Hello Guest April 19, 2024, 06:58:15 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [RESOLVED] license key does not work help!  (Read 13295 times)

mrizz999

• Forum member
[RESOLVED] license key does not work help!
« on: July 01, 2008, 23:15:30 »

I just bought it but when I try to enter the license key it allways says "Error: No valid license key entered."
What do I need to do to make it work? Please HELP me!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 18:42:45 by TerryRussell »

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
Re: license key does not work help!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 23:17:39 »

Hiya mrizz999 :)

If you are having problems with your licence key/s, please double-check them first, and try entering them again.  If this still doesn't work, you can send your licence key/s to a Moderator by Personal Message (PM).  The key/s will be checked for you.

Please don't post your licence key/s on the main forum, thank you.

Regards.

Carl.

Edit:  Running a Search of the forum before posting, will reveal the information you need usually :)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 23:23:42 by [RWP]DJM »
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

Yicker

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 14:02:04 »

Hi mriz999,

Don't know if it's the same issue but I installed Ship Simulator 2008 and the New Horizons Add-on. When I ran the program it asked me to enter the key for New Horizons which was accepted then it asked me for the key for Ship Simulator 2008 but it just kept saying 'Invalid Licence key'.

I then uninstalled both programs, reinstalled Ship Simulator, ran it up and entered the licence key, which was accepted. Then I installed New Horizons, ran Ship Simulator again and this time entered the key for New Horizons which again was accepted. Then everything ran up without any problems.

Hope the above makes some sense and possibly helps solve your issue.

Cheers
Scott

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 20:55:17 »

I just bought it but when I try to enter the license key it allways says "Error: No valid license key entered."
What do I need to do to make it work? Please HELP me!

it might seem a silly questoin but i may happen do you have a real copy of ship sim as there is many fakes out there

cemmy

• Forum member
license key does not work help
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 13:34:14 »

I just install the Ship Simulator update version from v1.0 to 1.4.2 and then the program ask me to enter the serial number from ship simulator 2008 and the error is "No valid licens key entered".The licens key is valid,because i tested before install the update version.What i have to do in this situation?

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 14:46:53 »

Hiya cemmy, and welcome to the forum :)

As posted above:

Hiya mrizz999 :)

If you are having problems with your licence key/s, please double-check them first, and try entering them again.  If this still doesn't work, you can send your licence key/s to a Moderator by Personal Message (PM).  The key/s will be checked for you.

Please don't post your licence key/s on the main forum, thank you.

Regards.

Carl.

Edit:  Running a Search of the forum before posting, will reveal the information you need usually :)

Regards.

Carl.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

Capt. Trigwell

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009, 15:41:34 »

Hi, I have just tried entering my license key into my forum profile page to validate the Add-on download and it saying it is not valid. Could a Moderator please come to my rescue? Many Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 15:43:18 by Capt. Trigwell »

TerryRussell

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2009, 16:06:17 »

Hi, I have just tried entering my license key into my forum profile page to validate the Add-on download and it saying it is not valid. Could a Moderator please come to my rescue? Many Thanks!

Hi Capt. Trigwell.

First thing to check is that you've used capital letters where appropriate. The vast majority of license key problems seem to be due to that. (entering "abcd" instead of "ABCD")

Second thing is to recheck that you're entering the correct key (so if you have New Horizons, don't enter that one).

If that's all OK, please send me your license key in a PM (don't put it on this Forum, though, please). And I'll see if I can see what's up.

[update] It was resolved.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 18:07:46 by TerryRussell »

NZeT

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2009, 10:24:44 »

Hey.Y'm new at forum.Y'm from Romania.Sorry for my erorror but y don't know to speak enghlish so much...Y instaled Ship Simulator 2008 and New Horizonz.The cd-key for New Horizonz its not working.I try to reinstaling the game but...Please help me :'(

TerryRussell

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2009, 12:10:06 »

Hey.Y'm new at forum.Y'm from Romania.Sorry for my erorror but y don't know to speak enghlish so much...Y instaled Ship Simulator 2008 and New Horizonz.The cd-key for New Horizonz its not working.I try to reinstaling the game but...Please help me :'(

Good morning.

First thing to check is that you are using capital letters. ("ABCDE-FGHIJK" not "abcde-fghijk")

If that still doesn't work, let me know what your license key is, please.

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2009, 20:26:01 »

And make sure you are entering the key it asks for. ;) I did that once and entered my NH key when it asked me for my ship simulator 2008 key.

TerryRussell

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2009, 20:43:24 »

Yes, that's also the first thing to check.

heliboy08

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2009, 03:55:15 »

I AM HAVING THE SAME TROUBLE CAN ANY ONE HELP PLEASE

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2009, 08:32:49 »

I AM HAVING THE SAME TROUBLE CAN ANY ONE HELP PLEASE

Hi There!

Welcome to the forum! :)

Ok, first thing you need to check is, have you entered your lisence key in Capital Letters, so like Terry said above, it should be (This is an example):

AFODW-OKLAFI, not afodw-oklafi.

If you are entering your lisence key in capital letters, the next thing to do is check your entering the right one, so, if you have the "New Horizons" add on pack, don't enter that lisence key, you need to enter your Ship Simulator Key.

If you find that your still having trouble, let us know :thumbs:

Jack.
Kind Regards,
Jack.

legolas

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2009, 07:10:56 »

send email to me address removed, i give your license .... :police: :police:
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 07:29:39 by mvsmith »

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2009, 07:43:49 »

send email to me address removed, i give your license .... :police: :police:

I love how you add the police icons, are you waiting for them to show up at your door?

firestar12

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2009, 14:39:43 »

I love how you add the police icons, are you waiting for them to show up at your door?
Probably. I am in doubt as to how much longer he will be able to access this forum. We should bet on it! ;D

mvsmith

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2009, 16:00:35 »

Messing around with license keys on the forum is a serious offence, and a very bad idea, as the late, unlamented, legolas found out.

Xdaz

• Forum member
License key does not work help!
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2009, 16:02:06 »

Hello,

lately I installed Ship simulator 2008 and it all worked fine. But then also installed
the add-on: new horizons. And since then he keeps on saying that my serial-key
is invaled. So I thought must be because of the add-on, I just uninstalled the whole
program and now only installed Ship simulator 2008, without the add-on. And it worked
all fine, so I tried to install the add-on again. And now agian it says that my serial is
invaled.

I have tried it with capital letters and all that stuff, but it still says invalid

Can please someone help?  ???

Update: Stupid of me, just did the licence key in the wrong order  :captain:

« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 16:26:08 by mvsmith »

rondini

• Forum member
Re: [RESOLVED] license key does not work help!
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2009, 02:49:15 »

OK here is my problem. Got a new computer, reinstalled the game on my new one, but can't seem to recall the procedure with where u find the license key?

Any hints? I am wondering if i have misplaced a card, or a  disc sleeve?
Or is there a way to find it in the game itself after it has been installed?

TerryRussell

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2009, 17:10:11 »

Hi rondini.

Several ways, but I think they won't all help you.

(1)
If you have registered your copy, the license key can be recalled using a special program. But as you haven't installed it on this PC, that won't work for you. Have you uninstalled it from the old PC yet? If not you may be able to extract the license key. Let me know, and perhaps I can help.

(2)
If you registered your profile on this forum, you could simply view your profile and it would be there. But for some reason, you didn't do that previously. So that's no use, either.

(3)
If it was a boxed copy, you could simply look on the packaging.

(4)
If it was a downloaded copy, you would have received an email with the key.

(5)
Failing all of the above, send a copy of the receipt for the game to info@shipsim.com, explaining your problem. Although they are under no obligation to help, I have always found them to be very helpful.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 17:11:56 by TerryRussell »

rondini

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2009, 03:59:29 »

i have the boxed copy. but i am thinking the key was on a sleeve that the disc was in? And said sleeve seems to be MIA. It is still on the older machine. It is being sold to a nephew, but has not been wiped yet. I see my profile has the license key for Ship Sim 2006. I would guess that it is not transferable.

Can someone tell me specifically where i can find it?

well i found the sleeve, amongst some others that were being used as notepaper. U do not wan to see what disorganised mess the "computer room' is in this place. 8 Macs of various vintages, plus 3 others in other parts. Wife is anxiously awaiting next 'tech' garbage day in town.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 04:06:40 by rondini »

EL CAPITAN

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2009, 05:14:13 »

Hi, I just bought the Ship Simulator 2008 + Ship Simulator 2008 Add on: New Horizons.  The first time I installed it, I installed SS08 then SS08NH, then ran SS08. I was asked for my cd key, I entered the on at the back of the manual for SS08 and received an error saying it is not valid for this product. Tried the SS08HS key located at the back of the manual for SS08HS and still got the same error.  I rechecked my keys to make sure I typed them correctly but got the same error.  I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, entered the same keys and same error.  After spending like 3 Hours working on it I finally gave up and and was fuming mad that perhaps the guys in the store gave me the wrong disks for the manual.

Next day after I got a new unopened box of SS08+SS08HS, not after I gave them a scathing tirade of how much time and effort was wasted by me for their "mistake". I installed SS08 and SS08HS and used the cdkeys that are in their individual manuals, the same error came up.  My patience was really going, but I reckon I'll check the forums. And here was something I haven't tried. Installed SS08 only and entered its cdkey, and the same error came back! 

I read the moderators kind message to email the cdkeys that came with the game, unfortunately my patience is already gone  and I am about to leave for the store with this game in hand, and an apology which is rightly due. 

I wrote this hoping that those resposible for this game to better check out this cd key bug because they're loosing a lot of customers and sales. And that their reputation is at stake, I'll reiterate to that store which is statewide, to remember me and refrain from getting games from this mob!  :evil:

TerryRussell

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2009, 09:34:11 »

I've already spoken to El Capitan by PM, but for general information, I suspect that what happened was that the NH key was entered instead of the SS Key at the beginning. Unless the game is completely uninstalled, it retains that incorrect key and won't get past the problem.

Fix is to uninstall the game, the install only Ship Simulator. Start the game and enter the SS key. Then exit, install NH and start the game again, and enter the NH key.

I know how easy this is to get in the wrong sequence. I did it myself at one stage.  :doh:

I'm assuming that the Australian publisher hasn't made some some of mass production error, of course. That is possible, but not very likely.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines