Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 10:49:15 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weather Question  (Read 15321 times)

alpha117

• Forum member
Weather Question
« on: July 16, 2008, 18:42:14 »

Hi All

Just a quick one or two ;D

1. Does the weather change over time during a mission
2. Anyway of setting random weather

Thanks

Captain Best

• Forum member
Re: Weather Question
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 18:44:29 »

I dont think that will happend with random time in Mission.
I the same to i same to the first question. but im not 100% sure :-[ ::)

alpha117

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 18:48:22 »

OK, Oh well perhaps in a future update ::)

Captain Best

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 18:50:37 »

OK, Oh well perhaps in a future update ::)
Yes i hope. but Remember. im not 100 % Sure ;D

mvsmith

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 19:30:58 »

Hi Alpha117,
Weather changes in a mission can be initiated by placing trigger waypoints. The weather begins to change when the ship passes over the trigger.
There is no direct way to produce random weather changes. There are a couple of techniques to produce pseudo-random changes.
Marty

Captain Best

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 19:35:52 »

Hi Alpha117
Weather changes in a mission can be initiated by placing trigger waypoints. The weather begins to change when the ship passes over the trigger.
There is no direct way to produce random weather changes. There are a couple of techniques to produce pseudo-random changes.
Marty

Thanks for Replying so fast. Hope this would help Alpha117 ;D

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 23:13:31 »

i dont thing the way the weather changes is realistic as on one mission it went from a nice sunny day to a full on storm in 3 seconds flat

mvsmith

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008, 01:09:23 »

Paul,
The weather change can have a time over which the weather changes, for instance 2 minutes. Don’t judge the realism by what one creator has failed to do. If you study the Mission Editor Tutorial you would be in a better position to comment on what can be done in missions.
Marty

TTTITANIC

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2008, 02:24:43 »

hi im the leader of team ocean star if you want to join Huh connect me ate my profial TTTITANIC and if you do want to join the team what do you want your job to be  Huh if you have eney ?  nodifi me  ate TTTITANIC thank you and have a nice day Smiley Wink
Edward C. Smith Captin of Pride of Vigo a future ship that will set sail in 2023 by then our world will be the great it hase ever ben (or not Who knows) I want every 1 to send me a pic or video telling me what ship u would like to see in the future( u don't have to send me a vid if u shoose not to

NathanC

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2008, 06:42:28 »

hi im the leader of team ocean star if you want to join Huh connect me ate my profial TTTITANIC and if you do want to join the team what do you want your job to be  Huh if you have eney ?  nodifi me  ate TTTITANIC thank you and have a nice day Smiley Wink

I reckon you're heading to a ban if you keep this up  ;)

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2008, 07:05:54 »

Hello TTTITANIC,

Please do not spam exsisting topics with recruitment for an SS08 team.
If you have an announcement to make about a new team, you can make your own topic, in Small Talk for example. But putting random posts like that into multiple topics about totally different subjects, is spamming. And spamming, is not allowed on the forum.

I have removed the other spam messages, I trust you understand.

Don't worry if you're perhaps not familiar with forums or don't know exactly what to do or where to place what. To make things easier for you as a new forum member, here are some links that you may find useful:

The Help Page.  To assist you with forum posting, and the more advanced features on the forum -
http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php?action=help

The Forum Rules.  To help you make informed decisions regarding posting - http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,26.0.html

The Search function.  A very useful tool to help you find the answer to that elusive question -
http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php?action=search

The Tutorials board.  Check here for guides that cover common questions -
http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/board,35.0.html

The Technical Support board/s.  Got a problem with your game?  This is where you need to check first.

Ship Simulator 2006 Technical Support -
http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/board,9.0.html

Ship Simulator 2008 Technical Support -
http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/board,5.0.html

* Please note:  To access Technical Support, you will need to register your Ship Simulator licence key into your forum profile.  If you're not sure how to do this, please check the General FAQ's, or send a Personal Message to a Moderator.

The FAQ's and Announcements board.  Check here for answers to commonly asked questions.  Also a useful source for the latest information regarding Ship Simulator development - http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/board,1.0.html

Any other questions you have, the Moderating team are always on-hand to help you.  You can contact any member of the team by Personal Message.

Regards,
Fred

alpha117

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2008, 07:06:27 »

Thanks MArty, will look into the editor

TerryRussell

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2008, 08:58:55 »

You should also be aware that the weather change triggers are not very consistent. A Mission Creator may set the trigger to create a slight mist, but find that total fog is produced. Or the creator might change the wind speed, only to find that total fog is produced. (Fog is common result of any in-game changes to the weather).

However, the transition time from one weather pattern to another is well-managed. The creator can set a transition time between zero and 100 seconds. Many creators don't seem to set that value though. Not sure why.

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2022, 12:10:37 »

Hi Alpha117,
Marty

But when you save a mission after the weather has changed by passing the weather changing trigger waypoint and you reopen it, you see that the weather change hasn't been saved at all and that the weather has reverted to the mission's initial weather conditions. What can I do to save the changed weather after passing the weather changing trigger waypoint?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines