Hello Guest September 08, 2024, 01:39:18 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Would you like to see these ships in Ship Simulator?  (Read 13543 times)

TTTITANIC

• Forum member
Re: Would you like to see these ships in Ship Simulator?
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2008, 17:01:44 »

i say yes exeped for the raft i mean how does it movie
Edward C. Smith Captin of Pride of Vigo a future ship that will set sail in 2023 by then our world will be the great it hase ever ben (or not Who knows) I want every 1 to send me a pic or video telling me what ship u would like to see in the future( u don't have to send me a vid if u shoose not to

Nemzki

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2008, 17:05:56 »

I can think, that theyare in the game  ;D

jon667

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2008, 04:51:29 »

i would like to see the uss ronald reagan

http://www.navsource.org/archives/02/027642.jpg

also i woud like to see the liberty ship john w brown
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:SS_John_W_Brown.jpg

rizzi 2

• Forum member
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2008, 09:07:28 »

how can i model a ship..

any suggestions

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2008, 09:20:20 »

Hi rizzi 2,

Well, you need to have a program to model with, and to be honest, you need about a year to learn to do that, because the programs used to make models fit for this game, take a long time to learn and also dedication and persistance.

You can try an easy program like Google Sketchup, which will let you create something relatively easy and fast. but in the end this program is not suited to make addons for this game, for quality and conversion reasons. GMAX or TrueSpace are free programs that can really deliver, but they are hard to learn.

If you want the best, you'd go for 3DSMAX, but that will put you back a few thousand dollars, and as such is out of the reach of most hobby modelers.

There's no easy tip or suggestion, you just have to have the proper tools, and learn how to use those.\

Regards,
Fred

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2008, 19:36:17 »

Hi Dom!

I've sorted out the problem with downloading the SS France and your other vessels (My fault haha). And i've downloaded the lot!, i just wanted to let you know that the SS France is CERTAINLY the best model in VS history, and that is true. I've never come accross another model of such high standards. The SS France you made beats ALL of the ships in ship simulator, as far as i am concerned.

This is just a quick notice to everyone, the SS France model even has a full set of lights! all port holes CAN be lit, and passengers and other extra's can be added with a click of a button (When i say this i mean that in the game, you can press the page up key and all the lights come on, same principal for the passengers and other extra's, just a different button.) Eveything about the SS France model is mind blowing! and hand on heart, i can honestly say, i think this is the best virtual model ANYWHERE in the world, today.

I'm sure V-Step would certainly consider putting it in the game. If i was V-Step i would grab the opportunity! ;D

http://i38.tinypic.com/2rnhq1g.jpg - Click that link to make the picture bigger and more clearer

(A picture taken by me to display DVO Marine Design's model in all its glory!)

Visit his website for more details!
http://www.dvomarinedesign.com

Kind Regards,
Jack.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 19:57:26 by IRI5HJ4CK »
Kind Regards,
Jack.

Thruster

• Forum member
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2008, 20:16:42 »

I agree with all the others: WOW!  :o Those ships, especially the ss France look so good! All those lights behind the tiny windows, it really looks great! I definetly would like to see it in SS08. Great job!

Regards,

Thruster

Jayshum

• Forum member
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2008, 15:30:11 »

I can say without doubt that I'd love to see all of them. France and the Runabout lovely. I think a fitting name for the 'Runabout' would be 'Rio Grande'. I wonder will anyone else make the connection there?! :)

UrbanCaveCaptain

• Forum member
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2008, 23:59:05 »

They're all great vessels!

The SS France is absolutely gorgeous and NEEDS to be in SS08 or at the very least available for purchase. Gorgeous!

I’d also like to see the yacht which is a piece of art.

I understand the insane amount of time this takes, especially how far you took it but like you said it will take a great deal more time to make them game ready. I really hope it becomes reality!

Captain Tony

• Forum member
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2008, 04:20:14 »

All these vessels are very good, but SS France is incredibly magnificent, as she was in real life. What I wouldn't give to have this ship in SS2008. And the interior lighting, WOW!

orcades

• Forum member
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2008, 00:58:16 »

Well yes the ships and boats are beautiful, but surely we need more emphasis on realistic handling characteristics, not just pretty ships.

Cheers

ferry master

« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2008, 17:39:49 »

I like the OCARINA  ;)

RMSGreatBritain

• Forum member
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2008, 18:23:27 »

Welcoem DVO, I love your work and knew of you and your work before you joined this forum. Its great to see you here, And I would love to see your work in ship sim. Excellent!
DiamondEagleDB09rms On youtube! Now with New Playlist!
<br />Thanks to TJK for this awesome Sig!

thebigu99

• Forum member
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2008, 15:29:23 »

hey what about the the "BIG U" The S.S United States the fastest ship in the world won the north and eastbound ribbon in 1952 it is now stationed in philadelphia pier 82.

The "BIG U" also needs a very very very super ultra detailed interior too make the ship very attractive and beutiful because the ship is part of the American history and make it an addon pack call it the ship sim "BIG U" Pack and inside the pack includes 2 missions the sailing  from the Ambrose lightship at New York Harbor to Bishop Rock off Cornwall, UK.

The "BIG U" also needs a detailed Bridge,Exterior,Interior(Must Be MEGA ULTRA SUPER UNBELIVEBLY Detailed)So that we can spend more time on her,just like we were on board her in "52" also all the cabins and the very classy cabins door need more detailed make the room doors,cargo doors openable(is it's possible)and make the other misson "THE BIG U'S JOURNEY TO THE ANTARTIC REGION" A fun cruise where they sail in "THE BIG U" to the antartic region's.It's either the North/South pole,Antartica or Alaska.

And make the ship Damageble and put on alot of deck chairs allow access to every compartment of the ship,make the lights(WHEN I SAY LIGHTS I MEAN EVERY LIGHTS LIT)so during the night it will also look beutiful The ship also has to match the exact speed as the real "BIG U" The bridge,exterior must also exquisitley be very detailed(sry for bad english)The interiors need more lighting,openable doors and detailed.

Thank you for reading this post i hope that VSTEP will make this model a reality so that people can relive the glory days of "THE BIG U" and also the Antartic cruise option also this will make alot more people buy Ship Simulator.

I know it's alot of Hard Work but it's worthy even if "THE BIG U" is scrapped at least we are sailing it in our ship sim.

It's not that i don't want to work on the ship myself i love to but i am overseas i will be back in 8 to 9 years or so i am architect in Dubai working on the Emirates tower project.

And on the boxart put the S.S United States bow saying Captain the legendary "BIG U" around the world.

I know it's too much to ask but i hope that anyone would make it happen

Thank You For taking your time to read.

Thebigu99

thebigu99

• Forum member
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2008, 15:32:22 »

sorry about the very classy cabin door it's an error

also all the cabins and the very classy cabins need more detailed make the room doors,cargo doors openable(is it's possible)
Thebigu99

thebigu99

• Forum member
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2008, 15:35:28 »

sorry it's actually Worth it btw if your wondering where i am using my pc it is at the internet cafe k.

worthy is wrong actually (Worth It)
Thebigu99

thebigu99

• Forum member
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2008, 15:40:26 »

here are pics of "THE BIG U"
Thebigu99

adipainter

• Forum member
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2008, 16:55:03 »

Sure,very realistic looking...

NIN

• Forum member
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2008, 21:39:36 »

awesome work the the France, id like to see it in ship sim

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2008, 22:11:46 »

The SS France is probably one of the most beautiful post-war liners ever built.

The art deco Normandie of 1935 is also my favourite pre-war liner. The French sure knew how to design good-looking ships!

I would like to see either one of them in SS
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC

ash

• Forum member
« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2008, 00:45:23 »

please dont quadrouple post Bigu. you can get in a lot of trouble for it. welcome to the forum aswell!!
life is expensive but it includes a trip round the sun every year!

moderator on www.ssme.heavenforum.com/forum
join for free now!

v.h94

• Beta Tester
« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2008, 00:58:16 »

Hi DVO why don't you just try to send your models to V-Step and see what the saying. ;D
But I don't think the acept models that already is in an other simulator(VS) or game (but I'm just think that) :D.
Keep up the good work realy like your models :laugh: I would like to have your models in the game.

Best regards v.h94

DVOMarineDesign

• Forum member
« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2008, 12:20:38 »

Hello everybody,

I'd like to thank you for your comments.

I've not been here for a long time, but since this topic has just been pulled out from a forgotten area of the forum, please let's me tell you what the situation is about the possibility of these ships models for Ship Simulator.

VSTEP did receive these models quite favourably a few months ago.
They were interested in a possible adaptation for SS and then sent me the list of various and numerous necessary things and work to do before I can send them the reasonably "final" product for Ship Simulator's requirement, before they can work on the final touch themselves.

I them worked a lot on that adaptation and conversion, in order to provide a suitable job, in the suitable format (3ds). I've used both 3dsMax and Deep Exploration for that (since my models are made with Rhinoceros 3D and then Gmax), but in their respective trial and limited versions. Of course, after one month, the trial time period expired and the financial means for purchasing the needed full versions of 3dsMax and DeepEx are way beyond what I can afford. So the adaptation work on these models for VSTEP has unfortunately been stopped. Besides, I had to (and still have to) learn to fully use these programs in order to fullfil VSTEP' requirements, what needed and needs some time, although very feasible for the most part.
If this work is not realized by myself, then these models are, understandably, of not a lot interest for VSTEP.
More, even if I had the financial means, these models would have to be supported and sell very very well in order to justify the investment.
As you can see, I'm rather in a deadlock with these ships for Ship Simulator, unfortunately.

In the meantime, after this setback, I did built another model of an old tanker this time. I've released it a few days ago and some further work (a bridge for instance) has still to be done.
Here are some sample shots of the 1958 twin tankers GULBENKIAN and MASSILIA STAR:

You can see these in-game screenshots as well as many other ones in hi-res by clicking here if you want.

Re the SS UNITED STATES for Ship Simulator as suggested above, that would be very nice and a project I would be very interested in working on.

Best regards and Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of you.

DVOMarineDesign.

RMSGreatBritain

• Forum member
« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2008, 12:46:06 »

Dominic those models are absoloutly superb! Shame you cant get the France and other vessels into SS, but earwell. I came across the 'cruise ship project' the other day that you did years ago, and thought maybe you could model that in you 3d modelling program. But anyway, I absoloutly love your 2 tankers, They are brilliant and I wish you could put them in SS.

Merry Christmas and Kind Regards,

RMSGB
DiamondEagleDB09rms On youtube! Now with New Playlist!
<br />Thanks to TJK for this awesome Sig!

Sam

• Forum member
« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2008, 12:51:42 »

Wow, that tanker would be a great addition to the game!

I really like the design of those old tankers with the bridge in the middle of the ship.

Amazing model!

To bad your models won't make it in the game.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 12:54:02 by Sam »
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines