Hello Guest September 20, 2024, 09:43:47 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Danube semicatamaran  (Read 1757 times)

Third Mate

• Forum member
Danube semicatamaran
« on: July 03, 2008, 06:33:28 »

DANUBE INTERMODAL SHIPS - Danube semicatamaran

Hey i have found a new and highly detailed project for VSTEP, or our greatest modeler in the world GOAX75 if you are in the mood for making something else or get bored or need new ideas ::). It's like a big barge with the brains of a pushboat but a body of a barge. It has a vessel on page 6 onwards and until that page there's a little intro about this whole thing.From what i think, this would be a project for 2009 or 2010.But firstly do you even like the idea? These boat from what i read is that they drive up or down rivers originally, but don't get any crazy ideas ;).I think this has EVERYTHING you would need to know about how to build the vessel, information, tonnage, blue prints, images, you name it. If you think about it this would be like having a pushboat and a barge all in one.I hope this would be an interesting idea to have as a project, and would love it to drive that long heap of junk one day :D( i mean that in a good way).

And who knows this could a good new add-on vessel for SS09 along with Berge Stah and GOAX75 's new push boat and more to come ::), well i have no idea about that one.

http://www.dpc-belgrade.co.yu/download/Dusburger%20Kolloquium%20-%20Dejan%20Radojcic%20-%20XP.pdf
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 10:56:16 by Third Mate »

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Dave M

• Global Moderator
Re: Danube semicatamaran
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 20:26:13 »

Hi Third Mate,
I like the pusher that we have so I would certainly like to have a go at the catamaran in the photograph. About half way through the document they came up with a random access RO-RO where the ship carries the trailer and cab and so there would be passengers, (the drivers), and the trucks were parked across the ship, they called it the bus stop option or something. Even though we haven't got a lot of inland waterway and no locks at the moment, I'm sure that in the future, Vstep will provide, (that sounds almost religious doesn't it?)  ;).
The potential for missions with that sort of vessel in it are huge, (especially if we could trim the ship to allow the trucks to drive off in a location where the quayside may be higher or lower than the ship).
A very nice idea.  :)

Regards, Dave
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950  @ 3.07GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.1GHz

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 05:56:18 »

Hi Third Mate,
I like the pusher that we have so I would certainly like to have a go at the catamaran in the photograph. About half way through the document they came up with a random access RO-RO where the ship carries the trailer and cab and so there would be passengers, (the drivers), and the trucks were parked across the ship, they called it the bus stop option or something. Even though we haven't got a lot of inland waterway and no locks at the moment, I'm sure that in the future, Vstep will provide, (that sounds almost religious doesn't it?)  ;).
The potential for missions with that sort of vessel in it are huge, (especially if we could trim the ship to allow the trucks to drive off in a location where the quayside may be higher or lower than the ship).
A very nice idea.  :)

Regards, Dave

Thanks, every good reply will open a door for this interesting "project" or "idea". By the looks of it, it should not be complicated to make, i mean you would make the body of the pushboat and the interior objects, decorations etc. Than outside you would have 1 simple shape representing the boat itself, then you would attach the body of the pushboat onto that shape. Afterwards you would make the containers on the ship and in the front you would make the anchor chain, following that there would adding some color on to every shape, maybe some posters, about 3 props or 2 at the back with the rudders. Technically this would be a rough estimation about where would everything would go.All im saying is that it does not look like it has any complicated shapes and bumps  apart from the inside maybe and if you want to include an engine room maybe. But the only problem is that i have no idea how to model, but other people can, ill just be the guy in the office getting the ideas and planning exactly (not in this case) how things will be made and where everything would go.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 06:11:44 by Third Mate »

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Capt. Le Velle

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 01:43:35 »

vstep should put it on the game

Pain is weakness leaving the body-Special Ops Instructors.
http://www.freewebs.com/shipsimusa/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines