Hello Guest May 14, 2024, 23:50:42 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 28   Go Down

Author Topic: ShipSim Magazine - Discussion Topic - Issue 13  (Read 231082 times)

Shipaddict

• Forum member
Re: ShipSim Magazine - Discussion Topic
« Reply #225 on: October 04, 2009, 21:10:43 »

Ah I see what you mean

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #226 on: October 04, 2009, 21:45:10 »

My idea is have a pole launched with an issue release and have it end when the next issue comes out; that or change the poll, keeping the topic. Heck, maybe have the poll right here!

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
Re: ShipSim Magazine - Discussion Topic - Next Issue Now Out!
« Reply #227 on: October 05, 2009, 07:50:49 »

I think The Ferry Man might be in danger of loosing his crown ;)

The Lagan Viking and Mersey Viking are new sister ships (the first link) .The 2nd link shows the old version of the Mersey Viking, now Dublin Viking.

The Lagan and Mersey Viking are larger sister ships to the likes of the Norman Voyager, Scottish Viking, Borja etc :)

Hi TFM, Laganviking,

I went on the Dublin Viking last year, Dublin/Liverpool route. I also saw the Mersey Viking, which was coated in red. In the terminal next door to us at Liverpool.

That's where the cunfusion is!

Jack.
Kind Regards,
Jack.

Shipdude98

• Forum member
« Reply #228 on: October 08, 2009, 02:37:10 »

Very nice idea! Looks excellent!
Join my Multiplayer Cargo Service! (MCS) Info available on the SS08 multiplayer forums.

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
Re: ShipSim Magazine - Discussion Topic - Next Issue Now Out!
« Reply #229 on: October 08, 2009, 07:49:10 »

What did you make of the Dublin Viking?  ;D

I enjoyed it. I was stood right at the front, under the Bridge at around 5 O'Clock in the morning, entering Dublin Port. By  God it was windy :lol: :D

But great to watch all the ships go by.

Jack.
Kind Regards,
Jack.

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #230 on: October 08, 2009, 16:31:55 »

Hi guys,

I don't want to seem like a grumpy old so and so or anything but could we try and not venture off topic to much? If we could try and keep it close to the topic it keeps the thread cleaner. :)

Thanks!
Mike :)

laganviking

• Forum member
« Reply #231 on: October 08, 2009, 16:45:08 »

I went one better and removed my messages  ;)
LV SHIPYARDS - Whatever you want, whatever you like, whatever you say, you pay your money, you take your choice  :lol: :2thumbs: :captain: !:)

Shipaddict

• Forum member
Re: ShipSim Magazine - Discussion - Looking For Contributors!
« Reply #232 on: October 08, 2009, 18:46:20 »

Thanks Mark, it's just so we don't have a cluttered up topic :)

I am now looking for people who would like to write for the mag or contribute. You can contribute in the following ways:

• Writing an article. *
  • Donating some pictures for the media section
  • Donating usermade videos to be featured
  • Someone who would like to be featured in the User in the Spotlight column. *
  • Anything else I / you can think of

* I'm afraid that I already have someone to do a review of a ship for this month. However, if you would like to write about a particular experience you have had on multiplayer. E.g. you talk about a time when you sucessfully took Vermaas into port with the help of other people in tugs etc. An article explainging what you did and what others did and how it turned out. Something along those lines.

If anyone is interested in writing an article about some ships or ship etc in real life that would be appreciated to. :)

* This is what Fred did last month. I'm looking for anyone who would like to introduce themself in a slightly more detailed way. :)

If you have any questions or ideas please either say here or in a PM to myself.

Thanks!
Mike

laganviking

• Forum member
Re: ShipSim Magazine - Discussion - Looking For Contributors!
« Reply #233 on: October 08, 2009, 20:09:39 »

Hi Mike,

I was up on the bridge of the former Mersey Viking, now Dulblin Viking about 3 years ago and again wrote a small report for my former website. I could dig it out and bring it up to date if you liked?

I'll also get onto this months guess the name of the ship asap this time ;)

Mark
LV SHIPYARDS - Whatever you want, whatever you like, whatever you say, you pay your money, you take your choice  :lol: :2thumbs: :captain: !:)

Shipaddict

• Forum member
Re: ShipSim Magazine - Discussion Topic - Looking For Contributors!
« Reply #234 on: October 08, 2009, 20:10:40 »

Hi Mark, that would be excellent thanks! :)

v.h94

• Beta Tester
« Reply #235 on: October 09, 2009, 18:17:37 »

I can help you with any baltic ferry i have been on almost all of them and the most recent was Finnclipper i have a lot of pics from her and i would be glad to help :2thumbs:

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #236 on: October 10, 2009, 19:14:53 »

Hi VH, looks like Lagan has sorted the real life article for this month, however next month I'd love to include something from you :)

laganviking

• Forum member
« Reply #237 on: October 10, 2009, 22:21:49 »

mmm bad news im afraid...

I haven't been able to track it down as of yet... :doh:

Best have a back up just incase  :(

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #238 on: October 10, 2009, 22:22:33 »

Ah right ok, hehe, in that case VH looks like we can put something in this issue afterall :)

Kapn Jonah

• Forum member
« Reply #239 on: October 10, 2009, 23:17:48 »

I would love to write for the magazine Mike, but i have no idea what to write about  :doh:
Regards,
Jonah

laganviking

• Forum member
« Reply #240 on: October 11, 2009, 13:12:40 »

Hi Mike,

I haven't been able to find the file i was looking for...managed to find plenty of other rubbish but not the file...always the way  :doh:

However i have found voyage reports i made last summer for our holidays Dublin-Holyhead, Portsmouth-Caen, St Malo-Portsmouth and Holyhead-Dublin.

I will keep these handy, but i will let VH go first for this months issue, and anyone else who wants a turn, seeing i gave up my turn this month  :)

Currently working on "guess the ferry" now so it should be with you soon  :thumbs:

Mark

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #241 on: October 11, 2009, 15:33:41 »

I would love to write for the magazine Mike, but i have no idea what to write about  :doh:

I'd suggest writing about experiences on multiplayer, perhaps something like my example :)

Mark, no problem don't worry, they'll be great for future issues! :)

Shipaddict

• Forum member

Hi All,

I desperately need people to help out with the November issue! Someone who could write something about multiplayer, last month was a sort of overview of it this month I want to know about people's experiences on it.

This magazine won't work without the input and contribution of as many people as possible from the community.

At the moment we are already a page down from last month, I don't want to let it go any lower, I want to try and keep it around 14.

So please, if any of you can help, please do say, either here or in a PM! :)

Thank you, :)

Mike

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member

When is the deadline for the article?

Kapn Jonah

• Forum member

Next Tuesday ;)
Regards,
Jonah

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member

What if it was a page full of brief quotes and anecdotes about MP?

Kapn Jonah

• Forum member

Thats the Deadline....for everything.
Regards,
Jonah

Shipaddict

• Forum member

What if it was a page full of brief quotes and anecdotes about MP?

I don't see why not, could be interesting :)

S.Reich

• Forum member

Soooo, without repeating other people's posts, I'd like to help out if you still need it. I'm not sure if someone is writing about MP, but I can do that. Also, if you need pics, I'd be more than happy to help out, I'm pretty good with fraps. Also, if you'd be interested, I make a point of sailing my sailboat around NJ/NY at least once a month, and I always take pictures. That could be an interesting addition to the mag. PM me and let me know what you think.

Scott
Scott Reich
Titan Administrator
www.titanshipping.net

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator

I think we should do an article on MPSS ;D

Just kidding!

Anyway, I think we should start including some member profile, why they like SS, what they like about it, and what they don't, their location on the globe and what they think could be improved.

Also I think it would be nice to include some meetings aswel, like SSMP meetings and such. I have loads of ideas for this game, this website and lots of other things! :)
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 28   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines