Hello Guest September 29, 2024, 10:34:54 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help!  (Read 1713 times)

eyrebrush

• Forum member
Help!
« on: August 19, 2008, 06:40:11 »

Please, can anyone help me? I've just updated my ship sim game with New horizons. I CANNOT work out how to control the engines on the cruise ship! The bow thrusters are easy; but the stern??? I know the engines can be turned to give thrust in any direction, but I just cannot work out how to do it. I bought the download version so there is no hand book to go with it.

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
Re: Help!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 06:54:37 »

If you use search fuction i think there are a few threads on this
 hope it helps the azimuth thrusters turn you'r stern 90 degrees to port you go stbd
 same the other way round green circle for ahead brown astern
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 06:58:26 by sadsid »

eyrebrush

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 14:34:09 »

Thanks for the suggestion. I had tried the search function, though. I probably would find something about the cruise ship controls - if I searched long enough. However, after half an hour I gave up; the arena is so VAST! I could be on it for hours.That's why I thought I'd open a plea for help myself. I've been practicing - on many occasions - and I THINK I've sussed out a lot about how the controls work, but I still get very confused. ie - why are there green and brown circles - presumably for forward and reverse thrust respectively - when the thrusts themselves can be rotated in any direction? (or can they?)

Ronnie.

LucAtC

• Ship Simulator Developer
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 16:02:46 »

Hello eyebrush,  :)
There is a manual for the add-on, and you can find it in your "start Programs" as usual.
Also, a search in the forum will give you only answers at the level from where you launch the search. To make a thorough search, it is best to stay at the root of the forum. Searching for "cruise ship controls" or "ocean star controls" would surely direct you to interesting topics.
Good luck,
Luc

eyrebrush

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 12:56:33 »

Ummmm. You must think I'm really thick! lol. ....... and I am! Forgive me, where do I find "Start Programs"? ???

Captain Kool

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 13:12:30 »

Start [bottom left] then under My programs or whatever it is you should find the PDF.

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2008, 13:20:58 »

Please, can anyone help me? I've just updated my ship sim game with New horizons. I CANNOT work out how to control the engines on the cruise ship! The bow thrusters are easy; but the stern??? I know the engines can be turned to give thrust in any direction, but I just cannot work out how to do it. I bought the download version so there is no hand book to go with it.

they work on like the red egal controls but all the controls are in 1

moving the leaver forword will make it go ahead same with going back words trun left to go right and right to go left
my collecton of ship sim pics
http://s292.photobucket.com/albums/mm9/pauljanaway1/

Nathan|C

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2008, 13:23:31 »

Actually the Red Eagle and Ocean Star have completely different controls - you can't really compare them at all.

The white arrow on the controllers for the cruise ship is the way the props are pushing the water. In other words, if the arrows are facing right, the ship turns right.

eyrebrush

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2008, 14:29:32 »

Ok, I understand that the swivel control directs the angle of thrust. But, surely the propeller blades must rotate in the same direction all the time? Can't see the need for the brown circle round the control which seems to reverse the propeller rotation ???
Second question: Why are there two controls? If I activate just one of them I get propulsion from both propellers - it would seem. Activating the other one as well just seems to give me more thrust - on both propellers - to gain extra speed. I've always been used to two separate propellers where I can give thrust ahead on one propeller and astern on the other in order to turn the vessel more quickly. Here, as it stands, I've got to slow my ship right down to below two knots before I can use the bow thrusters. So far I've either suceeded in stranding myself in shallow water or striking another vessel! (lol)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines