Hello Guest September 14, 2024, 23:19:07 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The Shipyard  (Read 6845 times)

NathanC

The Shipyard
« on: July 03, 2008, 15:22:34 »

Has anyone else seen this? It's fantastic, new Enviroments too! I hope to get the Furie tonight. I cannot wait to see new ships and enviroments, fantastic idea from VSTEP!

http://www.shipsim.com/shipyard/shipyard.php
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 15:42:48 by NathanC »

Ship Sim

Re: The Shipyard
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 15:24:48 »

Yes they are releasing the new ships, Thanks Vstep
Cant wait to get them later. ;)

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 16:03:51 »

lets wait and see when new ships and ports come soon

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 16:23:02 »

Great, a REALLY good idea! :)

At the moment, I can only see 2 products, but i'm sure this will grow :)

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 16:23:17 »

Great service ;)

Person264

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 16:24:57 »

Just watched the video preview for the Furie, would a steam tugboat really sound like that?

soap boy

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 16:25:18 »

i want them but because of my super speedy internet i cant ::) (im being sarcastic) but i want furie and hope they add elbe tho

NathanC

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 16:26:19 »

They will definetly add more vessels and enviroments, and i guess the Elbe is not far off  ;)

I think they'll put all of the NH vessels there for single download too, the OS is already there

Chris-S1

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 16:27:30 »

looks raly good cant w8 to see what comes next :)

beechjetkid17

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2008, 17:42:54 »

It looks awesome. Can't wait to see what comes soon.

NathanC

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2008, 17:43:45 »

I'm not allowed to download it  >:(

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2008, 17:46:55 »

Why's that? :(

NathanC

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2008, 17:54:57 »

Why's that? :(

Because my dad believes VSTEP give out viruses  :(

everyone is going so scatter of to servers with the Furie and i'm going to be left there sitting on my own in the old enviroments and the old ships
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 18:16:07 by NathanC »

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2008, 17:57:27 »

bull plop a company that needs customers would never give viruses but i could see why he would think so

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2008, 18:01:45 »

Because my dad believes VSTEP are a big company which enjoys sending out viruses, which is a load of.......................  >:(

I am seriously considering un installing SS2008 now, everyone is going so scatter of to servers with the Furie and i'm going to be left there sitting on my own in the old enviroements and the old ships (old is the worst word i can use  ;) )

You what??

How could he think that?

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2008, 18:03:08 »

i have nh but i never use there servers as there is never any one on them i only every  use solent rotterdam and mersellie

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2008, 18:08:47 »

Heh... yeah, sending out virusses would be very bad business, so your dad can rest assured that VSTEP would never do such a thing, nor would any other company that has to make a living off those products.

In fact, you're thousands if not millions of times more likely to get virusses from day to day internet stuff like emailing (if you're daft enough to open up questionable mail), using chat programs or surfing to unreliable websites, not to mention downloading stuff. I trust you have downloaded the patches over time.. so doesn't your father feel the same way about those? Because his view could apply there too then. The truth is, companies don't send out virusses in their products. Hmm.. well at least, VSTEP is not... Microsoft, now that is another story.. their mnain product IS a virus.. (I know it's got me pretty sick from time to time)  ;D  :P

Perhaps your Dad isn't all that computer literate, I don't know, and I don't mean any disrespect of course. I know mine is skeptical about online shopping or -banking etc aswell. Perhaps you can persuade your dad by showing him some facts about such things in reliable media...

Fred

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2008, 18:12:23 »

the internet can be a safe place if you use it safely as mad fred says if you dont go on silly website like "you have got a car or £1000" they are not safe but most of the internet is fine

NathanC

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2008, 18:13:44 »

Heh... yeah, sending out virusses would be very bad business, so your dad can rest assured that VSTEP would never do such a thing, nor would any other company that has to make a living off those products.

In fact, you're thousands if not millions of times more likely to get virusses from day to day internet stuff like emailing (if you're daft enough to open up questionable mail), using chat programs or surfing to unreliable websites, not to mention downloading stuff. I trust you have downloaded the patches over time.. so doesn't your father feel the same way about those? Because his view could apply there too then. The truth is, companies don't send out virusses in their products. Hmm.. well at least, VSTEP is not... Microsoft, now that is another story.. their mnain product IS a virus.. (I know it's got me pretty sick from time to time)  ;D  :P

Perhaps your Dad isn't all that computer literate, I don't know, and I don't mean any disrespect of course. I know mine is skeptical about online shopping or -banking etc aswell. Perhaps you can persuade your dad by showing him some facts about such things in reliable media...

Fred

I've already told him that if a big company like VSTEP started handing out Viruses they would be in big trouble - oh, so i'm the only one to get a virus out of the 10,000 other people to download Furie? Sounds Unlikely doesn't it? I agree that he's not computer literate, he said i'm not allowed to get a new better graphics card because you can't fit them to Dell Computers (!!???!!) What the hell am i playing shipsim on then, magic?

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2008, 18:15:43 »

if you have your own bank cards you can get it without him knowing maybe vstep could start allowing solo cards as allmost everyone over 13 has one of them

NathanC

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2008, 18:17:38 »

if you have your own bank cards you can get it without him knowing maybe vstep could start allowing solo cards as allmost everyone over 13 has one of them

I don't want to break the rules, whatever my parents say i go by - Maybe a read of Mad_Freds post will persuade him

goodles

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2008, 18:59:07 »

Well done VSTEP this is a step in a good direction :0

Cant wait to see what we will have in the Shipyard :)

Minime

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2008, 19:09:46 »

Very good idea, I'm looking forward to see more items in there.

thanks to Tore/TJK for this awesome sig

serkan

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2008, 19:15:37 »

Thanks Vtsep very good idea. i bought s/s Furie, she is very very nice !
now i am waiting for Elbe

NathanC

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2008, 07:09:13 »

It looks like sailing the Furie upto Maassluis on SS2008 with IRI5HJ4CK won't happen now - and if VSTEP release the Port of Hull as an extra enviroment, then i will be very unhappy  :(
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines