Hello Guest September 14, 2024, 23:03:23 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A chalenge for experienced ship simers  (Read 2351 times)

Third Mate

• Forum member
A chalenge for experienced ship simers
« on: June 08, 2008, 03:26:54 »

Today i have tried out a little something.I chose the P6, Marsile,France and i have driven it but here's how i did it:

Start of by choosing the helm view, press tab to get rid of all information and  drive it around Marsile for about half an hour.Did it feel, more realistic than your usual way of sailing with all the information in front of you or was it no change.

If you are a real sailor try out the challenge and see how you go.When i did it it felt really realistic simulation feeling inside.Note, it can be with any boat and any enviroment, but try not to make it hard for yourself.Well, tell me how did it go?

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
Re: A chalenge for experienced ship simers
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 09:03:57 »

I do that all the time, i just use the charts in front of me, i only usually keep up the chat box when in MP. And i always stay in the ships cabin, well most of the time anyway. :)
Kind Regards,
Jack.

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 09:45:11 »

same i only use the chart to check the dept of water as we have no water dept equitment on the bridge

SirXpression

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 11:58:19 »

I love doing that on ... like the vermaas since she has an open T bridge.  Great fun :)

and since the bridge goes out about... a meter? away from the side of the ship you can use it for docking...but im not practiced at that yet

can also take pictures like this...
That Damn Scotsman

Minime

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 18:13:51 »

Yeah it's much more realistic sailing that way, but with the bigger ship it gets more challenging

thanks to Tore/TJK for this awesome sig

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2008, 21:10:38 »

I too normally sail this way. I only pull up the info when I need it and as not everything you would normally have acces to can be seen in helm view, that is just a tradeoff that we have to make to get the same awareness as in real life.

I don't use external view often. I mostly stay in 1st person mode with a trackir device to make it much more immersive. I only use the external camera when there is no way of getting my 'virtual eyes' on a certain situation that really does require to be seen. And of course I use it when I want to make nice screenshots or basically just look at the beautiful ships.  ;D

Fred

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 12:58:59 »

only problem is when at the bridge of the larger ships in the game you have a restruced sight ahead so you cannont see anything closely infrount of you e.g. other ships or small speed boats and tugs i only use externel views then ships get close to me so i can see what is happening up fount or at the back of me

SirXpression

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 23:14:26 »

i dont...i use the chart for that... 8)
That Damn Scotsman
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines