Hello Guest September 23, 2024, 13:27:39 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: RMS Olympic Model  (Read 4037 times)

NathanC

RMS Olympic Model
« on: June 18, 2008, 17:24:51 »

Hello everyone, shortly i will be ordering this model of the RMS Olympic:

http://www.shipmodels.co.uk/949_1_11141.html

It's 1/1750 scale, which is 6" long, and is made of die cast. It's quite special as it will be my first mini ship model, and i'll post pictures when she arrives  ;D

Actually, i do have a ship model, it's a 20cm long model of P&Os "Norsea", not in great condition though, which is why i look forward to taking delivery of the Olympic.

If anyone wants, i'll post pictures of the Norsea.

NathanC

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
Re: RMS Olympic Model
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 18:57:41 »

i was also going to get that model a cuple of years back but never did wish i had now

Al Bundy

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 07:56:31 »

This is one of the rare time where Titanic pose as Olympic. It is usually the other way around.

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 08:54:32 »

I have a small QE2 model i'm making :)

Not done yet though :P Good luck with your Nathan!

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 09:39:04 »

i have two model tug boats, i'll post some pics in a bit!

oh and they actually are remote controlled also, so i can sail them on lakes. And the London tug i have is being restored and will be equiped with a speed boat engine, not for speed but for towing power for competitions. Heres a picture of the ship, its not very good but its all i could find, i do have one somewhere but i can't think where. Its called the Cullamix

EDIT: heres a better picture of the real cullamix, the tug my model is based on.

Later i will post a picture of my model that needs restoring and the engine thats going into her hopefully.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 10:02:18 by IRI5HJ4CK »
Kind Regards,
Jack.

maritiem

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2008, 18:27:08 »

hi

i'm making the c-3 freighter hawaiian pilot from revell.

People can almost do anything, The only thing they can't is forgive each other.

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2008, 22:16:30 »

Its unproportional and its A deck is weather sheilded.

And I picked that up in less than 5 seconds.

llamalord

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2008, 05:01:18 »

You should show your Olimpic model to Paddy, he's making a ship that looks very similar to that one. :-\
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

www.llamalord

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2008, 05:09:47 »

You should show your Olimpic model to Paddy, he's making a ship that looks very similar to that one. :-\
makes for a better Titanic model, I think.

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2008, 10:42:44 »

yes she dose she has the inclosed a deck promanard maybe she way and old titanic model that they refitted

NathanC

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2008, 11:35:37 »

The same company that made the above model also made the Titanic, Britannic and Gigantic in the same scale, so maybe they didn't change it to save money

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2008, 11:37:03 »

cheap company at there best dont change the model just the name tag  ;D

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2008, 13:31:29 »

Tisk, tisk. They're no Titanic Research & Modeling Association, that's for sure.

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2008, 13:45:26 »

im sorry but to stick a label that says olimpic on a model of titanic isent it fase trading and yes a 5 year old would be able to tell the differance

NathanC

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2008, 14:20:10 »

Should i buy it or get the Titanic one instead (at least the Titanic one has the correct name to go with the body)

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2008, 14:21:13 »

yes get the titanic

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2008, 14:26:06 »

i have just been the the efe website and i can tell you that all 3 ships the titanic olyimpic and brittanic all have the same hull just differnt  paint jobs

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2008, 23:22:23 »

i have just been the the efe website and i can tell you that all 3 ships the titanic olyimpic and brittanic all have the same hull just differnt  paint jobs
Dimwits, the lot of them!

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2008, 08:49:49 »

realy it is a shame that it is not modle corecty as have all 3 ships would be nice but not if they are all the same maybe somone should email them telling them of the silly mistake they have made
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 21:13:51 by pauljanaway1 »

llamalord

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2008, 14:32:24 »

realy it is a shame that it is not modle corecty as have all 3 ships would be nice but not if they are all the same maybe somone should email them telling them of the silly mistake they have made

It really is a shame that the Titanic sank, but no one has done anything about that either :P (Also we wouldn't have a great movie) ::)
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

www.llamalord

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2008, 14:36:45 »

It really is a shame that the Titanic sank, but no one has done anything about that either :P (Also we wouldn't have a great movie) ::)
Show me a Titanic movie that features the band playing the most likely version of "Nearer, My God, To Thee" the real ship's band would have played as she went down ::)

mvsmith

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2008, 17:51:45 »

Jim Cameron chose the version of “Nearer My God to Thee” that would be most recognizable to the US audience. There were three different settings of the hymn common in 1912:

Lowell Mason’s “Bethany” was one. John Bacchus Dykes’s “Horbury” was favored by the C of E. Sir Arthur Sullivan’s “Propior Deo” was favored by British Methodists.
Hartley was a Methodist, and Sullivan’s tune is inscribed on his grave in Colne Cemetery. On the other hand, The Dykes version is more likely to be in the official repertoire on a British liner because religious services followed the Church of England liturgy.

None of the survivors who claimed the hymn was last played specified the setting. By no means had all of the survivors claimed it was played. Harold Bride—the surviving Marconi operator, and one of the last to leave her—claimed that the band played ragtime and a tune he identified only as “Autumn”. A ragtime tune “Song d’ Automne” was then a big hit in London.

So the last tune—like so many Titanic legends—is not definitely known, despite considerable research into the matter.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 17:57:46 by mvsmith »

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2008, 17:57:37 »

allthough the survivors give a great insite into the titanic they can also mis lead or have different ways of seeing things as many people said the titanic when down in one piece not we know that not to be true but the survivors did have more pressing matters at the time of the ship going down so realy unless we can go back to when titanic sunk we will never realy know the details

NathanC

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2008, 17:58:04 »

wow this has gone off topic  :o

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2008, 17:59:39 »

yes a little but to bring it back on as all 3 models are of the titanic you might as well get the titanic
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines