Hello Guest April 25, 2024, 03:18:26 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Create Your Own Environment  (Read 6710 times)

sean2e5

• Forum member
Create Your Own Environment
« on: May 22, 2008, 15:12:05 »

I think it would be good if you could create your own place in the game. If your local area isnt in the game or something like that then you could make it yourself on ship sim. Creating your own environment would be great :) to have. Also if you could let others download it aswell. Just thought of it as a idea.
ONLINE NAME      ZENARCHER

Mr Robville

• Administrator
Re: Create Your Own Environment
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 15:50:43 »

would be a great idea, and maybe possible too,
i think if someone makes a high-res environment, that Vstep will place it into the game,
even the pushboat qith the engine room of ''new horizons'' is made by a forum user  ;D

then i already have mine ideas,

but it would be awsome too if the game exist in only one earth environment like flight simulator, this can give you a real oceanic voyage!!  ;D

sean2e5

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 16:53:42 »

Having something built in the game with all the tools and stuff for you to use would be great and it would make it easy to design what you want to.
ONLINE NAME      ZENARCHER

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 18:16:06 »

indeed, i hope that vstep delevopes a converting tool which can convert 3ds files to CFG files, just like Virtual sailor can do with Xfiles

Captain Best

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008, 12:05:38 »

oh yes. a very good idea indeed. if this was availble now. i have sit down with my computer and make Bergen ;D

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2008, 12:24:48 »

Whenever this will ever happen then a tool for converting/importing custom 3D models into the environment if people want to design custom stuff like buildings will be needed ...or Bergen will never look like Bergen :P
The idea sounds exiting. It's like the Sandbox 2 editor for Crysis where you make your own SP or MP maps. :)

Jackobaker53

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2008, 20:15:37 »

if i had the software to create my local area you'd besailing on dual carriageways  ;D
Gypsies call themselves travellers,but most of their caravans dont have wheels

nubbs0427@yahoo.com

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2008, 03:44:09 »

i think this is a great idea i hope that i will happen :o :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D

llamalord

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2008, 03:53:31 »

Because of V-STEP's great eye for quality I see only the opertunity for the really, really good environments to get into the game much like the ships, but the least they can do is give us the tools. :P
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

www.llamalord

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2008, 10:19:23 »

yes people could make the ports and then vstep could add in the fine detail

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2008, 10:43:38 »

you see the thing is this,

v-step like to do their own thing, if you notice they hardly ever put ships that people make into the game, the only ships that have ever got in are the Clyde Puffer, a few small sailing boats, and those little fishing boats, and i don't know even if the small ones are even by people and they aren't even playable ships, i can understand v-steps point of view but if the community are capable of making some good ships and environments, listen to them!

Jack.
Kind Regards,
Jack.

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2008, 11:01:08 »

People cud make great content for this game if they had some really good and explaining guides to follow.
Personally I think that the guide at the Vessel Design Group is rather sparse and bad. There are also no tutorials around making content for this game and it's more a "find-it-out-yourself" situation.

I also mean that if other companies are going to make content for this game they need to know about the game and also how to make the content for the game. Besides who are those companies and where can I find them? :D And how are they going to earn money on this? It will probably not become much... :P

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2008, 11:32:34 »

if they gave use the softwahere to make are own ships and put them ingame themn we could chose what ships we have say you dont like one ship you can just not download it

thay need to undersand that us (the customers) will only buy the game if we think that is is better than the old one and to do so they need to start giving us what we want more ships more emroments and untill they do there customers will dwindel
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 11:34:23 by pauljanaway1 »

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2008, 11:33:56 »

yeah...but who are those companies? ;D :D :D

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2008, 11:36:10 »

many people make new things for games flight sim and train sim are an example you can just go online and downlaod a new plane or train off the net and have it put ingame within a minite  and to the people that dont want low quality shiips just dont download them

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2008, 11:37:47 »

But the fact is that they will not release any software so we can add own ships into the game. It have been stated plenty of times since the beginning of this forum and since SS2006. :)

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2008, 11:41:18 »

well i have seen this game has a very small customer bace only 23580 members on the forum and sinc mp has come out i would guess that every members is registerd on the forum  and to keep the customers that they have got vstep will need to give use what we want more ships and more envroments and as they are a small company they need to let us do some of the work

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2008, 11:45:21 »

Do you want to bet?

I bet $9 that they will not implement this in SS2009. ;D

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2008, 11:49:09 »

oh i know it never will but if vstep is to keeps is customers they need to give us what we want

like if i have known about vs befre i got ship sim i ould nave never got this game because vs has 100's of extra ships and ever more ports for people to downlaod and what we got a nice looking forum

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2008, 11:56:32 »

ok this is taken from the vstep website "VSTEP has 30 staff members" they should have never tried to make a game with this much portencel with 30 people that is why they need to let use add ships and ports to the game as more than 30 people have replyed to this one tread than vstep have working on there whole game

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2008, 15:16:00 »

oh i know it never will but if vstep is to keeps is customers they need to give us what we want

like if i have known about vs befre i got ship sim i ould nave never got this game because vs has 100's of extra ships and ever more ports for people to downlaod and what we got a nice looking forum

VS has a lot of bad quality ships aswell.

Does anyone remeber we wanted switched for the engines? We got them.

In SS06, there were about 8 ships before the addon. Then about 6 with the addon.

In SS08 we started off with about 14 ships, we get 2 more with 1.1 patch, then another 8 with the addon, and you still moan about not enough ships?

SS06 started with 3 environments, then NY was added for free.

In SS08, we started with about 8, and one added in NH.

So VSTEP do listen, and gives nice addons.

I'd much rather have good quality addons ect from VSTEP, then some of the rubbish people make for VS.

What do you want??

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2008, 15:21:15 »

but the addone costs and the 2 new ships comeing out soon they will also cost so they are not the basic game and alot of people can model detailed ports and ships to be added. alot of the ships on the devlipment section are very detailed

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2008, 15:21:51 »

So everything has to be free does it?

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2008, 15:27:09 »

no my point is that just the bacis game has as small amount of ships (16) and a small amount of port (13) and that to help the game progress vstep should let use make our own entrovments and ships that we can put ingame afterall if you dont like a ship somone makes you dont have to download it do you?

and the ships there were in the 2006 addon are also in the 2008 addon you would think the they would add them to the bacis game so if you got had the 2006 addon yo have paided twice for some of the ships
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 15:56:33 by pauljanaway1 »

Minime

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2008, 01:26:10 »

How many VS vs SS conversations do we need, they are all meeningless

thanks to Tore/TJK for this awesome sig
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines