Hello Guest April 16, 2024, 14:13:37 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dock cranes  (Read 4608 times)

02ian

• Forum member
Dock cranes
« on: July 14, 2007, 11:41:44 »

i was wondering if every dock crane operates, can i chose any crane i want (particullay the ones at southampton container dock) or is it only available at certain missions?

also, can you tow non playable vessels?

also, in Southampton is the Marchwood yacht club modeled? (its opposit the container docks)

Karbine

• Forum member
Re: Dock cranes
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 11:53:05 »

Instead of starting a new topic - i have a question too:

In a review i read that you can fight fires onboard ships? Is this true? if so are there any screenshots or videos showing this.
Regards
Ben
-----------------------
River Thames Waterman and Lighterman
www.riverthames.co.nr
-----------------------

Captain Davies

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 13:10:42 »

Actually you should have started a new topic, rather than hijack another's post.

In answer to the original question, I beleive it is only certain cranes which have been placed for that purpose by the mission creator that can be used.

In answer to the second question, there will be firefighting but not yet.  It is to be released in a free patch.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 13:12:13 by Captain Davies »

Ship Sim

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 06:21:00 »

Cant wait for the fire fighting patch. Vstep already has a fire simulator.

Wout

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 09:23:46 »

i was wondering if every dock crane operates, can i chose any crane i want (particullay the ones at southampton container dock) or is it only available at certain missions?

also, can you tow non playable vessels?

also, in Southampton is the Marchwood yacht club modeled? (its opposit the container docks)
Crane operations are only in certain missions, and you can use a predetermend crane then. In the future it will be possible to make your own missions, also crane missions.

Yes, you can tow non playable vessels.

I'm not sure about the yacht club, I thought it was modelled.

In a review i read that you can fight fires onboard ships? Is this true? if so are there any screenshots or videos showing this.
This will become available probably in oktober as free download.

Actually you should have started a new topic, rather than hijack another's post.
Topics don't belong to people, they belong to subjects. Easy answerable questions like the questions posted in this topic can be combined without a problem.
Wout

Captain Davies

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2007, 12:03:19 »

Topics don't belong to people, they belong to subjects. Easy answerable questions like the questions posted in this topic can be combined without a problem.

Fair enough, though I still think it's wrong to ask a question in someone else's question post.  At least until someone has answered the original, then I think it's ok to ask futher questions.

02ian

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 11:44:43 »

another question, mooring... can you moor up anywhere or does there have to be bollards placed in advanced like in 06?

in the free roam are the bollards already there?

when loading containers... can you put them anywhere on the ship, or only on a couple of stacks?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines