríonn go han-mhaith! :lol:
Amháin más rud é nach féidir leat a léamh i ndáiríre cad a thagann amach :P

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #109 on: April 12, 2013, 18:44:58 »

I never said I used google.  ;D

The Ferry King

• Forum member
« Reply #110 on: April 12, 2013, 19:39:49 »

I never said I used google.  ;D

Maybe another translator?

I can think of many,

i guess there is also one in your head, fred?

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #111 on: April 16, 2013, 00:38:19 »

Getting back to Titanic II and the matter of the camera in the bow, Clive Palmer said at the London press conference (now available on Youtube) that the camera in the bow will be for when the ship is at port. That is, they will not be allowing people on the forward section of the forecastle when the ship is underway.

floatboat

• Forum member
« Reply #112 on: May 01, 2013, 18:16:13 »

Getting back to Titanic II and the matter of the camera in the bow, Clive Palmer said at the London press conference (now available on Youtube) that the camera in the bow will be for when the ship is at port. That is, they will not be allowing people on the forward section of the forecastle when the ship is underway.
That just ruined a lot of peoples plans.... so much for "I'm the king of the world" re-enactments

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #113 on: May 01, 2013, 22:02:30 »

.... so much for "I'm the king of the world" re-enactments

Thank deity! :doh: "I'm king of the world" is so cliched!
Today's weather:

http://www.lsmma.com/webcam/webcam_st.html

Not to sound cliched, but what a long, strange, trip it's been.

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #114 on: May 02, 2013, 05:12:10 »

According to a recent tweet from the Titanic II Twitter account, Blue Star Line will be meeting with Deltamarin and CSC Jinling this weekend. I suspect it's related to their tweet a few hours prior that Blue Star Line was "working hard finalising plans for construction to begin." I know that among the changes that have been made to the design is a redesign of the ship's stern to give it a shape more akin to the original (Deltamarin has stated as such).

Also, apparently they are making a documentary around the construction of Titanic II.

The Ferry King

• Forum member
« Reply #115 on: May 02, 2013, 06:57:17 »

Some things the builders need to change, seriously the bow area has always been one of the most famous places ever,

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #116 on: May 02, 2013, 07:15:39 »

only in the movies, mate...   :P

at least if you're talking about the jack & rose moment.

Would be really hard to change the law on account of a fictional movie scene.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 07:18:06 by Mad_Fred »

The Ferry King

• Forum member
« Reply #117 on: May 02, 2013, 13:56:50 »

only in the movies, mate...   :P

at least if you're talking about the jack & rose moment.

Would be really hard to change the law on account of a fictional movie scene.  ;)

i was actually talking about the bow itself, not the jack rose moment,
remember those pictures showing titanic underwater, (the picture of the bow)

the jack rose moment was a stupid idea,

wait i'm confused, are you talking about a bow camera being fitted inside the bow so people can track the Titanics path through the eyes of a bow camera

or some stupid camera filming people standing on that rail where jack & rose stood,= if it is this then Fred you completely miss understood my point ;0/

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #118 on: May 03, 2013, 03:37:48 »

The bow camera will be mounted on the front of the vessel and face backwards to give people a chance to stand at the bow of the vessel when the ship is in port and acting as a museum. It's just a small way for Blue Star Line to make additional money, and it adds 3 inches onto the overall length of the ship. Personally, I take little issue with this as long as people are prohibited from the bow when the ship is at sea, which it appears will be the case ;D

Another slight modification that has been made to Titanic II since the design shown on the website: They now plan on using what essentially amounts to something akin to a one-way mirror for the observation decks inside the front two funnels, so that people on those decks can look out but those in front of the funnels on deck only see funnels, without windows.

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #119 on: May 03, 2013, 05:04:43 »

and it adds 3 inches onto the overall length of the ship. Personally, I take little issue with this

That a refreshing attitude on your behalf compared to disputing every single little speck of difference between Titanic and it's Shipsim counterpart in the past.  ;)  :lol:

But those 3 inches, seriously speaking, are peanuts compared to some of the changes in design that alter her beam, her bow line, and more of such iconic shapes. Surely you'll also agree that it won't be a proper replica if they keep on changing things like that..

The more I read about it and about the changes compared to the original, the more I realise it's not going to be the Titanic, it's just going to be a floating Titanic theme park. That's a pity though, if I'd ever book a cruise on her, I'd want to feel the essence of 100 years ago, if possible.. to go back in time and experience what life on a luxury liner was really like. Not just be in a theme park where it might look kinda the same, but is actually as realistic as the movie was.  :doh:

The Ferry King

• Forum member
« Reply #120 on: May 03, 2013, 17:07:29 »

I thought that all depends on the idea of 'safety first'

without it the Titanic 2 would be an exact replica of the original ship,

clanky

• Forum member
« Reply #121 on: May 03, 2013, 18:02:47 »

Don't see why they need to change anything for safety reasons, I mean the original was unsinkable.

Dannypenguin

• Forum member
« Reply #122 on: May 03, 2013, 18:14:22 »

Don't see why they need to change anything for safety reasons, I mean the original was unsinkable.
  ;D

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #123 on: May 03, 2013, 19:24:21 »

I thought that all depends on the idea of 'safety first'

Nah, save money first, safety second.  ;D

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #124 on: May 04, 2013, 00:50:51 »

Fred, I honestly believe that Titanic II is far safer than she is budget-conscious ;D For example, the front of the ship has slightly more flare, perhaps in part due to the safety deck, but what the added hull height (from the Safety Deck) and additional flare do for Titanic II is make her more capable of slicing through rogue waves. There are also measures being taken to make her less likely to suffer major damage in ship-ship collisions. What's more, from what I can understand of one of Deltamarin's remarks, it sounds like there's a "Watertight deck" within the ship's bowels to further divide up her watertight compartments ;D

So in a way, from these safety features to the highly varied decor of her first class areas, Titanic II is shaping up to be among the safest and most luxurious passenger ships afloat, if not the pinnacle of those ideals. In that way, even though she is not the largest ship in the world, Titanic II DOES capture several qualities of the first. ;)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines