Hello Guest September 22, 2024, 00:13:31 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Titanic has no sound.  (Read 2274 times)

Mauiman

• Forum member
Titanic has no sound.
« on: June 06, 2008, 03:30:40 »

How can I make it so that the RMS Titanic can have it's sound? Seen in a youtube video some one was able to hear the waves breaking at the ships bow, Hear the Horn, hear the rumble of the engines and such and even hear the foot steps but I go on the ship and I cannot hear any of that and I made sure the game was installed properly and have even made sure that there were no additions.

What can be done?
Ice is great for drinks but not for ships to run over or for us to step on.

Person264

• Forum member
Re: Titanic has no sound.
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 20:57:19 »

One of the updates (1.1  i think) had no titanic sounds for me as well, have you got the latest update for the game, that might solve the problem.

Mauiman

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 04:55:23 »

Well I did do the update and now I have the horn but no wave breaks at the bow, Engine rumble, or walking sound. Perhapes some one can zip up the sound stuff and something to tell me where to put it all.

Person264

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 12:21:03 »

I dont think there is a sound for the walking, they probably made that bit up, as for the waves, try canging to a different camera mode because you wont hear it from the deck, also, I dont think there are any engine sounds either, could you explain what the engines sounded like, e.g. whirring etc.

Captain Best

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 20:46:34 »

How can I make it so that the RMS Titanic can have it's sound? Seen in a youtube video some one was able to hear the waves breaking at the ships bow, Hear the Horn, hear the rumble of the engines and such and even hear the foot steps but I go on the ship and I cannot hear any of that and I made sure the game was installed properly and have even made sure that there were no additions.

What can be done?
if u restarting missions or Free Roam?

Mauiman

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2008, 04:03:47 »

Free roam. That is what I am doing. And in a youtube video I have heard some engine sound from walking about the decks and the wave breaks on the forcastle deck and the well deck as well as the B deck area on the front of the ship.

right now I don't have time to do much due to me cleaning my room and re-arainging it so that it will be the way that I really wanted it.

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2008, 04:20:37 »

What can be done?

To be honest i don't think Titanic had any sound from the beginning, but if it has it lack off majorly, would you be able to show the video you are describing also.

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

fishlikelong

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2008, 10:20:10 »

That happened to me too but since i updated to the patch before the new one, and upgraded my PC I get all of the sounds

Minime

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2008, 10:27:22 »

I believe I had all those sounds in SS06. But I don't remember if I have them in SS08

thanks to Tore/TJK for this awesome sig

Packack

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2008, 05:02:28 »

the person with perfect sound youtube video and walking, well thats ship simulator 2006, 2008 has no footsteps sound
1: See the tug boat?

2: Big ship, small gap.

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2008, 09:26:38 »

titanic is just laking in sound all round even on the deck you would be abule to hear the sea below a

Mauiman

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2008, 04:26:55 »

This video does show that there is sound when you are on the Titanic. You hear the breaking waves and the engine rumble.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtHngc1KxTc

NathanC

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2008, 08:58:23 »

The footsteps are with the SS2006 Titanic, so you are probably looking at that one?

TerryRussell

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2008, 09:08:49 »

Hi Chaps.

Seems to be going round and round.

2006: Footsteps, engine rumble heard on deck.
2008: no longer available by design (I seem to recall).

As this is NOT a Technical Support issue. I'll move it to General Discussions, where I think it will be more appropriate.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines